1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Stalberg is a sure thing IMO

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure Bets (8): Dave Bolland, Troy Brouwer, Marian Hossa, Patrick Kane, Tomas Kopecky, Patrick Sharp, Viktor Stalberg, Jonathan Toews

The Next Wave (5): Bryan Bickell, Jake Dowell, Fernando Pisani, Ryan Potulny, Jack Skille

Dark Horses (3): Kyle Beach, Jeremy Morin, Igor Makarov

I could see Makarov making the team before Beach and Morin. Also I feel that he could beat out guys like Bickell, Dowell, and Skille. They talked about Makarov being in Rockford to put up numbers, but the KHL is pretty much the 2nd NHL, so he has some experience with some good players, thats why I am not doubting him to be on the Hawks

stormbolter73

Liked Posts:
^^^ I'm with ya again on this. The KHL is a strange bird though. THe top end talent is NHL elite level talent in a lot of repects but the bottom end may not even get a crack in the ECHL. Teams are very mismatched as well. THe haves and the have nots are crazy far apart. If he doesn't crack the Hawks, the AHL will at least provide a consistant level of play to get acclimated to.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
^^^ I'm with ya again on this. The KHL is a strange bird though. THe top end talent is NHL elite level talent in a lot of repects but the bottom end may not even get a crack in the ECHL. Teams are very mismatched as well. THe haves and the have nots are crazy far apart. If he doesn't crack the Hawks, the AHL will at least provide a consistant level of play to get acclimated to.

Not much to disagree with the posts in the thread and good thoughts abound. Morin, I think, is more than a dark horse...he's what I'd seriously call a long shot.

What I put in bold is debatable though, and I disagree. If the KHL elite was truly NHL adequate, I don't think we'd see as many young Russian studs make the trip across the pond. Even though, I know, seniority determines ice time in the KHL, the NHL is still leaps and bounds ahead, especially when it comes to elite talent.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure Bets (8): Dave Bolland, Troy Brouwer, Marian Hossa, Patrick Kane, Tomas Kopecky, Patrick Sharp, Viktor Stalberg, Jonathan Toews

The Next Wave (5): Bryan Bickell, Jake Dowell, Fernando Pisani, Ryan Potulny, Jack Skille

Dark Horses (3): Kyle Beach, Jeremy Morin, Igor Makarov

I could see Makarov making the team before Beach and Morin. Also I feel that he could beat out guys like Bickell, Dowell, and Skille. They talked about Makarov being in Rockford to put up numbers, but the KHL is pretty much the 2nd NHL, so he has some experience with some good players, thats why I am not doubting him to be on the Hawks

I think Makarov said it's here or back to Russia.

Last edited:

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Makarov said it's here or back to Russia.

I kinda figured that, he pulled that crap 2 years ago. He was in the Red & White event in Rockford, was really skilled player didn't make the team so he went back to Russia, I see him doing the same.

stormbolter73

Liked Posts:
THat post is more about the inequity in the talent distribution in the KHL, making it an inferior league to the NHL for sure and in all likelyhood, the AHL. I fully acknowledge that the Top talent in the KHL is old as dirt, they were once great but now are playing out their Chris Chelios years at home for bigger bucks than an NHL team would throw at them. ALso, the number of young Russian studs has been dropping greatly since the inception of the KHL. The number of American's drafted in the NHL has gone up while the number of Russian players has dropped. This is probably due to a number of factors, including the KHL throwing money at players, Russians returning home or never making the jump to the NHL, the development of American hockey as a cohesive program, ect.

I believe that I at some point I said I would be shocked if I ever saw Makarov wear the Indianhead in a regular season game. I may be eating my words on that, and hopefully that is good for all of us.