Trubisky is already better than Cutler ever was with Bears

mecha

Liked Posts:
Ahh yes, that vaunted Josh McCown offense that moved the ball between the 20's but couldn't score. How many games did he win? Right. Whats it matter then if the result was still mediocre in the wins and losses column?

I was under the impression that man was national treasure and nothing bad could ever be said about him.

the reality that is overlooked is their win/loss records and statlines were virtually the same (I acknowledge some of McCown's losses were when he came in relief late in games that were already lost). it wasn't like McCown went on some 8 game undefeated tear. the McCown games were seemingly more entertaining to watch though. the Ravens and Cowboys games in particular were awesome.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Ahh yes, that vaunted Josh McCown offense that moved the ball between the 20's but couldn't score. How many games did he win? Right. Whats it matter then if the result was still mediocre in the wins and losses column?
You seem to misunderstand. No one says Josh McCown is the more talented quarterback overall. You're absolutely right. Josh McCown could not punch the ball in at all. This was because of his limitations. However, between the twenties he moved the ball better than Jay Cutler ever did and the offense sang. That is because he was hitting guys in stride rather than locking onto one guy and bailing out when that guy wasn't open.

There is a reason guys like DeAngelo Hall said that they knew Jay Cutler. It's because he kept doing the same shit.

There is a reason the offense would look better whenever Jay went down in terms of consistency with moving the ball down the field. Think of it this way: how sad is it that lesser quarterbacks had a smoother time moving the ball down the field than Jay Cutler did?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
So you don't remember stand in the pocket getting your bell run waiting for routes to develop Jay or dink and dunk Jay? I think your memory is jaded.
I certainly remember him being forced to take seven step drops and getting his Bell rung, yes.

At the time I was with everyone else and blamed Mike Martz who I do think was partially to blame.

However in retrospect Cutler just did not get rid of the ball as quickly as he needed to in that offense.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is already better than Cutler ever was with Bears

lets SET the bar higher

Seems like it was just an observation based on his opinion.
Not really setting a bar.

But since you bring it up my bar for Mitch is somewhere along the Aaron Rodgers/Tom Brady line.
If he never gets there then close will still be amazeballs.