Trey Hendrickson wants a trade

Dhipur

Liked Posts:

He is a rockstar and, would along with Sweat, form one of the best pass rushing duos in NFL. Bears could offer a swap of #9 to #18 (valued at #45 according to draft value charts) and a 2025 2nd rounder.. Bears can find a way to take the salary hit by reworking a deal.

Bears then don't need to take a pass rusher in the 1st round and go all offense.

I am now ready for a little debate and the usual comments on me..

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

He is a rockstar and, would along with Sweat, form one of the best pass rushing duos in NFL. Bears could offer a swap of #9 to #18 (valued at #45 according to draft value charts) and a 2025 2nd rounder.. Bears can find a way to take the salary hit by reworking a deal.

Bears then don't need to take a pass rusher in the 1st round and go all offense.

That’s way too rich for me. I’d give them 75…after a couple heavy pours of bourbon maybe a 25 3rd on top of that

Dhipur

Liked Posts:
That’s way too rich for me. I’d give them 75…after a couple heavy pours of bourbon maybe a 25 3rd on top of that
Someone will offer them a better deal than that. He is one of the top DEs

ndgt10

Liked Posts:
"A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Cincinnati is not interested in trading Hendrickson."

EDITOR'S PICKS​

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
He is a beast of a pass rusher, but is also turning 30 next season and looking for another comtract. I would still be tempted to make an offer, becuase if there is any time we can afford him, it's while Caleb is on his rookie contract.

But, I'm still keeping the dream alive for MHJ right now. If the board falls terribly for us. I'd consider the pick swap idea. But if MHJ, Joe Alt, or Nabers is on the board I'm taking one of them. If the Bears really like one of the pass rushers above the rest and they are on the board you go for the young guy. But after that, it could be a consideration.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Someone will offer them a better deal than that. He is one of the top DEs

Debatable.

1. How many teams can afford to absorb his contract?

2. Tez, who is younger, got a 2nd mid season. Odds a team gives up a 2nd now for him before the draft is low. 2 3rds for a guy who wants out and is 30, is pretty good value…especially when you consider the first point.

3. Bengals aren’t trading him

Dhipur

Liked Posts:
He is a beast of a pass rusher, but is also turning 30 next season and looking for another comtract. I would still be tempted to make an offer, becuase if there is any time we can afford him, it's while Caleb is on his rookie contract.

But, I'm still keeping the dream alive for MHJ right now. If the board falls terribly for us. I'd consider the pick swap idea. But if MHJ, Joe Alt, or Nabers is on the board I'm taking one of them. If the Bears really like one of the pass rushers above the rest and they are on the board you go for the young guy. But after that, it could be a consideration.
MHJ isn't falling to 9. Alt just maybe.. Nabers possibly

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I would avoid getting into another Mack contract.

We better start acting like the Bears and find the hidden diamonds in the draft and train up our own talent.
(Before someone craps on that try looking up the '85 team's draft positions. The defense was plenty of late drafts. Because, you know, that's what defensive teams are supposed to be able to do, anyone can draft all top talent and get top talent.)

Dhipur

Liked Posts:

We better start acting like the Bears and find the hidden diamonds in the draft and train up our own talent.
(Before someone craps on that try looking up the '85 team's draft positions. The defense was plenty of late drafts. Because, you know, that's what defensive teams are supposed to be able to do, anyone can draft all top talent and get top talent.)
We haven't been great at finding hidden diamonds.. might as well pick up proven talent..

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

He isn't getting traded.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

“Acting like the Bears”

I just have to ask…what do you mean?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Trade the first overall for Hendrickson. Draft Spencer Rattler at #9.

Minimum 37-peat.

Liked Posts:

But Mack was 27 or 28 when the Bears traded for him. Hendrickson is already 30 years old and I would bet he gets a deal closer to what Danielle Hunter recieved from the Texans.

In any manner I hope that the Bears just wait it out for now, adress the offense with the first 2 picks at least. Then look to swing a deal for someone before the deadline.

As for a mid round defensive gems I like Ruke Orhorhoro and Leonard Taylor lll. Alot of people are down on Taylor because of his lack of production in 2023. Taylor was one of the top up and coming 3 techniques in the nation throughout 2021 & 2022. Then Miami had the bright idea to beef him up and move him to the starting NT position where he played over 80% of his defensive snaps in 2023.

Taylor is NOT a 2 gap NT. I definitely believe that any team needing a 3TECH drafts Taylor and has him get his playing weight back to 290-295 where it belongs, then that team is going to get a mid round steal.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I doubt CIN is looking at actually trading him, but if they are he would be a fantastic get. He's under contract for 2 more years at really good #s for a team trading for him:

'24: $15M
'25: $16M

I'd do the trade in OP in a heartbeat but I think CIN hangs up the phone and then puts ketchup on a hotdog later that day.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Debatable.

1. How many teams can afford to absorb his contract?

2. Tez, who is younger, got a 2nd mid season. Odds a team gives up a 2nd now for him before the draft is low. 2 3rds for a guy who wants out and is 30, is pretty good value…especially when you consider the first point.

3. Bengals aren’t trading him

He only costs 15 and 16 million in 2024 and 2025 so a few teams can afford him.

Probably why he wants a trade because he will be 30 next year and knows if he wants to get 25-30m it has to happen now.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I doubt CIN is looking at actually trading him, but if they are he would be a fantastic get. He's under contract for 2 more years at really good #s for a team trading for him:

'24: $15M
'25: $16M

I'd do the trade in OP in a heartbeat but I think CIN hangs up the phone and then puts ketchup on a hotdog later that day.
Yes but the only reason he wants a trade is because he wants a raise. He's way underpaid compared to the going rate. He wants a new contract.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Yes but the only reason he wants a trade is because he wants a raise. He's way underpaid compared to the going rate. He wants a new contract.
Well he can pound sand, he's only 1 year into his current contract.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He’s 30 in December and wants to get paid one last time. If they do trade him, which is still doubtful, they probably won’t get as much as they hope they do

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
“Acting like the Bears”

I just have to ask…what do you mean?

Know defense enough that they can get lower round greats? I thought I made that pretty clear.

Dan Hampton pick #4
Richard Dent round 8 pick 203
Mike Singletary rnd 2 pick 38
Steve McMichael rnd 3 pick 73
William Perry pick #22
Otis Wilson pick #19
Wilbur Marshal #11
Mike Richardson rnd 2 pick 33
Leslie Frazier UDFA
Dave Duerson rnd 2 pick 64
Gary Fencik rnd 10 pick 281

There may be a healthy dose of talent rounds there but the low rounders were just as much stars as the talent rounds.

But Mack was 27 or 28 when the Bears traded for him. Hendrickson is already 30 years old and I would bet he gets a deal closer to what Danielle Hunter recieved from the Texans.

Yes but then you have people saying you can't get him for less than big money.
Unless the rules change back to allowing defense it's just not worth it to spend big money to have flags for us ignored or add flags against us.

In defense of Flus god awful soft zone prevent D for the whole game at least you can't get flags if you don't do anything.