Trubisky Broke an NFL record tonight.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Jesus, there no room for nuance for some people. You can be critical of Trubisky, think Pace blew the pick, and still jump out of your seat when he runs it in.

If a call out thread is the first or second thing you are thinking about after a win, something is wrong with you.

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
LOL, you guys are just making excuses. Let's not pretend all that was happening AND mitch was playing well. Mitch can also play like shit. These things aren't mutually exclusive. Up until a few weeks ago, Mitch was one of the worst QBs in the league, and it wasn't by accident. He's been getting compared to Bortles by analysts since last year, and for very good reason. If Mitch needs everything to go right to be a good QB, then he isn't a very good QB.
For once can you just slow your roll??? Most Mitch backers are not saying he is a top 5 QB. They see a young QB with a big upside that does struggle at times. Now you and Mitch haters, along with local and national media, otherwise all known as Lemmings, think Mitch is not deserving of being an NFL QB and that he sucks. So lets look at it. This year his total QBR is not good around 26th in the league. Horrible start to the year, pathetic game plans and quite frankly Mitch did very little to help things. As the season has progressed, so have the game plans and also his production. If you can't see that, then for sure just follow the lemmings and walk off the cliff. Now lets look at last year. Number 3 in total QBR. Was he the third best QB in the league? NO. But pretty good. Playoff game, came out conservative and then balled out down the stretch to put them in position to win.

All that said, who is rational? The side that says he sucks and is one of the worst QB's in the NFL? Or the side that says he is not the best QB in the league, but the Bears can win with this guy and he will continue to get better as he grows in this league. It's year three. Could you imagine this board if he played like Winston???? 25 turnovers? 25

I did read your garbage time stats vs NE comment. That game was back and fourth. NE scored on a blocked punt and a kick off return. That game was hardly garbage time stats. He did have 2 picks. One was under thrown to Miller and should have been a TD. But calling that game garbage stats proves my point. By the way they had the ball at the end of that game with a chance to tie...they also took the second half kick off and went right down the field to take the lead. Garbage stats...lol

Who is your QB next year? Would love to know your plan.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
All that said, who is rational? The side that says he sucks and is one of the worst QB's in the NFL? Or the side that says he is not the best QB in the league, but the Bears can win with this guy and he will continue to get better as he grows in this league. It's year three. Could you imagine this board if he played like Winston???? 25 turnovers? 25

Terrible post based on a false dichotomy.

The "sides" are not as you cast them here. There is the side that says he sucked and was one of the worst QBs in the league for most of the year outside of a couple bums (factual) and the side that says Mitch's NUMBERS don't look good but he's doing fine because when he holds too long or fails to go through reads or misses an open target, it's because it's someone else's fault: Pace, Nagy, O-line, receivers, refs et al.

I hope Mitch has turned a corner and is a legitimately good QB from here on, I really do ...

but I will eat no crow nor should any other "hater" because he was in fact terrible for most of this year and it was undebateable.

Debateable as to what percentage of blame Mitch gets vs. Nagy, O-line, receivers etc sure but undebateable as to the sucky passing offense he was QB of.

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
Terrible post based on a false dichotomy.

The "sides" are not as you cast them here. There is the side that says he sucked and was one of the worst QBs in the league for most of the year outside of a couple bums (factual) and the side that says Mitch's NUMBERS don't look good but he's doing fine because when he holds too long or fails to go through reads or misses an open target, it's because it's someone else's fault: Pace, Nagy, O-line, receivers, refs et al.

I hope Mitch has turned a corner and is a legitimately good QB from here on, I really do ...

but I will eat no crow nor should any other "hater" because he was in fact terrible for most of this year and it was undebateable.

Debateable as to what percentage of blame Mitch gets vs. Nagy, O-line, receivers etc sure but undebateable as to the sucky passing offense he was QB of.
Ok, I know you will be sad but I can't argue with you any longer. Outside a couple of bums (factual)? Dallas is a top 10 defense. I guess if you say things over and over again it becomes true. It is impossible to change your mind even a little. I don't want anyone to eat crow so not asking. Have you ever watched the Tape Never Lies? If you do you may have at least a somewhat different perspective. Ok maybe not.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ok, I know you will be sad but I can't argue with you any longer. Outside a couple of bums (factual)? Dallas is a top 10 defense. I guess if you say things over and over again it becomes true. It is impossible to change your mind even a little. I don't want anyone to eat crow so not asking. Have you ever watched the Tape Never Lies? If you do you may have at least a somewhat different perspective. Ok maybe not.

I am not sad because I do not live for debates nor am I even debating you here and now(!)

The bolded was in context of first part of the whole season. I was not including DAL in that DAL was game 1 of the final 4 game stretch of the season.

I do watch Tape Never Lies, also many others. It is not debateable that passing offense sucked hard. Debateable as to what percentage of blame Mitch gets vs. Nagy etc sure. I have never even committed to a percentage for each (!)

To Mitch excusers, when I go off on how bad he was missing open targets or not reading at all, I came off like a Nagy apologist.

To Nagy excusers, when I went off on how stupid his calls were or how lost the players looked, I came off like a Mitch apologist.

I have always been critical of both. If it seems like I was more one than the other, it is merely because number of Mitch excusers > number of Nagy defenders here. That's all.

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
I am not sad because I do not live for debates nor am I even debating you here and now(!)

