Trubisky Calls Out Nagy

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A dominating o line is what this team lacks the most. There are no holes anywhere and Monty is a grinder but not elite. Cohen is just a gimmick now.

We need to seriously upgrade the line play and possibly RB. I think mitch is serviceable - we could win more games if we could win in the trenches but we're getting owned game after game.
Part of the reason is that teams stack the box knowing that Nagy will either call a run or a 3 yard pass...Both of which are defended well with a stacked box..Once the seam passes and other downfield passes started late in the 3rd quarter (Nagys MO) then things opened up a bit

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Part of the reason is that teams stack the box knowing that Nagy will either call a run or a 3 yard pass...Both of which are defended well with a stacked box..Once the seam passes and other downfield passes started late in the 3rd quarter (Nagys MO) then things opened up a bit

They don’t even stack the box. Packers ran nickel the entire game.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fair but you’re ignoring that the interior OL was completely outclassed by Clark and the other DL. Daniels and Coward were particularly atrocious. Pair that with Montgomery having a bad game and I don’t think the run game was going to get anything going either.

We didn't run inside enough for that to be proven and frankly all our shitty runs early were largely off left or right tackle.

You left the pass rushers rush upfield and take themselves out of running plays up the middle. You double clark. Instead because they were running outside, they were running into the DEs and were trying to get away with just single blocking Clark.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
They don’t even stack the box. Packers ran nickel the entire game.

I only have one argument to post,We are out of the play offs ,so, Lets all find out who's who .
In other words, If Nagy has any balls which we've all seen how scared he calls plays,script but say Mitch it's all on you the rest of the way.
Let Mitch run his own show and call his own game.
Winner takes all.
He somewhat called Nagy out, So let them do the put up or shut up games !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
We didn't run inside enough for that to be proven and frankly all our shitty runs early were largely off left or right tackle.

You left the pass rushers rush upfield and take themselves out of running plays up the middle. You double clark. Instead because they were running outside, they were running into the DEs and were trying to get away with just single blocking Clark.
Doubling Clark should have been obvious from the beginning but would it have made enough of a difference to prevent the Bears from getting down enough to the point where they had to abandon the run? I’m not sure. They were down 7-0 because of the fucked up fumble, and then Rodgers came out of the half and lit the D up. It’s also not like the O was struggling to move the ball. They outgained GB in the first half and dominated TOP in the first half too.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That has nothing to do with my post. He’s down 21-3 do you really want him to run the ball?
Nagy called 66% pass to 33% run in the first half against dime defenses when it was a 4 pt game.
Situational awareness has nothing to do with anything Nagy does.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
7 with Foxy.

Maybe he's been trying to avoid injury in the last year before he's eligible for a new deal.
If so then he doesn't recognize that a recovering injured difference maker makes more than a below average midget running back that runs sideways.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Nagy called 66% pass to 33% run in the first half against dime defenses when it was a 4 pt game.
Right and a 2-1 run / pass ratio isn’t unheard of. Once they got down big he was forced to throw out the run game.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Right and a 2-1 run / pass ratio isn’t unheard of. Once they got down big he was forced to throw out the run game.
Except when a team is playing 6 DB's and is 25 in defensive y/a and 24th in y/g for rushing, and it is 16 degrees and your QB is better when not asked to carry the entire offense . Other than that dropping back to pass on 72% of the offense plays seems pretty smart.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Let’s ask Mitch to execute a game plan he cannot in a hostile environment and then get mad at Mitch.

Idiocy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

When your QB is not elite and you are on the road it should be.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Except when a team is playing 6 DB's and is 25 in defensive y/a and 24th in y/g for rushing, and it is 16 degrees and your QB is better when not asked to carry the entire offense . Other than that dropping back to pass on 72% of the offense plays seems pretty smart.
The thing is they couldn’t run the ball against that shitty run D and they were down 7-3 despite throwing the ball 66% of the time and playing relatively well on offense doing it. They outgained GB and dominated TOP too. Rodgers lit them up out of the half to go up 14-3 and then they were up 21-3 and by that point you have to throw the ball with the season on the line.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A dominating o line is what this team lacks the most. There are no holes anywhere and Monty is a grinder but not elite. Cohen is just a gimmick now.

We need to seriously upgrade the line play and possibly RB. I think mitch is serviceable - we could win more games if we could win in the trenches but we're getting owned game after game.

There is no speed in the backfield. Cohen has speed but runs to the sideline instead of making a cut. Montgomery doesnt have speed.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The thing is they couldn’t run the ball against that shitty run D and they were down 7-3 despite throwing the ball 66% of the time and playing relatively well on offense doing it. They outgained GB and dominated TOP too. Rodgers lit them up out of the half to go up 14-3 and then they were up 21-3 and by that point you have to throw the ball with the season on the line.
You were much smarter yesterday.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Doubling Clark should have been obvious from the beginning but would it have made enough of a difference to prevent the Bears from getting down enough to the point where they had to abandon the run? I’m not sure. They were down 7-0 because of the fucked up fumble, and then Rodgers came out of the half and lit the D up. It’s also not like the O was struggling to move the ball. They outgained GB in the first half and dominated TOP in the first half too.

We had some success on the drive that ended with Miller catching the ball out of bounds. Ran for a couple first downs up the middle. On the FG drive, took a sack on 1st and 10. A run and it isn't 2nd and 16. There are always little moments in games that in hindsight prove important. Nagy fucks up those little moments more than most coaches I have seen.