1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This will make you smile in a couple ways
Joe Alt without reps?

msadows

Liked Posts:
FYI, this is also the only bet I placed on the draft. This guy to be taken prior to pick 22.5. He's going in the late teens

DB012031

Liked Posts:
I like Fashanu better
I like Fashanu better

I watched a lot of Fashanu this year and last (I'm a Big Ten guy) and frankly I just don't get the hype around him. I understand that he is young and has off the chart's athleticism, but I never once saw him just dominate defensive linemen. He looked average at best. I think Mim's becomes a much better RT than Fashanu becomes a left tackle, IMO.

In a way, he reminds me a lot of Alex Leatherwood. All they hype in the world at LT as a young player and should have left a year earlier. Then they both returned to school, didn't dominate at all and basically were average at best, dropped in the draft and is essentially a BUST at the NFL level. I see that happening with Fashanu as well.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I watched a lot of Fashanu this year and last (I'm a Big Ten guy) and frankly I just don't get the hype around him. I understand that he is young and has off the chart's athleticism, but I never once saw him just dominate defensive linemen. He looked average at best. I think Mim's becomes a much better RT than Fashanu becomes a left tackle, IMO.

In a way, he reminds me a lot of Alex Leatherwood. All they hype in the world at LT as a young player and should have left a year earlier. Then they both returned to school, didn't dominate at all and basically were average at best, dropped in the draft and is essentially a BUST at the NFL level. I see that happening with Fashanu as well.

Yea no thanks on Fashanu. This guy looks like he's got serious potential but you'd have to have some serious balls to march him out at a spot in the NFL he's never played after only a few starts in college.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Mims would project to LT.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Mims would project to LT.

I believe, after watching some Georgia games (i would say probably watched 5-6 games this year) Mims could more than likely play on either side (similar to Wright). However, IMO, he would be an OK LT but he could potentially dominate at the RT. Regardless, I would take Mims over Fashanu, absolutely.

The other linemen I really like that isn't getting the same love as the rest, the kid out of Arizona. I know he is coming off an injury (ACL I believe) but I think he could be the absolutely steal of the draft for whoever takes him late first or early 2nd round.