The bolded was in context of first part of the whole season. I was not including DAL in that DAL was game 1 of the final 4 game stretch of the season.

I do watch Tape Never Lies, also many others. It is not debateable that passing offense sucked hard. Debateable as to what percentage of blame Mitch gets vs. Nagy etc sure. I have never even committed to a percentage for each (!)

To Mitch excusers, when I go off on how bad he was missing open targets or not reading at all, I came off like a Nagy apologist.

To Nagy excusers, when I went off on how stupid his calls were or how lost the players looked, I came off like a Mitch apologist.

I have always been critical of both. If it seems like I was more one than the other, it is merely because number of Mitch excusers > number of Nagy defenders here. That's all.
Fair enough. On another note based on your screen name were you a Cutler fan? I was pumped when he got here. Was hoping for much more but still liked him. Talk about a guy who had a train wreck of offensive coaches to work with. Mike Tice????

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fair enough. On another note based on your screen name were you a Cutler fan? I was pumped when he got here. Was hoping for much more but still liked him. Talk about a guy who had a train wreck of offensive coaches to work with. Mike Tice????

My username is based on the time I joined: Tuesday morning after Gruden made that "Cutler is Josey Wales" remark. I was pumped for the signing but was disappointed in him. I got off his bandwagon in 2011 when he was playing the best he has ever played in CHI and still was in 25 TD range even if he hadn't been injured. When he went down, so did our playoff chances but that was largely because Hanie was not even close to NFL average while Cutler was decently poised to get us back to NFCC on coattails of Lovie's defense. He wasn't terrible then (2011) but was way overpaid for what he gave us.

I hated Emery and Trestman for not re-signing McCown and drafting a new QB. That was their own death warrants though.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
For once can you just slow your roll??? Most Mitch backers are not saying he is a top 5 QB. They see a young QB with a big upside that does struggle at times. Now you and Mitch haters, along with local and national media, otherwise all known as Lemmings, think Mitch is not deserving of being an NFL QB and that he sucks. So lets look at it. This year his total QBR is not good around 26th in the league. Horrible start to the year, pathetic game plans and quite frankly Mitch did very little to help things. As the season has progressed, so have the game plans and also his production. If you can't see that, then for sure just follow the lemmings and walk off the cliff. Now lets look at last year. Number 3 in total QBR. Was he the third best QB in the league? NO. But pretty good. Playoff game, came out conservative and then balled out down the stretch to put them in position to win.

I did read your garbage time stats vs NE comment. That game was back and fourth. NE scored on a blocked punt and a kick off return. That game was hardly garbage time stats. He did have 2 picks. One was under thrown to Miller and should have been a TD. But calling that game garbage stats proves my point. By the way they had the ball at the end of that game with a chance to tie...they also took the second half kick off and went right down the field to take the lead. Garbage stats...lol

Who is your QB next year? Would love to know your plan.

This is all nonsense and just more excuses to glorify his good play but downplay his bad play, which there has been a lot of. I love how you're rational theory doesn't include the one's like you that think he is doing no wrong and refer to any criticism as Mitch hate.

That NE game, he had almost half his pass yards and a TD after NE took a 14 point lead with under 7 minutes left. That is garbage time. He did not play well that game at all. Look at the drives after you conveniently cherry picked the TD after half. BLOCKED PUNT (only got a first down on a DPI) INT, INT, 3 and OUT.

And I've already said more than once that Trubisky is back next year, that the Bears are likely picking up his fifth year option since it makes sense, but the Bears should start looking at other options in the case he looks lost again. There's a reason more of us feel better after this Dallas game, it's the first time he wasn't just bum slaying.

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
This is all nonsense and just more excuses to glorify his good play but downplay his bad play, which there has been a lot of. I love how you're rational theory doesn't include the one's like you that think he is doing no wrong and refer to any criticism as Mitch hate.

That NE game, he had almost half his pass yards and a TD after NE took a 14 point lead with under 7 minutes left. That is garbage time. He did not play well that game at all. Look at the drives after you conveniently cherry picked the TD after half. BLOCKED PUNT (only got a first down on a DPI) INT, INT, 3 and OUT.

And I've already said more than once that Trubisky is back next year, that the Bears are likely picking up his fifth year option since it makes sense, but the Bears should start looking at other options in the case he looks lost again. There's a reason more of us feel better after this Dallas game, it's the first time he wasn't just bum slaying.
You are correct down 14 with 7 minutes left in an NFL is garbage time.... What planet do you watch football from? Who is cherry picking? You are the one who is picking out what drives count and what drives don't. I state when he plays bad. You on the other find excuses when he plays well. F ing enjoy your football. Sounds like a great time. By the way that NE team gave up 3 points in the super bowl. But forgive me for cherry picking, keep your chart of all the PI's each QB gets to keep drives going. SMH

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Well put. The bar is set so low for this franchise at the QB position it doesn't take much for people to jump on the bandwagon with the "i told ya so's".

Think about it. In 100 years of Bears football the 3 QB's that standout are Sid Luckman who played in the NFL when it was still the Beer League, Jim McMahon and Jay Cutler. That's a low ass bar, lol.

That said, this upcoming Packer game is huge not only for the standings but it's a revenge game for Mitch after that Packer DB started talking trash on live TV "we just wanted Mitch to play the position of QB and knew we had a chance"

not sure if jay should be on mentioned with the other 2. jay was a loser.