Trubisky is already better than Cutler ever was with Bears

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
As far as decision making he makes the right throw and takes what is given to him. I don't think Trubisky will ever be a QB who throws a bunch of ints or throws in to double and triple coverage. If Trubisky had the weapons Cutler had with Marshall, Jeffery and Bennett he would be so much better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This forum is hilarious, as last week people were demanding they draft another QB with the #1 pick last week, people were calling into the Score asking if the Bears could Trade Mitch away for picks....and now everyone that bashing him last week is jumping back on ship.

Do you guys flip flop like crazy all the time like this???

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Happy he played well, but the conservative playcalling hasn't really bolstered your claim.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I love the excuses for Cutler, including the poor coaching. Kurt Warner was the QB for Martz with the Rams. That was a great offense. Ron Turner was the OC when Kramer set passing records for the Bears. He got plenty of coaching.

Bears had no line nor TEs that could catch under Martz, to be fair.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It wasn't a lack of quality coaching; it was Cutler's inability to listen.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

There are many shortcomings I would agree to but you're really inferring he had quality coaches around him for the duration? The fuck?

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
I would be willing to bet MT will benefit from a much better FO than Cutler ever did earlier in his Bear career.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
This forum is hilarious, as last week people were demanding they draft another QB with the #1 pick last week, people were calling into the Score asking if the Bears could Trade Mitch away for picks....and now everyone that bashing him last week is jumping back on ship.

That's really not accurate, Britbiguy. There's been concern over Trubisky's pace of development, as there would be over any #1 draft pick leading the official (pl: offense) The Frisky One has been leading. That concern has been misconstrued by Bear homers as a condemnation of The Frisky One.

As always, those who have eyes, let them see . . .

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I love the excuses for Cutler, including the poor coaching. Kurt Warner was the QB for Martz with the Rams. That was a great offense. Ron Turner was the OC when Kramer set passing records for the Bears. He got plenty of coaching.

I still to this day contend that Martz would have probably put us in the Super Bowl with the offensive talent they gave Trestman.

They had greg olsen.

They also didn't use Greg Olsen much despite him being a major reason they won that playoff game to reach the NFCCG.

Martz was a competent offensive coordinator that still was stuck in the old days with regard to some personnel usage. To him TEs were mostly blockers that occasionally got a ball thrown at them.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
I look at this team and say "Who are the best players?" or "Who are the best future impact players?".

With two exceptions I can think of, they're all Pace guys. This GM might be really good.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Bears win one game and everyone is out here overrating shit again

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Terrific strawman you created. BTW, where is Shanahan coaching these days? You know...the guy who won two Super Bowls? What a weak rebuttal you have there.

Ok so how bout this, Martzs O was great with the Rams, and by the time he was here it was outdated and not well suited to a team without a great offensive line. His 7 step drops with a shit line nearly got Jay killed against the Giants. But yeah, I'm sure his one ring with the greatest show on turf made Jays scrambled egg brain feel great that night. Ever hear the line "past performance is not indicative of future gains"? It applies here too.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I would argue Cutler's best years were with Martz. it was the closest thing he ever got to continuity, but it was still done with an archaic system from a bygone era. not to mention a system that wasn't made to be run with the terrible offensive lines they had then. he definitely never reached his full potential. the poor coaching came after his brain got scrambled and he was damaged goods that couldn't be helped anymore. Cutler was just a huge waste with this team.

Martz was the best thing for Cutler, he was the worst thing for Cutler. If Martz could've put his ego aside and worked a system for the players he had it could've been an amazing team.

And yes if Cutler wouldn't listen as claimed that is the player they had and needed to work around. So even that, you either figure out how to get him to listen or you figure out how to work with what he wants. But I think by the time of fuck you Martz Martz had earned that.

Worries me that we brought Trubisky in with no WRs much like we did with Cutler.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I've been on board the Trubisky Train all season. Ain't no flip floppin here.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Worries me that we brought Trubisky in with no WRs much like we did with Cutler.

Doesn't particularly worry me. Trubisky was never meant to play much this season nor was Pace expecting his top receivers to eat shit by injury. Entirely aside from that, you take your stab and pick your quarterback when you believe he comes along. Took Pace 3 years to finally tie his fate to one and there was consensus from him and his scouting staff on the pick so they all felt good about it. You can at that point just move forward and build around him. Hopefully while also pairing him with a head coach/offensive coordinator that aids in that development.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears win one game and everyone is out here overrating shit again

Exact same as when they lose a game. Easily half (or more) of this board is like a feather in the fucking wind based on each weeks results.

Reactions: 1ke