bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
20 career starts

63% completion percentage
5530 yards
37 TDs
11 INTs
93 rating

That is a better option than most would admit.

Pass. Go compare Trubisky's last 20 games to Minshew's numbers.

Going from Trubisky to Minshew would have netted:

+340 yards (a whopping 17 yards a game)
+4 TDs (.2 TDs a game)
-7 INTs (.35 INTs less a game)

That's barely an upgrade. Why give away anything for the same results?

If you think Minshew is a better option than most admit, then Trubisky is also a better option than most admit. That's not the case. If you go by just this season, the numbers are even closer. You're gonna get the same guy.

Low end QB is still low end QB.

As far as Hurts. If I was Pace and Nagy, no thanks. Not saying the guy can't be good, but I didn't see enough to think that was a guy I would put my job on the line for. If I'm doing that, I'd rather take my chances just drafting a guy.

greg23

Liked Posts:
They were trying to lose.

They were doing a fine job at losing with minshew......and once they didn't need to lose; Mike Glennon still started

You hate mitch because he sucks

Yet you advocate for a guy who is almost exactly the same

Trade for someone who has elite potential not a 6t round clone shorter version of Trubisky or trade up to around 10 and grab one of the 4 in the draft if they fall

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
If you asked anyone who isn't a bears fan they'll tell you Minshew is clearly better then Mitch. Mitch last season played bottom of the barrel defenses in pretty much every game he played. Most of his completions starting with Houston were 10 yards or closer past the line of scrimmage.

If you told a Packers fan that Mitch is just as good as Minshew he'd laugh at you.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Hurts came in and did alright for his first NFL experience, being a back-up QB. Certainly not a guy I would chase if I were the Bears, but I think he could be a serviceable QB in the league at some point down the line.

greg23

Liked Posts:
If you asked anyone who isn't a bears fan they'll tell you Minshew is clearly better then Mitch. Mitch last season played bottom of the barrel defenses in pretty much every game he played. Most of his completions starting with Houston were 10 yards or closer past the line of scrimmage.

If you told a Packers fan that Mitch is just as good as Minshew he'd laugh at you.

If you ask anyone who is a football fan if gardner minshew is a top qb; they'd laugh at you. He's not an upgrade; he'd be a fine backup.....why are we debating this guy?

Seriously...if pace and/or the BHVWGHC signed him and said problem solved there would be 2 reactions

1. Hysterical laughter
2. Puking

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you ask anyone who is a football fan if gardner minshew is a top qb; they'd laugh at you. He's not an upgrade; he'd be a fine backup.....why are we debating this guy?

Seriously...if pace and/or the BHVWGHC signed him and said problem solved there would be 2 reactions

1. Hysterical laughter
2. Puking

Why do we keep debating him? Because you keep bringing him up.

WC lists 3 guys as shitty options in case of emergency... You zero'd in on Minshew and keep posting about him.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Usually most Free Agents are signed before the draft. Would expect us to sign / trade for a Vet before the draft.
Why we have Foles and Bray....what more could a team ask for*

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Anyone who isn't a muppet knows what will happen.

They are going to draft a QB high. More than likely via trade up.

It's the only scenario that saves both nagy and pace's job. There are no other solutions in FA. Watson won't come here. Anything else is just going from bad to bad. Minshew will make us 7-9 and guarantee nagy/pace are gone. At that point you might as well start foles.

Its going to be lance. Via trade up to 11. That will buy nagy/pace another couple years if the rookie looks impressive even if the team is mediocre.
I disagree..if they trade up to get Lance, they will both be fired after their 3rd non winning season......In a row.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:

1. Hysterical laughter
2. Puking
No top QB becomes available in FA or through a trade unless they're over the hill or they have a proven good young QB to take his place every single year. Minshew is a clear upgrade. The draft is a crapshoot when it comes to QBs and if you think trading up for a 1 year starter like Lance is going to save his job his Rookie season you're wrong they are both still getting fired.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They were doing a fine job at losing with minshew......and once they didn't need to lose; Mike Glennon still started

You hate mitch because he sucks

Yet you advocate for a guy who is almost exactly the same

Trade for someone who has elite potential not a 6t round clone shorter version of Trubisky or trade up to around 10 and grab one of the 4 in the draft if they fall

Who is this elite potential QB you want to trade for?

The difference between Mitch and Minshew is that Minshew costs 500k and Mitch will cost way more than that.

They need someone to start games in 2021.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

1. Hysterical laughter
2. Puking

No one said he is a top QB.

He is a desperation option because we do not have a good option at QB.

Yet, you think somehow we should just be able to land an elite prospect or an above average starter. I am not sure where you see that coming from?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yet, you think somehow we should just be able to land an elite prospect or an above average starter. I am not sure where you see that coming from?
You're arguing with a potato

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
QB is the move valuable position in sports why would any team let a top QB become a FA or trade them. Yes there are rumors with Watson but that's an historically rare cirsumstance and at this point the Texans are down with the Lions with one of the worst franchises if that happens.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I'd like to see this combo of Hurts / Taylor going forward. Allows us to keep most of our draft picks to get a OL in the 1st round.
As a self-proclaimed representative of the Philadelphia Eagles:

giphy.gif

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd like to see this combo of Hurts / Taylor going forward. Allows us to keep most of our draft picks to get a OL in the 1st round.
Taylor who?

greg23

Liked Posts:

Watson......if he forces his way out, we.dont have enough to offer....however

Tua/Darnold......in a 3 team trade with Houston and jets/mia we could net one of these two (who have more intrigue upside and talent than minshew and become the young qb over a draft pick)

Stafford....unlikely det moves him to a division rival

Carr...this is who I think pace would like to target but unless gruden gets another qb don't think he dumps carr (unless he's smitten with mariotta)

Hurts/Garappola .....neither are super intriguing to me, but offer either an unknown upside 2nd year cheap contract or a decent bridge to a future rookie

Minshew is garbage: especially for a draft pick......might as well get winston/mitch/fitz/Marriota for nothing other than money.....

Last edited: