Trey Lance is a possibility

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Idk anything about this guy but if there is a legit prospect that the Bears can get in the 1st it'd be a much better situation to come into than what Mitch did.
Simialr to KC with Alex Smith and Mahomes.

You are on the right track. IF Foles plays well enough this season, we could be in a position to draft a QB if one fell, but not to have to push. If Nagy proves himself this season, could definitely see him taking a smart QB with a quick release.

That is a bunch of If's. Foles has played well for one quarter against a bad defense. We have a long way to go. But it sure looks more promising and Nagy offense, even with Trubs, definitely looked better this season.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Justin Fields and Lawrence will go top five but Trey Lance in the middle of the first round could be a steal.

TREYLANCE.jpg

He won't make it to the middle of the 3rd round. He was too good in 2019 and teams will use a high pick or trade up for him because of 2019. I'm fine with Pace trading up for him but it's sure gonna cost a good amount to go up and get him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Its a legitimate thread. Foles, as well as he played yesterday, does not have career stats to suggest that he's a long term answer. Drafting a QB in the 1st round is not out of the question.

Especially a guy like T.Lance who will have so little starts in college and can actually sit behind Foles for at least his rookie year.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
No, I do not trust Pace to draft another quarterback. His evaluations are definitely flawed. He had a high evaluation on Mike Glennon and now the Trubisky fiasco. You cant tell me these mechanical flaws weren’t present in college. So you either drafted him because you did not recognize the flaws or you recognized them and thought you could fix them. Either way-it was not smart.

years ago i took a day off sick from work, ESPN classic had a college game that was grossman vs. eli manning, Grossman was doing that throwing while running backwards bad habit in college and continued doing it in the pros.....I may be wrong but I think if you draft a guy with bad habits thinking you're going to fix him you're highly unlikely to fix him, Josh Allen being an outlier but i think provided they can make accurate throws i'm very interested in the mental aspect. I think some guys just have accuracy naturally, they can fine tune their mechanics but I don't think trubisky will ever have a repeatable beautiful deep ball. That's what nagy was trying to get him to do was fine tune his deep ball last year during training camp and he just couldn't do it.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
lance worries me...he rarely moves past his first read and 1 season of experience certainly doesn't help

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From what I saw, this kid stares down his receivers like a fat kid guarding the last twinkie.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Doubt the Bears will be in range for him if he is mid 1st round level prospect. Unless we start losing soon we should be looking at 2nd/3rd round targets, otherwise better start doing your homework on the 2022 class.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I'm not sold on Lance. Limited experience, more of a runner than passer. You look at his highlight tape every TD pass is accompanied by the announcer screaming, "WIDE OPEN!" I wish he could have another full season the field to get more game experience.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I love the idea of drafting your QB in the first and then letting him sit and learn from Foles and Nagy. Stop always rushing and expecting immediate success and develop them before they see their first start. Some of the best QBs of the last 30 years sat before they started.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Bears have some front 7 defensive needs as well as needs at OT that could easily take that first round pick. With Foles under contract for a little more time, I have no problem re-tooling this defense a little bit while keeping Foles if he plays well this season.

Could you imagine this team with another beast next to Roquan, or another pass rusher next to Hicks or an upgrade to Leno?
Doesn't Foles have an opt-out?

If he does well, he may decide to go get another big payday.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Here you go Remy, Kyle Trask, born in Texas.

View attachment 7222
"Trask's nickname should be 'Textbook' because his footwork in the pocket is consistently on point, and more importantly, he gets the ball out on time, accurately, and he rarely looks confused by what he sees pre-snap."

He seems like a perfect fit to sit behind Foles for a year.

If we cant get one of the top QBs in the first round and hes available in the 2nd you absolutely take him. Id also be ok with taking Ehlinger from Texas in the 3rd if hes there.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The top needs are QB, LT, ILB and RT. Hopefully,
they get a top prospect at one of those needs in the 1st.

Goldman coming back covers NT.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kid looks like a project. No more projects in the 1st round with limited starting experience.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Kid looks like a project. No more projects in the 1st round with limited starting experience.
Personally I think Pace should try and get a project QB in round 4.