Trade Deadline Nov. 3

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
I would NOT trade Forte but I do believe either Willie Young or Lamar Houston get traded. Not both because you need some backup at OLB.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
You won't be saying that when they trade that injury prone jefferies for a 6th and that bum forte for a bag of peanuts

Bum? Smh

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I was for trading Matt before the season but seeing how he has performed and the shape he is in...I think he could play at a high level for 2 more years similar to Frank Gore. Matt will also be an excellent RB to have in the backfield for a young QB.

Unless the Bears get an offer they can't refuse, I wouldn't go out of my way to try and move him.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Let the trade Briggs brigade begin

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Actually who could the Bears possibly trade for that would be a good fit scheme wise

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

GUSTER12345

Liked Posts:
There's actually some good by not trading Forte which would be if we keep him all year and don't re-sign him next year we'd get a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick in the 2017 draft.

Well it depends on what they are offered.

I hope they don't do it though

Liked Posts:
Willie Young will be dealt, hopefully he can put a few sacks up the next few weeks.

Forte will not be traded, they will not get offered value in comparison to the talent hit they will take for the remainder of the season.

I almost hope the Bears would just overpay a bit to keep him around, & make this whole situation a fish to fry at a more convenient & later date. Personally I believe he has another 2 years left in the tank of good play while taking a gradually lighter workload over the next couple of years. Right now, if the Bears were to trade Forte for anything less than a second or even high third they would really be screwing themselves with immediate & imminent needs at QB, OLB, CB. However if they could trade him & get an extra second to draft a kid like Derick Henry from Alabama then I would be on doing just that in a heartbeat. But that's likely not probable.

Unless Pace can get a fairly high pick for Forte, I think right now the Bears would be better off just even overpaying a bit to keep a stable running game to assist the development of a young QB that I personally believe the Bears will have at the start of next season. I do like both Langford & Carey but neither look like anything more than secondary HBs. If HB doesn't need to be a problem, IMO Pace should avoid making it one for nothing short of the right offer that gives him a shot at a beast like Henry, & doesn't hinder other needs very important needs.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Willie young for verner from TB straight up. TB needs pressure and they just demoted Verner. Let's do this.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is funny some say getting rid of Allen and Bostic was a firesale. Really it was just clearing out dead weight that they were lucky enough to get a couple 6th rnd picks for instead of cutting them.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Willie young for verner from TB straight up. TB needs pressure and they just demoted Verner. Let's do this.

That's actually a good trade idea but not sure what Verner's contract looks like.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It is funny some say getting rid of Allen and Bostic was a firesale. Really it was just clearing out dead weight that they were lucky enough to get a couple 6th rnd picks for instead of cutting them.

The whole reason why pace kept those guys until the regular season. No team was going to trade for young when they figured we would cut him. Allen as well. He basically spent $14 million to get 2 6th round picks.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Verner is a zone coverage guy. That's it. He played well in Tennessee when matched up against a scrub but was burnt toast against the better receivers in the league, he just simply isn't that good. I'd rather get a draft pick

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anyone have an idea of what Forte might be looking for in terms of years? You think he would sign a 3 year contract that's a bit over priced to stay in Chicago?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I look at Forte, and I see Curtis Martin-inasmuch as both take care of themselves, playing at a consistent, very high level with age not playing as much of a factor. Like Martin, I can easily see Forte having a full decade long career of high level play.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I look at Forte, and I see Curtis Martin-inasmuch as both take care of themselves, playing at a consistent, very high level with age not playing as much of a factor. Like Martin, I can easily see Forte having a full decade long career of high level play.

Like I'm gonna trust a guy that uses a Nexus 6... yeah right

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Verner is a zone coverage guy. That's it. He played well in Tennessee when matched up against a scrub but was burnt toast against the better receivers in the league, he just simply isn't that good. I'd rather get a draft pick

He should fit right in Lovie's system if he were a zone guy. I always thought he was more of a man corner and struggled in zone.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That is what I see also. He takes really good care of his body and is the kind of runner who doesn't take a lot of sidewise hits which frequently mean knee or ankle injuries. He also doesn't plant his feet much on his cuts which also lead to joint injuries.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The whole reason why pace kept those guys until the regular season. No team was going to trade for young when they figured we would cut him. Allen as well. He basically spent $14 million to get 2 6th round picks.

Right, and why not do that for a couple picks? 6th round could be a diamond in the rough or nothing. My point, a fire sale is not dumping worthless players off the roster for draft picks.