Trouble in Boers/Bernstein Land - I Can't Be the Only One to Notice?

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
I just listened to transition from 1-22-14. Holy smokes. Spiegs called Dan a backtracking condescending jackass who is degrading to [Spiegel] every day of his life and to Mannelly (who spent the last 15 years at Halas was RIGHT ABOUT MARSHALL)...and that he turns off the radio every time he's on and his life becomes exponentially better.

What did Mannelly say about Marshall? Just curious, thanks for the recaps.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
For those now following at home Bernstine is now backing off his "ownership want's marshall gone" declaration and now it's to "if he's back no way he does showtime".

Fucking clown.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
For those now following at home Bernstine is now backing off his "ownership want's marshall gone" declaration and now it's to "if he's back no way he does showtime".

Fucking clown.

No he's not. He said ownership wants him gone but ultimately they have empowered Pace to make the decision, and they're not going to interfere with the GM.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
No he's not. He said ownership wants him gone but ultimately they have empowered Pace to make the decision, and they're not going to interfere with the GM.

Unless they planned on hiring a GM and not empowering that GM, which I doubt.... But wait, the clown simultaneously blasted people the past month who suggested that ownership/McCaskey's/Phillps... wanted to concern themselves with football decisions. So what is it?

The answer is , to say (at the beginning of January) that "Brandon Marshall is gone no matter what" was total made up bullshit.

Reactions: LuC

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Unless they planned on hiring a GM and not empowering that GM, which I doubt.... But wait, the clown simultaneously blasted people the past month who suggested that ownership/McCaskey's/Phillps... wanted to concern themselves with football decisions. So what is it?

The answer is , to say (at the beginning of January) that "Brandon Marshall is gone no matter what" was total made up bullshit.

I guess Hub was also making up the same report that he received via his different source?

Hey, you don't like Bernstein, I get it. But don't make stuff up.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I guess Hub was also making up the same report that he received via his different source?

Just to be clear, they did declare, Brandon Marshall is 100% gone next year. This was before they had even hired a GM. So it's a 100% double standard. And Hub parrots B&B and vice versa.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
So, IOW, the "no matter what" didn't occur.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Just to be clear, they did declare, Brandon Marshall is 100% gone next year. This was before they had even hired a GM. So it's a 100% double standard. And Hub parrots B&B and vice versa.

That doesn't mean he was lying at the time he broke the report. Ownership could've changed their minds. Accorsi might have advised them to do it the right way and leave it up to the new GM, or that they wouldn't get any decent candidates if they refused to provide full authority on the Marshall decision. Reasonable alternatives exist.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
That doesn't mean he was lying at the time he broke the report. Ownership could've changed their minds. Accorsi might have advised them to do it the right way and leave it up to the new GM, or that they wouldn't get any decent candidates if they refused to provide full authority on the Marshall decision. Reasonable alternatives exist.

ok, so if "ownership changed their minds" then they really didn't have a right to berate callers that suggested ownership would interfere with football decisions.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I don't know about the 100% gone thing or whatnot, but I did hear him telling people that ownership wanted Marshall gone and they were going to tell the new GM they wanted Marshall gone and that it would be stupid for a new GM to stick his neck out and challenge ownership on it.

Ali-Frazier

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Bernstein directly said that Marshall was gone no matter what and the decision was made. That takes away the wiggle room of saying the circumstances changed.

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:
My three year old has an imaginary source too, only he calls him a friend.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is a plausible theory...What if like an experienced NFL exec type that has been around a few organizations like say; Ernie Accorsi, who plants a few plausible stories in the front office to see where all the leaks are coming from?

Kind of makes a bunch of things come together with Mannelly calling bull shit, B&B look like complete buffoons, and there is no more insider info trickling out...

If you listen to B&B's story on the transition 1-22...There is only a couple of people that would ever know that information about Ryan Paces face to face interview..

I find it a little to convenient that B&B would have that kind of personal information unless they are making it up or it was planted to find a rat...

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bernstein doesn't have sources or if he does theyre alwyas wrong and he's a fucking idiot

WRONG. Bernstein (via his source) was ahead of everybody on the Trestman firing when no one thought King George would step in after only two years.

I can't stand the pompous asshole but he is right far more often than he is wrong. I don't view he and Hub's previous reports on Marshall as fabrications; I view the ultimate development that ownership is going to leave the Marshall decision to Pace as someone (Pace) finally stepping up and telling the McCaskeys what they can do with their meddling, and them (for once) accepting it. Now who could have ever predicted THAT would happen? ...

Newblood

Liked Posts:
WRONG. Bernstein (via his source) was ahead of everybody on the Trestman firing when no one thought King George would step in after only two years.

I can't stand the pompous asshole but he is right far more often than he is wrong. I don't view he and Hub's previous reports on Marshall as fabrications; I view the ultimate development that ownership is going to leave the Marshall decision to Pace as someone (Pace) finally stepping up and telling the McCaskeys what they can do with their meddling, and them (for once) accepting it. Now who could have ever predicted THAT would happen? ...

Most everyone knew Trestman was gone weeks before the season was over. Emery was the only one who's employment was in question in the end.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

Hub said he's not sure about Marshall so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Here is a plausible theory...What if like an experienced NFL exec type that has been around a few organizations like say; Ernie Accorsi, who plants a few plausible stories in the front office to see where all the leaks are coming from?

Kind of makes a bunch of things come together with Mannelly calling bull shit, B&B look like complete buffoons, and there is no more insider info trickling out...

If you listen to B&B's story on the transition 1-22...There is only a couple of people that would ever know that information about Ryan Paces face to face interview..

I find it a little to convenient that B&B would have that kind of personal information unless they are making it up or it was planted to find a rat...

I haven't received an answer yet but it sounds like Mannelly was saying Marshall is not a locker room cancer and that ownership doesn't want him gone? Or was Mannelly just saying he doesn't buy anything B&B are saying about Marshall?