Trade targets at DE

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Kwity Page was drafted specifically for Eberflus's defense with the Colts he had six sacks last year but he's still on his rookie deal.

Carl Lawson may be a cap causality now he had 7 sacks.

Josh Allen had 7.5 sacks and is only 25 years old. Ranked 3 best against the run by PFF as a edge rusher.

Chase Young & Montez Sweat would be home runs.

Emmanuel Ogbah had 9 sacks in 2021 but had an injury in 2022 torn triceps.

Last edited:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kwity Page was drafted specifically for Eberflus's defense with the Colts he had six sacks last year but he's still on his rookie deal.

Carl Lawson may be a cap causality now he had 7 sacks.

Josh Allen had 7.5 sacks and is only 25 years old. Ranked 3 best against the run by PFF as a edge rusher.

Chase Young & Montez Sweat would be home runs.
Zedarius Smith just went for 2024 and 2025 5th round picks, would have looked nice at that price

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why would Colts or Jaguars trade Allen or paye?

Josh Allen was almost traded to the Chiefs before last year's trade deadline.

Kwity Page isn't likely to be traded unless the new system doesn't see him as a scheme fit since he was drafted for Eberflus not the current regime.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I am not overly invested in trading for players at this moment. We dont have the roster to trade players away to bring in someone competitive, and I do not like trading away draft picks at this point of the offseason. I really want the Bears to be a complete team and try for the playoffs, but I think that moving pieces to attempt to do so while this team is still building up from being torn down is not the smart investment.

This team should be looking at signing DEs to short term contracts that are easy to move on from, so that they can reinvest in the position with higher-value draft picks over the next two years (would anybody be opposed to drafting DE with both first round picks next year?). So I think that Poles should be looking for cap casualty cuts, not trades.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Unless the player(s) they'd be acquiring via trade are legitimate upgrades and potential longer term pieces, I'd prefer the free agent route instead to upgrade the line. It seems doubtful, barring a massive overpay, that they'll be able to find those types of players. I'd rather sign whoever they feel are the best two free agent DEs and sign them to a 1 year deal. If you have to overpay there, who cares, it's one year.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Unless the player(s) they'd be acquiring via trade are legitimate upgrades and potential longer term pieces, I'd prefer the free agent route instead to upgrade the line. It seems doubtful, barring a massive overpay, that they'll be able to find those types of players. I'd rather sign whoever they feel are the best two free agent DEs and sign them to a 1 year deal. If you have to overpay there, who cares, it's one year.

Agree 100 percent, Josh Allen is going to command a big contract and he's not elite enough to warrant that. This thread is a response to Ryan Poles on the Score that said he's open to exploring a trade at DE. I'm not sure who he is targeting.