Tracking Bears season numbers

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Dallas had I believe the best offense in the league last year and put up 3 points while having 244 total yards. Even Brady didn't have a stellar first game throwing for 212 yards 1 TD, 1 Int. Prescott threw for 134 yards 0 TDs and 1 Int. Given the conditions/youth and obvious lack of total talent. I thought this team did an incredible job against that 49er defense.
To add insult to injury, literally, Dak is now out 6-8 weeks.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Uhhh because hey weren't playing against backups ?
You can only move the pocket and do roll outs against backups? Yikes, guess we will have to wait for the next pre-season to see it again.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's tough to throw a ton of shade at Kmet after that one. Fields had 7 completions lol, it's not like there was a ton to go around. I also think that Kmet was likely asked to stay and block or chip the DE a lot would be my guess without going back and keying in on him. But I agree, he needs to be more involved in the passing game this season.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Beast15 , @sevvy and others have pointed out, the SF defense is no joke. I still think Fields is going to be a stud, I think Mooney's ceiling is 1,000 - ish yards and 3-4 TDs. Kmet needs to show me something, anything. For as big a guy as he is, he is slow af it takes him like 20 seconds to get open., I wouldn't necessarily say he sucks because he can do some things once you get him the football. They have 0 game changers though, how do you not see this ?
Live TV coverage doesn't give you a good look at how the 49ers defense covered the Bears receivers but i did notice on replays they were giving Kmet a lot of doubles. Either the 49ers thought Kmet is that good or the rest or the Bears WR corp is that bad. I would be interested to hear from someone that watched the All22 how much they doubled Kmet.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can only move the pocket and do roll outs against backups? Yikes, guess we will have to wait for the next pre-season to see it again.
If you listen to Fields, they were defending against the nakeds

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
FWIW, that was one of the best Defensive lines they will face all year. I concur, it was ugly
They have 3 All-Pros in that front 7 right?
Armstead, Bosa, and Warner?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Was anyone impressed with Getsy yesterday? Is he Dowell Loggains 2.0?
I think the thing a lot of people on CCS forget is that theres going to be growing pains within the coaching staff as well. Getsy was basically a ball boy in GB.

But like with everything, its hard to come to any conclusions after one game. Considering the weather conditions, idk how anyone can really take away anything. We can criticize what we see but i don't want to call a guy Dowell Loggains after playing one game in a lake vs a much more talented team. Shit, 19 points in that weather? That's better than what i would have expected.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Post Game 2:

Passing:

Justin Fields: 70 passing yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT

Season total: 191 passing yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs

Fields is currently on pace for 17 touchdowns and 17 interceptions on the season, along with 1,624 yards passing.

Fields can reach 3,800 passing yards by averaging 241 yards per game from here on out. He can reach 4,000 yards passing yards by averaging 254 yards per game from here on out.

Rushing:

David Montgomery - 122 yards on 15 rushing attempts, for a clip of 8.1 yards per carry.
Khalil Herbert - 38 yards on 4 rushing attempts, for a clip of 9.5 yards per carry.

Montgomery is currently on pace for 1,258 yards on the season.
Herbert is currently on pace for 705 yards on the season.

Montgomery can reach 1,000 rushing yards by averaging 57 yards per game from here on out.
Herbert can reach 1,000 yards by averaging 62 yards per game from here on out.

Receiving:

Equanimeous St. Brown is your leading receiver Sunday, at 39 yards on 2 catches.
Ryan Griffin (who?) had 18 yards on 1 catch.
David Mongtomery had 14 yards on 2 catches.
Khalil Herbert had 3 yards on 1 catch.
Darnell Mooney (remember him?) had -4 yards on 1 catch.
Cole Kmet continues to exist somewhere in the ether, with 0 yards on 0 catches and 1 target.

For the season:

St. Brown is your leader, with 57 yards on 3 receptions. As the Bears current receiving leader, St. Brown is on pace for 485 receiving yards on the season. He would need 63 yards per game from here on out to get 1,000 receiving yards on the season.

Next comes Dante Pettis, with 51 yards on 1 catch. He would need 64 yards per game from here on out to get 1,000 yards on the season.
Then David Montgomery, with 38 yards on 5 catches.
Byron Pringle is at 22 yards on 1 reception.
Ryan Griffin has 18 yards on 1 catch.
Darnell Mooney has 4 yards on 2 catches. He would need 67 yards per game from here on out to get 1,000 yards on the season.
Cole Kmet is not on the stat sheet.

