Trestman put on notice as Ravens OC

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Per Yahoo sports:

"When Trestman took over in 2015, he repeatedly stated that he planned to continue to utilize a similar offensive style to Kubiak which helped to somewhat assuage the fears of the Baltimore faithful. Unfortunately, he has yet to full fill that promise.

The Ravens running game was below par in 2015, and outside of a big performance by Terrance West against Oakland, it has largely been a no show this season as well. The passing game seems to be the only strength of the offense, but schizophrenic playcalling and erratic play from Flacco has led to an up and down start to the season.

Trestman is a somewhat easy target due to his disastrous tenure in Chicago and a rough first season with the Ravens, but at this point, the criticisms are looking more and more valid. His willingness to ditch the running game early is frustrating, his 3rd and 4th down play calling can be maddening, and his dink and dunk style of passing has drawn comparisons between him and former Ravens coordinator Cam Cameron. That is a name you'd like to avoid hearing in connection with yourself if you're a Ravens play caller."

Why do this sound familiar?

Why is it easier to pile on Cutler than acknowledge the failings of Bears managememt? It is the money? If so, does anyone think the Bears managenent consider it well spent because it puts the unus on Jay instead of management where it belongs? Another question, if Gase was still here, would Jay be worth the money then?

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler is half of the problem. Cutler is the consistent issue from coordinator to coordinator, at this point he is so shell shocked he just locks on to one receiver, if that receiver is not open he takes a sack and or fumbles the football, and or throws an interception.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Cutler is half of the problem. Cutler is the consistent issue from coordinator to coordinator, at this point he is so shell shocked he just locks on to one receiver, if that receiver is not open he takes a sack and or fumbles the football, and or throws an interception.

Why is Cutler shell-shocked? Cutler wasn't shell-shocked under Gase. I tend to lean 60% management 40% Cutler. Management is the reason for bad drafts, bad hiring and the merry go round of coaches. To those who blame Cutler for the coaches getting fire, what coach should have been kept over Cutler?

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
What pieces do the Ravens have on O besides an ancient Steve Smith and Flacco who is just "there" ? Curious

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why is Cutler shell-shocked? Cutler wasn't shell-shocked under Gase. I tend to lean 60% management 40% Cutler. Management is the reason for bad drafts, bad hiring and the merry go round of coaches. To those who blame Cutler for the coaches getting fire, what coach should have been kept over Cutler?

I agree that Cutler has been given the short end of the stick for a good part of his career with all the different OC's he has had.

At some point though all this shit is just excuses. The one common theme is Cutler.

I do agree management flubbed it on more than a few occasion though.

They are in rebuilding mode which is nice, the only problem is they need to rebuild the top brass, before the team.

I get the feeling that all this franchise is good for, without major change, is being mediocre at best.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
The day the Ravens hired Trestman, I emailed a Ravens beat reporter and said "hahahahah, you're fucked!" He never wrote back. I might have to hit him again after Tressy gets canned.

Liked Posts:
I bet the offense would perform better in Baltimore if he took his unit out for ice cream once in a while. Also, lay off the recycling.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
lol cutler isnt shell shocked, thats just what shitty QBs do.

He was being sarcastic.

People so happy Cutler has failed they can't see obvious sarcasm anymore?

mecha

Liked Posts:
well, does this effectively mean that he's been figured out in year 2 again?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
well, does this effectively mean that he's been figured out in year 2 again?

I think it means he is a shit coach that only one QB has worked well with since his return to the nfl.