Tremaine Edmunds; 6-5 253lb, 4.54 speed.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Personally I say swing for the fences.

Wasn't a huge football fan when Urlacher was in the draft but I'm pretty sure I've seen some old scouting reports before that questioned his instincts coming out of the draft.

All comes down to how hard the guy wants to work and if they think he has the ability to learn it in the first place.

If he was far and away the highest ceiling player available to us at #8, I'd agree. But there will be a couple other guys there with just as high a ceiling or really close to it, but with much less risk as well.

It just doesn't makes sense...

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
If we go ILB I really hope it's Smith over Edmonds

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If we go ILB I really hope it's Smith over Edmonds

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Roquan is what, 6”1? I’d be more worried about drafting a 6”1 ILB in the top 10 than I would drafting a younger and rawer one.

Edit: Patrick Willis was 6”1. Never mind lol

Enasic

Liked Posts:
People are really starting to go through Edmunds’ tape and are knocking him hard. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Roquan Smith was drafted ahead of him.

Yes, if the great mike brez has concerns than by all means stay away from the kid.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
He's not even close to the only one that sees serious concerns with this kid...

I know just had to do it.

The dude has concerns. For sure.

For sure.

But so does everyone else besides Nelson, really. I think out of all the prospects projected in that range, this is the guy who can have the biggest impact on your team if he pans out. Even if Nelson pans out, which he should, he would not have the same type of impact as Edmunds, Ward, Landry etc (if they panned out). Of course, "if" being the key word here.

But out of guys like Ward, Landry, Fitzpatrick, James.....they all have risks there. Fitzpatrick is probably the most "safe" pick of the bunch, and I would be ecstatic if the Bears ended up with him. My point is, you really have to analyze these guys strengths and weaknesses because they all for the most part are projects, sans Nelson. It's up to the scouts to determine if Edmunds could overcome his weaknesses and where he projects if he does, and where he projects if he doesn't improve much in his reads.

I will say that if Edmunds isn't the pick, I'm hoping for Fitzpatrick/Landry/Ward in that order.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I saw the video and that has nothing to do with instincts. Nor does it sum up the type of player he is. You are going to find him out of position sometimes, that's what happens in college...its just a broken defensive play 100% on edmonds... hes lost the rb and it was a td...

He is going to be a full time football player in the nfl...That type of shit can be coached out in a few practices at the pro level... especially when football is his full time job...

Doesn't worry me a bit... he can do it all

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Roquan Smith and Trevathan would be a nice combo.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
People are really starting to go through Edmunds’ tape and are knocking him hard. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Roquan Smith was drafted ahead of him.

To be fair, he got a lot better as the season went on. Obviously, both teams 4-0, this was the 5th game of the season. He was much better going forward. And this is just 1 play. 1 very bad play.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Also, Roquan is most certainly a better player than Edmunds right now. That's pretty much indisputable. Rashaan Evans is a better player now too. Evans is a high floor ILB, who can do everything. Stop the run, good instincts, good blitzer, can cover a little. Smith is the new prototype ILB. Fast, instinctive, downhill player who can also cover in the flat or run with TEs. Good upside. But if you draft Edmunds over either, you're drafting him for his immense ceiling. 6'5", 250+. Runs nearly as well as Smith. Can blitz. Will have trouble initially with teams running right at him, but you can't run laterally with him in the middle. He has the ability to destroy outside zone at the NFL level. But the thing Edmunds can do right now is cover. Obviously, he needs to remember his assignments unlike that play above, but he's a really good LB in coverage right now. That's why I'm not sure he's as big a boom/bust type as he's made out to be.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Also, Roquan is most certainly a better player than Edmunds right now. That's pretty much indisputable. Rashaan Evans is a better player now too. Evans is a high floor ILB, who can do everything. Stop the run, good instincts, good blitzer, can cover a little. Smith is the new prototype ILB. Fast, instinctive, downhill player who can also cover in the flat or run with TEs. Good upside. But if you draft Edmunds over either, you're drafting him for his immense ceiling. 6'5", 250+. Runs nearly as well as Smith. Can blitz. Will have trouble initially with teams running right at him, but you can't run laterally with him in the middle. He has the ability to destroy outside zone at the NFL level. But the thing Edmunds can do right now is cover. Obviously, he needs to remember his assignments unlike that play above, but he's a really good LB in coverage right now. That's why I'm not sure he's as big a boom/bust type as he's made out to be.

He has the most fixable flaws of any prospect that plays ILB

Your post pretty much nails everything...

The future of the bears isn't 2018.... its 2019 2020 and 2021 when he hits his stride and then his prime

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

If I was drafting for ILB, that's what I'd do.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He has the most fixable flaws of any prospect that plays ILB

Your post pretty much nails everything...

The future of the bears isn't 2018.... its 2019 2020 and 2021 when he hits his stride and then his prime

I like Davenport over Edmunds because he’s just as big of a freak at a more premium position and plays with a physicality I don’t see from Edmunds. I question Edmunds football instincts at ILB and his physicality. Doesn’t seem to dissect plays like I want to see out of the QB of my defense and rarely squares guys up which is strange for how big he is.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Way back when I got onboard the Davenport train but then I got off at a coupla stops flip floppin BUT now I'm back on until the enda the line

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
giphy-downsized-large.gif

We got em.