Trade for Foles ???

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seriously this. I admit I thought you were one of these ABC retards running around M<ick but you arent. People why should we settle for less or the same value anymore? Clearly Chicago doesnt put up with it for a long time anyways so lets actually go for a franchise QB , not a retread of something we already had

Hell no I'm not going to spend all this time arguing about needing a franchise QB just to bring in someone else who I don't think is that. What's the point? Anyone with a completely rigid and absolutist mindset like ABC is either trolling or not thinking things through.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why? I said no to Foles. I figured the OP was asking about giving a draft pick for Foles. There's no trade with Cutler for Foles obviously. What does this have to do with Cutler's contract?

Agreed about the trade. Simple thread drift-nothing to get uptight about. You said no to Foles (which I agree) but then I asked the harmless question. That is all.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We have a Fales do we need a Foles?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
no...I rather see us draft our own and stop taking other teams garbage ( see j cutler)

jay cutler has been far from garbage....

Shane Mathews was garbage
Chad Hutchinson was garbage
Cade Mcnown was garbage
I could go on and on the fuckin list is endless but cutler hasn't been garbage so give it a fuckin rest already

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Foles would be an upgrade over Cutler.

That being said I would rather draft someone.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No, he wouldn't. And that is not in defense of cutler

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
jay cutler has been far from garbage....

Shane Mathews was garbage
Chad Hutchinson was garbage
Cade Mcnown was garbage
I could go on and on the fuckin list is endless but cutler hasn't been garbage so give it a fuckin rest already

I wonder what their w-l looked liked vs jay

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hutch posted a 0 qb rating before it was cool

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hell no I'm not going to spend all this time arguing about needing a franchise QB just to bring in someone else who I don't think is that. What's the point? Anyone with a completely rigid and absolutist mindset like ABC is either trolling or not thinking things through.

Point taken.
I don't think the bears have a snowballs chance in hell of getting him, but I would be pleased as hell if they did.
I don't agree that he is not a franchise qb.
From what I saw out of Foles, I fully expect him to be way above Stafford, dalton and Eli (regular season eli), Better than flacco (regular season flacco) and better than Ryan.

If Foles doesn't put up 30-32+ tds next year, 4000 yards, and 15-16 ints at the absolute maximum next year, I will be surprised and be fully prepared to eat crow in regards to him.
As a matter of fact, I am willing to go so far as to say that although Foles will not be as prolific as Andrew Luck, he will certainly be very close if not even better than luck on a per attempt basis... YPA, Comp. %, td and int%, and rating.

Foles is a going to be a decade+ franchise guy. Likely never top 4, but certainly a common enough pro bowl guy.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Point taken.
I don't think the bears have a snowballs chance in hell of getting him, but I would be pleased as hell if they did.
I don't agree that he is not a franchise qb.
From what I saw out of Foles, I fully expect him to be way above Stafford, dalton and Eli (regular season eli), Better than flacco (regular season flacco) and better than Ryan.

If Foles doesn't put up 30-32+ tds next year, 4000 yards, and 15-16 ints at the absolute maximum next year, I will be surprised and be fully prepared to eat crow in regards to him.
As a matter of fact, I am willing to go so far as to say that although Foles will not be as prolific as Andrew Luck, he will certainly be very close if not even better than luck on a per attempt basis... YPA, Comp. %, td and int%, and rating.

Foles is a going to be a decade+ franchise guy. Likely never top 4, but certainly a common enough pro bowl guy.

I've never seen Foles as being likely to be better than Flacco, Ryan and the QBs you mention, but if you're right of course I'd like to have that. He was great in 2013 (kinda like Josh McCown in 2013 sustained over the whole season), but seemed to come back down to earth this season.

If he's as good as you say, why wouldn't Philly consider him as their franchise QB?

Liked Posts:
Cutler out
Foles in

................... what you think?

I'd do it in a heartbeat. No if, ands or buts from me. Won't happen though. Though I do think there will be a better market for Cutler in terms of pick compensation than some may think once the draft does arrive. I don't believe the Bears have any real chance at getting a first, but I don't believe that the Bears will be pinned any potential offers as low as a fifth round pick or later.

I could see a team like St.Louis or Tennessee trading a second round pick for Cutler, or maybe third & the fifth round pick the Bears currently lack. The Bears are just nowhere near being the type of team a franchise needs to be in order to be able to succeed with Cutler under center, & IMO they won't be for at least a couple of years. To me trading Cutler to a team like the Rams just makes a lot of sense, or could make a ton of sense depending on how things go. I believe the Rams are exactly the type of team needed across their 53 man roster that a franchise needs to be with a QB under center like Cutler. They have a strong running game, a conservative offensive approach, & a very strong defense that can not only score & get stops, but also overcome a solid portion of mistakes via the turnover.

If things do go as currently projected, once Hundley is off the board that's it for QB's, & IMO the first team in need of a QB in the draft that misses out on Winston or Mariotta is probably going to give very strong consideration to drafting Brett Hundley. There are more than just three teams in dire need of a QB this year, & as usual FA doesn't have squat for QB's. Myself I'd like to see the Bears hit on a potential offer something along the lines of a second & the fifth they lack, then turn around & draft Hundley.

I would take Foles in a heart beat over the Bears current QB, & especially Garroppollo in trade, who I believe is going to be a very good young QB when he gets his chance.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Foles isn't available, so I'm assuming this is a trade proposal.

What you think of Foles is one thing, but you also have to look at who's the decision maker in Philly and what he's looking for. It's all Chip Kelly and he's looking for a QB that can:

1-doesn't turn the ball over
2-make quick decisions with the ball
3-has a lot of accuracy with his throws
4-is a college 'raw-raw' personality that completely buys in to the offence completely
5 (optional) - can be a running threat in a spread/read option

If I'm right with my short list Cutler is the anti-Chip type of guy.

Hell, even the Anti-Christ would take a back seat to Jay on this one.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So if Foles fails...then we turn to Fales?

Or are we bringing Joshie Mac back?

JoSeCuERvO

CBMB Crossover
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando City SC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
So, what if Chip Kelly really does trade the farm for Mariota and the bears cut ties with Cutler do you think Philly would be forced/pressured to trade back into the draft where they would be willing to get rid of Foles for a 4th/5th to do it?