Trade Deadline for Cubs Flat Lined

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There were a lot of "ifs" in this year's team being a contender, and Hendry is banking on a lot of those same "ifs" to see if next year's team can also contend. So don't be surprised if there is an epic fail later on this month when nothing happens :lol:

if they plan on rolling out the same team next year, you guys are setting yourself up for another sweet draft pick.

Y2Jacer

Liked Posts:
really not surprised nothing happened...but if it is broke, fix it Cubs...hopefully waivers are more fruitful

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why make a bunch of trades when were only 17 back and still looking at a possible 97 win season? I swear this board knows nothing about baseball.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soriano there is no hope. Zambrano on the other hand could be real interesting considering the dynamicd in Boston and New York.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
Soriano there is no hope. Zambrano on the other hand could be real interesting considering the dynamicd in Boston and New York.

Last time I heard anything about the Yankees and Zambrano, they said they have no interest, even with the Cubs eating almost the whole deal

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont see any team claiming Z either.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you really think that if the Cubs offered to pay 95% of the salary of Zambrano and wanted nothing back that another team wouldn't take a chance on him? Or is it more likely that with the Cubs taking on most of the salary that they actually except something in return which other teams don't have interest. I think as Dewey has chastised me earlier for we don't know all that is going on in the front offices of this team. I think it would be interesting to see what happens, and I think Z being claimed on waivers is way more likely than Soriano being claimed on waivers.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
Do you really think that if the Cubs offered to pay 95% of the salary of Zambrano and wanted nothing back that another team wouldn't take a chance on him? Or is it more likely that with the Cubs taking on most of the salary that they actually except something in return which other teams don't have interest. I think as Dewey has chastised me earlier for we don't know all that is going on in the front offices of this team. I think it would be interesting to see what happens, and I think Z being claimed on waivers is way more likely than Soriano being claimed on waivers.

Them being claimed is still only half the battle. The player still has to accept the move, even if the are just given away for nothing. At least I believe that the NTC and such still applies in that way.

But as far as the paying 95% thing, all we can go off of is what we hear. That had to have started somewhere.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
NTC still apply as we found out last year with Manny to White Sox. Though everything we have heard is that Soriano and Zambrano would accept a move elsewhere.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
NTC still apply as we found out last year with Manny to White Sox. Though everything we have heard is that Soriano and Zambrano would accept a move elsewhere.

Everyone should be placed on waivers, at least all the guys the Cubs have been said to be trying to move... which means only Sori and Z.

Hope someone signs them to keep them away from someone else. Put whispers out there that team X wants them. Try to create false interest in a player to get a team to claim him.... or hope they have a Rios style White Sox brain cramp.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is all I have said about Zambrano. With both the Red Sox and Yankees looking for SP and Zambrano being on waivers, we have a chance that one could panic and claim Z. I am not counting on it, but I think it is a plausible scenario given all information available.