I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm on board with that, too. But at this point Jay is a retread, at least for the Bears. I think the consensus is that Jay isn't the future. But for cap reasons I think it would be nice to be out of the contract. But I don't think they can get anything for him so, fine, start him until they find the replacement. But next year I don't think it matters and whomever is at QB in 15 won't likely be the QB in 16.

not sure how you can say that with certainty....so lets say jay is the QB in '15 and he has a pro bowl year...he is gone in '16? doubt it

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Foles sucks. I'd rather wait and draft the right QB than just take anyone who isn't Cutler.

Foles lol. FFS.

He is not going to be great, but sucks is WAAAY overboard.

they were 6-2 with him, and he had 1 really bad game and 2 questionable games against San Fran (bad) new York and the Cardinals.
San fran was best in the league at picking off opponents, both total and percentage of passes. Both New York and Arizona were top 10 in pick percentage as well.

He is going to wind up being right between his 2013 and 2014 performances. Which is pretty damn solid. I think you are as far off on this assessment as you were on Kap. :)

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
not sure how you can say that with certainty....so lets say jay is the QB in '15 and he has a pro bowl year...he is gone in '16? doubt it

This crap getting beyond borderline comical.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The is no reason to just get out of the contract. With the Bears having $30M, at least, in cap space and with no one other than AJ in need of and/or worthy of an extension and the desire to get younger and build through the draft, they have all the cap room they need for free agency. If the Bears got some silly offer, like a 1st and 3rd or better, then you certainly consider it, but ridding yourself of him just to have unused cap space is of no value...unless you are a MCCaskey.

.... that is unless they want suh...

Not that I advocate that. Would love to have him here but his cost is going to be crazy.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This crap getting beyond borderline comical.

yeah I forgot that something that has happened before could never happen again right?? :shrug:
it was a hypothetical discussion anyways

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like Foles so sure. But the equally big thing would be if they can get rid of Cutler and move ahead. I am just sick of the damn drama.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Foles isn't available, so I'm assuming this is a trade proposal.

What you think of Foles is one thing, but you also have to look at who's the decision maker in Philly and what he's looking for. It's all Chip Kelly and he's looking for a QB that can:

1-doesn't turn the ball over
2-make quick decisions with the ball
3-has a lot of accuracy with his throws
4-is a college 'raw-raw' personality that completely buys in to the offence completely
5 (optional) - can be a running threat in a spread/read option

If I'm right with my short list Cutler is the anti-Chip type of guy.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
The is no reason to just get out of the contract. With the Bears having $30M, at least, in cap space and with no one other than AJ in need of and/or worthy of an extension and the desire to get younger and build through the draft, they have all the cap room they need for free agency. If the Bears got some silly offer, like a 1st and 3rd or better, then you certainly consider it, but ridding yourself of him just to have unused cap space is of no value...unless you are a MCCaskey.

Finally, people are getting it. Build the team up this year, draft a qb next year when there will be several more to choose from worth a damn.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So even if the opportunity to get out of Cutler's contract arises you keep him?

Why? I said no to Foles. I figured the OP was asking about giving a draft pick for Foles. There's no trade with Cutler for Foles obviously. What does this have to do with Cutler's contract?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is not going to be great, but sucks is WAAAY overboard.

they were 6-2 with him, and he had 1 really bad game and 2 questionable games against San Fran (bad) new York and the Cardinals.
San fran was best in the league at picking off opponents, both total and percentage of passes. Both New York and Arizona were top 10 in pick percentage as well.

He is going to wind up being right between his 2013 and 2014 performances. Which is pretty damn solid. I think you are as far off on this assessment as you were on Kap. :)

I want a legitimate franchise QB. Foles isn't that. It's going to have to come through the draft.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
yeah I forgot that something that has happened before could never happen again right?? :shrug:
it was a hypothetical discussion anyways

It hasn't happened before. Yeah he was voted to the PB as an alternate, but he didn't have a normal "pro bowl year" performance wise (ie, one of the best 6 in the league that year).

Look at his 2008 season compared to that of Rivers, who he beat out. It's bizarre that he went. It was because he put up a lot of yardage because they threw well over 600 times and showcased the big arm which wowed people into voting for him.

This was back when Shanahan was boasting about his arm being bigger than Elways and before everyone figured out how deep his flaws were. It was a Matt Stafford type season. Stafford has been more consistently potent, as opposed to just putting up big numbers once, but neither are top 6 QBs or anything close.

Regardless, 25 TDs, 18 ints, an 86.0 passer rating and 8 wins (his 2008 "pro bowl" season) isn't getting Cutler to the PB in 2015.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I want a legitimate franchise QB. Foles isn't that. It's going to have to come through the draft.

Seriously this. I admit I thought you were one of these ABC retards running around M<ick but you arent. People why should we settle for less or the same value anymore? Clearly Chicago doesnt put up with it for a long time anyways so lets actually go for a franchise QB , not a retread of something we already had

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Seriously this. I admit I thought you were one of these ABC retards running around M<ick but you arent. People why should we settle for less or the same value anymore? Clearly Chicago doesnt put up with it for a long time anyways so lets actually go for a franchise QB , not a retread of something we already had

Mick's awesome.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
would take Foles or Sanchize at this point. VOTE YES !

L9TCIuqT2KNP3xideAeQ_efren_ramirez_and_pedro_in_napoleon_dynamite%20(1).jpg