Trey Lance breakdown

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I think Lance will be better if he can sit and get coached up for year but while I feel Fahey is being a bit harsh, he's not wrong overall. Trey's accuracy and ability to navigate a complex O are a concern. They all miss reads so finding examples like that are easy. The accuracy is a bit more concerning for a top pick and he did nothing on his pro day to dispel that. A question becomes, how much do you fix or just tweak? I think the Bears actually hurt Mitch by rebuilding him as much as they did and doing negative (anti mistake) coaching. Not that Mitch isn't at fault (twitchy, turtling) but you don't draft a guy to completely change his game or his approach to it.

I've made the Mitch compare but I don't see Lance doing the deer in headlights thing or becoming gun shy like Mitch did. If the 49ers take him, he'll sit for a year, get great, appropriate coaching and likely be successful. Feast or famine pick.

They're taking a QB. I see Fields and Jones as early starters and they are keeping Garoppolo this year. They could easily take Trey and give him the coaching he needs. It's too early a pick for him if you are just judging his game but Shanahan may see something that he feels he can correct in an appropriate manner and have his long term answer. The potential is there.
I like field's makeup, the kid is a competitor and a half.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
CIAN FAHEY is parroting the same b.s, stuff I've heard going back to Warren Moon( HOF'er) up to R. Wilson, Watson, Ljack etc

"Trey Lance is a Josh Allen calibre and style of prospect. His primary value comes in his athletic ability, he's got a huge arm and that's about it. He doesn't throw with accuracy to any level of the field and doesn't show off the kind of nuanced understanding of the position that you want to see from your starting quarterback. "

and of course........." Lance doesn't look like an NFL quarterback either. "

Never mind Lane had the mental acuity & accuracy to not thow a int. in a season

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So basically, he has the physical skills, but you are hoping and praying the accuracy snd mental aspects of his game can be developed. That the reason they weren’t displayed in college is because he didn’t need them, rather than he doesn’t have them.

In short, you draft Lance, you roll the dice and hope after a couple seasons he can put it all together, even though the great, great majority of these types of QBs flop. Good luck!

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
So basically, he has the physical skills, but you are hoping and praying the accuracy snd mental aspects of his game can be developed. That the reason they weren’t displayed in college is because he didn’t need them, rather than he doesn’t have them.

In short, you draft Lance, you roll the dice and hope after a couple seasons he can put it all together, even though the great, great majority of these types of QBs flop. Good luck!
i'm almost at peace w/ dalton now after reading the content of the last day on here and re remembering how many of these dudes, even the hot shots are going to bust out. Remember Kyle Boller throwing it through the uprights from his knees....dude did shit.

i'm at the point, regardless of how boring, get a good OT and a fast playmaker in here and get some dudes who can take their little Dalton throw to the house.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
CIAN FAHEY is parroting the same b.s, stuff I've heard going back to Warren Moon( HOF'er) up to R. Wilson, Watson, Ljack etc

"Trey Lance is a Josh Allen calibre and style of prospect. His primary value comes in his athletic ability, he's got a huge arm and that's about it. He doesn't throw with accuracy to any level of the field and doesn't show off the kind of nuanced understanding of the position that you want to see from your starting quarterback. "

and of course........." Lance doesn't look like an NFL quarterback either. "

Never mind Lane had the mental acuity & accuracy to not thow a int. in a season

This is an entirely baseless accusation of an author who regularly writes on and brings to light the discrimination that black QB’s still face to this day.

In fact, I shared an article which you thoroughly enjoyed highlighting the discrepancy in how analysts viewed Josh Allen the prospect compared to how they viewed Lamar Jackson the prospect.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is an entirely baseless accusation of an author who regularly writes on and brings to light the discrimination that black QB’s still face to this day.

In fact, I shared an article which you thoroughly enjoyed highlighting the discrepancy in how analysts viewed Josh Allen the prospect compared to how they viewed Lamar Jackson the prospect.

Run & Shoot wont let you criticize black QB's without an argument.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
i stopped watching highlight tapes and started watching full games.....I'm one game in on Lance and to my eyes Mitchell Trubisky is Dan Marino compared to this kid. He ran the ball THIRTY times in a game and passed less than 12....many of those passes were erratic. His running style is Ryan Matthews at best...he's a running back who passes...... to my eyes, granted this is just one game in but if I were a GM there is no way in hell this kid is a first rounder.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I keep telling people Trey Lance will be a bust.

honestly the most useful thing I got out of all of this is the work Buffalo did with Josh Allen. That explains to me why trubisky went there. I think he figured that the coaches in Buffalo fixed Josh Allen so maybe they can fix him too.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

But, but, but, it's a white guy. Good thing he isn't also a ho. Imagine how wrong she'd be.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i stopped watching highlight tapes and started watching full games.....I'm one game in on Lance and to my eyes Mitchell Trubisky is Dan Marino compared to this kid. He ran the ball THIRTY times in a game and passed less than 12....many of those passes were erratic. His running style is Ryan Matthews at best...he's a running back who passes...... to my eyes, granted this is just one game in but if I were a GM there is no way in hell this kid is a first rounder.
This but tons of potential. He didn't throw those picks that R&S always points to because he rarely went through progressions and took off if his guy was covered. D's had to honor the run. I don't want my NFL QB to run that much. His accuracy is meh right now but he does have a ton of potential. He needs to go somewhere that he can sit for a year. He'd be reasonably effective right away but a year of clean up will be rewarded. Ceiling is through the roof but he may never reach it. Still worthy of a 1st round grade simply due to that potential.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shit like this are why fans think Dalton is a bad quarterback.

For all the talk of how fans hate the media in sports and how the sports media are always wrong, when sports media starts talking about individual players, fans slurp that shit up
It's a one year deal that's easy to get out of, Dalton was not hired as a destination and the Mitch potential tease needed to end. I honestly thought they'd bring Mitch back with how the post season scenario was likely going to play out. It's encouraging that they didn't even if a lateral move. At least we know things are finally changing.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
This is why you don't reach for QBs in the 1st round. Seems like his absolute best case scenario would be Lamar Jackson? ...although Lamar Jackson excelled against D1 talent.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Shit like this are why fans think Dalton is a bad quarterback.

For all the talk of how fans hate the media in sports and how the sports media are always wrong, when sports media starts talking about individual players, fans slurp that shit up
i don't think he's bad, i think he's mediocre....i think anybody who plays QB long enough will have a play like this or a butt fumble play or something they would love to forget about, i just posted it for fun actually

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
They had one year, I think it was 2010 or around there where they beat Kansas State who ended up winning the Big 12. That year, Ken Pom had North Dakota St ranked as a top 25 team.

Over the years NDSU has beaten K State, Kansas, Iowa, Iowa St. Colorado St. and Minnesota. I might even be missing a win or two. They can compete with the weaker/lesser D1 teams.

Probably not this year (spring season), though. They don't look like NDSU right now. Bad QB and plenty of injuries.