Trevathan to Chicago?

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
If the Broncos don't retain him, I think it's between the Bears and Raiders for Danny Trevathan. The only thing that keeps gnawing at me though is; last year we were all ready to pencil in Rahim Moore, Nate Irving, Terence Knighton as Bears and none of them even got a worthy sniff at Halas. Granted that could've just been indicative of Fox's personal opinions on those particular players, but it still nags at me that none were even really looked at and it scares me to think we put too much stock in familiarity–for either side.

Yeah that scares me a bit as well. I really want Trevathan in chicago next year, but I really hope Pace doesn't go overboard with signing players that played for Fox before as our blueprint to this. We went down that road when Martz was hired as OC, traded Olsen, still hate that move, and signed a washed up, finished TE because thats who Martz wanted. I'm not saying that Fox and the staff shouldn't have input into who we sign, but don't go overboard into it. A guy like Trevathan would be an easy decision, and we should continue to sign guys along his template, young, talented, and ready to come to chicago.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
Most of the time a player like Trevathan never hits the market but like a few stated Broncos might not have a option.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yeah the Broncos have quite a number of decisions to make, especially at QB. Osweiler almost has to be re-signed regardless of what Manning decides to do.I'm thinking that will take up a big part of their opening salvo into free agency, leaving us a chance to slide in and grab Trevathan.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
Couldn't Denver just match it as well. The Bears will do the work for Denver. Plus weed is legal in Denver. No way Miller is leaving there.

Besides re-signing Osweiler, I think most of the Bronco focus will be on Miller getting re-signed. They'll have a lot of teams trying to sign Miller, and he is the heart of what that defense does, they cannot afford to let him get away, that will leave guys like Trevathan there for some team to swoop in quickly and grab out from under them.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
Besides re-signing Osweiler, I think most of the Bronco focus will be on Miller getting re-signed. They'll have a lot of teams trying to sign Miller, and he is the heart of what that defense does, they cannot afford to let him get away, that will leave guys like Trevathan there for some team to swoop in quickly and grab out from under them.

I'm guessing no one read the article where Elway said flat out that re-signing Trevathon a very high priority?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Elway could really push to resign that core group of guys...If elway is willing to dump manning, ware, talib, colquitt and extend clady he can add 43 mill in space to give the broncos 55mil in space. 5 mill for rookie draft, 15mill to miller for tag leaves 35 mill to resign osweiler, jackson, trevathan...It all depends how much osweiler agrees to...

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I just cant see the Broncos resigning Miller, Jackson, Trevathan and Osweiler. Besides Miller I would think Osweiler has to be the biggest priority. You only have so much time with that defense and having a quality QB to direct that offense is a big must.

IMO either Trevathan or Jackson will hit the open market and whomever does I think will be a massive priority. If Jackson hits FA and signs with Chicago somehow then I would pray Jacks or Smith were there at 11.