Dud of the game: Darnell Mooney, who somehow had fewer yards than Cole Kmet, despite Kmet not registering a catch.

Defense:

Your leaders on the day are Roquan Smith and Nicholas Morrow, both of whom registered 11 total tackles. Morrow also had a TFL.
Brisker had 10.
Eddie Jackson with 9 tackles and a TFL.
Justin Jones with 8 tackles and 2 TFLs.
Gordon had 6 tackles and was atrocious in coverage.
Trevis Gipson had 4 tackles and 2 sacks.
Robert Quinn had 2 tackles and a sack.

Roquan Smith is now on pace for 170 tackles on the year, which would be slightly above his 2021 total (163) and would've been good enough for top 3 in the league last year.

No interceptions for the defense.

There was a fumble recovery by Mike Pennel Jr.

Miscellaneous:

Trenton Gill had 4 punts for 198 yards, at 49.5 yards a clip. His long was 57. He's now on pace for 4,038 yards punting---Impressive numbers continue!

228 total yards for the Bears. Hey, that's better than last week.

11 first downs on 41 offensive plays (yikes). That's 5.6 yards per play. That's actually much better than last week (3.6).

How did they get those 11 first downs?:
Passing - 2 (oof)
Rushing - 9
Penalties - 0

Reactions: DC

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Fields isn't the guy,i've seen enough

We can sit here and go round and round just like we did with Trubisky and say give him time bla bla bla,if Fields was the man.....he would have shown us already and Poles knows this.I guarantee Poles drafts a QB with the first pick or signs one in the offseason,he's known since he was hired as GM that Justin wasn't going to be QB Long term .

It sucks because I wanted Fields to be the guy,he just isn't and the quicker we all accept it the better off the bears will be..

Toast88

Liked Posts:

We can sit here and go round and round just like we did with Trubisky and say give him time bla bla bla,if Fields was the man.....he would have shown us already and Poles knows this.I guarantee Poles drafts a QB with the first pick or signs one in the offseason,he's known since he was hired as GM that Justin wasn't going to be QB Long term .

It sucks because I wanted Fields to be the guy,he just isn't and the quicker we all accept it the better off the bears will be..

You may very well end up being correct. I remember a singular moment early in Trubisky's second year where I just looked at him and knew, this isn't the guy. You can just tell, and like you said, if he was going to be the guy, you'd know by now.

I'm not quite there yet on Fields, but I'm not going to linger on the fence forever like many do.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So you're telling me the offense actually improved the yardage totals from the 1st game! That's called progress!

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You may very well end up being correct. I remember a singular moment early in Trubisky's second year where I just looked at him and knew, this isn't the guy. You can just tell, and like you said, if he was going to be the guy, you'd know by now.

I'm not quite there yet on Fields, but I'm not going to linger on the fence forever like many do.
I will be lingering on the fence for most of the year most likely which I think is reasonable given the coaching change.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Starting to come around on Fields not being the guy. Just sucks to miss on yet another QB. City is cursed or something.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:

Think its too early to say hes not the guy now, but if he's still playing like this at the end of this season then yeah time to find a plan B. Still, 0 reason to not give him all of '22 to show if hes bustin or ballin - we know what siemien and not even going to name the 3rd string QB.

Bust

Liked Posts:

Good points Hans! His advantage over Trubisky <1 year college starter>, Fields was supposed to be the most nfl ready with all the college starts playing in front of huge crowds, meaningful bowl games, big 10 conference, etc.

Fields was projected to be #1 or #2 in the draft and fell out of the top 10 leading up to draft day. all the scouts picked up on something that caused an immediate red flag, hmmmmm

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good points Hans! His advantage over Trubisky <1 year college starter>, Fields was supposed to be the most nfl ready with all the college starts playing in front of huge crowds, meaningful bowl games, big 10 conference, etc.

Fields was projected to be #1 or #2 in the draft and fell out of the top 10 leading up to draft day. all the scouts picked up on something that caused an immediate red flag, hmmmmm
I liked Fields coming out of college, but I got to wonder if coming from Ohio State (the men amongst the boys program in the Big10) where Fields is playing amongst other pro-caliber teammates...and beating up on weaker Big10 teams....inflated Fields' stats to where it fooled a lot of us into believing he's going to be a star in the NFL.

This whole board owes Bust an apology...lol.