onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Have you ever seen Matt Stafford or Kirk Cousin's records against winning teams? Are they bum slayers too?
Maybe Cousin's wanted Trubisky to go full bumslayer last year in week 17.

Because he sure was slicing and dicing that top 10 defense of the Vikings.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe Cousin's wanted Trubisky to go full bumslayer last year in week 17.

Because he sure was slicing and dicing that top 10 defense of the Vikings.

Last year was fun. I wish we could go back.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Pace is way to scared of looking like they are giving up on a dead season to do the right things and bring some picks back for next offseason.

This is infuriating. There can't be a beat reporter, fan or causal NFL observer that doesn't know the Bears are done this year.

I would be open to moving on three or four guys right now and seeing what we have behind them, particularly...

1) Prince Amukamara (dead money $1m, cap saving $8.5m)- take a look at Tolliver, Denmark and see what we have there. I would also like to see what Shelley can do at NB.
2) Danny Trevathan (dead money $1.25m, cap saving $6.4m) - can we stitch together a replacement for Trevathan from guys on the roster (Kwiatkowski solid play vs run, inability to cover, Iggy's physical tools, lack of instinct). Or is there a developmental player available that we can take a look at. Nothing against Danny who's been great.
3) HaHa Clinton-Dix (dead money $0.5m, cap saving $2.75m) - if someone was willing to give something decent up for him.

I know I got some shit for this last week, but I'd also be open to trading Gabriel or Miller.

What kills us are the long term deals we gave to Leno and Massie. I was absolutely fine about the Leno deal at the time but his play this year is a big problem. Massie I was sceptical about at the time and his play on Sunday was absolutely atrocious, my God. I think we may have to use the 2nd rounder we don't leverage into a QB on a tackle.

@WindyCity - can we get out of these deals? I thought we had team options built in to the Massie deal but don't fully understand how they work? If they continue to stink out the joint, do you have to be ready to cut one or both of them in pre-season?

Last edited:

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last year was fun. I wish we could go back.

Go forward instead. Stop with all the negativity. Trubisky had 3 bad throws and numerous good ones yesterday, a couple spectacular. If it wasn't for the red zone play calling its a blow out.

Jump back on before it's too late. I like it so much more when you post positive.

Last edited:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I think IF the Bears decide to trade for anything before the deadline...it should be for a TE.

Now that Burton has seemed to call it a career

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I think IF the Bears decide to trade for anything before the deadline...it should be for a TE.

I'd be down with this. Didn't the Bucs lose again on the weekend after sitting OJ Howard?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pace is way to scared of looking like they are giving up on a dead season to do the right things and bring some picks back for next offseason.

So do you think it would be a good thing to send a message to the rest of the team that you're giving up on the season by trading away any starters when we're still 3-4 and aren't out of the playoff race yet? It is something that most teams have always stayed away from doing if you're not out of the playoff race and still do have a very good defense and plenty of offensive weapons because it very well could mess with a locker room. Maybe you're just looking for another way to take another shot at R.Pace which you've spent the day doing. Just asking.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'd be down with this. Didn't the Bucs lose again on the weekend?
Yep...I'd be fine with OJ Howard and for a 7th rounder & a case of whiskey for Arians.

Or did we use all of our 7th rounders on kickers?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He had 163 yards 0 tds passing that game hahaha.

Man, could the bar be set any lower in Chicago at the QB position.
That was one game he should/could've choked.
That pass to Gabriel was a thing of beauty.

He handed the ball off most of the 2nd half.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Oh good this is a trade thread. For a page and a half there i thought i clicked into the many negative fucks threads again...LOL

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
So do you think it would be a good thing to send a message to the rest of the team that you're giving up on the season by trading away any starters when we're still 3-4 and aren't out of the playoff race yet? It is something that most teams have always stayed away from doing if you're not out of the playoff race and still do have a very good defense and plenty of offensive weapons because it very well could mess with a locker room. Maybe you're just looking for another way to take another shot at R.Pace which you've spent the day doing. Just asking.

It sounds like they are not planning on making any moves.

While Pace did get the QB evaluation horribly wrong, he at least showed clarity of vision and 100% commitment to that vision. I would argue that by standing pat here, he is reducing his margin of error considerably in the off season. It doesn't bode well for me that he is going to be able to walk away from Mitch in the offseason. I am super worried he gets a Bortles extension.

Back on topic, at the very least, get rid of Prince and see what you have behind him so you can properly evaluate the position. If we don't see Tolliver, Denmark, Shelley in games then you almost have to use a pick you don't have on another body in the draft. Whereas if you get a 5th for Prince and Tolliver sucks, you can use the pick, and if he holds up you can maybe kick the can down the road for another year.

It's a shame there isn't an easy cut to shake up the team. Imagine if Massie for example hadn't been re-upped and you could cut him right now and play Lucas all year.

We're not going anywhere this season. I would blow it up and trade any of Prince, Gabriel, Trevathan, HHCD, subject to interest.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Yep...I'd be fine with OJ Howard and for a 7th rounder & a case of whiskey for Arians.

Or did we use all of our 7th rounders on kickers?

They are looking for a "substantial offer".

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Man, could the bar be set any lower in Chicago at the QB position.
I keep asking this every single week. Meanwhile the bar is set so extremely high for the defense regardless of circumstances. They can never live it to it no matter how good they are. None of it makes sense to me.

Players and units should be compared to their modern day peers of quality. I'm tired of hearing about how he's better than whatever garbage QB played for the Bears 20 years ago.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope they got the QB’s mixed up, and it’s Mullens instead of Beathard.

It's a pace qb move, though. Half expecting him to give the Raiders their 2nd back for the giraffe.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I hope they got the QB’s mixed up, and it’s Mullens instead of Beathard.
Allbright said he wasn't sure if it was about Gabriel so I'm assuming it doesn't hold much weight. Allbright seems to be in the loop and the first to report alot of deals especially regarding teams in the west. I bet it's not true, but figured I would post it anyways since it was being discussed.