Trubisky or Garoppolo Right Now.

Who do you like at this very early point?

• Dear Sweet Mitchell

Votes: 39 51.3%
  • Home Town Jimmy

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Me

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Kevin, he's my neighbor, good dude

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Rex

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Jay

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well Vash, I'd normally get on you a bit for this response, but I said I'd try to cut you some slack, so I will on this ONE. If you read again, you will notice that I typed turnovers/interceptions. That clearly separates turnovers from interceptions ... right?

I also mentioned that he IS taking sacks, and I also stated why. Soooo, I'm not sure why you felt the need to even make this post. Maybe you will realize I take exception to some of your posts. However, have a nice day.

His fumble per sack ratio is literally 38% so far this season and is averaging one fumble per game.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
LOL.

I know we spent months going back and forth pre-draft about the QBs, especially Watson. It's ok to accept that you were wrong. It happens to us all.

I give you credit for being one of the few posters who were adamant that Watson couldn't hack it in the NFL and actually stuck around the board after he showed he was lights out. We haven't seen hide nor hair of Luke and the others since. But you should drop the denial.

Mick, come on now. I liked Watson too. I wanted the S and then a QB. I would have even traded up into the 1st for Watson. You clearly became a fan of Tru once the Bears made that shocking pick cuz, as you said, I'm glad the Bears drafted a QB.

At no point did anyone disagree that Watson had a ton of experience on a national championship quality team, and Tru had only 13 games experience on NC. I'm not sure why, all of a sudden, you were right about Watson?

Watson went to a great team that had the #1 defense the year before. Houston also has some great weapons for him to use. Tru on the other hand, not so much. Let's not get too carried away with the Watson over Tru stuff just yet!

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
His fumble per sack ratio is literally 38% so far this season and is averaging one fumble per game.

Vash, Dude. You're being an idiot again. I never once mentioned the fumbles. They are, however, part of taking sacks, which I mentioned would get better. Also, how many of those fumbles were fumbled snaps? I remember Whitehair being at fault of a few of those. Heck, his last one was a strip sack where he didn't have a chance. Vash, let this one go man, or I'm going to give it to you.

EDIT to Add: Also, out of the 8 fumbles he's had, he has lost only 3 of them. Hence ... not a turnover.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That depends. If another year in college would have given him a better chance to transition to the pro game, then no. We'll just have to wait and see and hope for the best. The coaching hire is absolutely critical. Pace needs to get it right.

1/2 true. Even with Loggains, he's getting better coaching right now than in college. We lose a year and he does not but even our year would have been, let's say, uneventful. Guys that wanted him to start early shouldn't say that getting into the pros too early may ruin him. It's counter intuitive.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mick, come on now. I liked Watson too. I wanted the S and then a QB. I would have even traded up into the 1st for Watson. You clearly became a fan of Tru once the Bears made that shocking pick cuz, as you said, I'm glad the Bears drafted a QB.

That particular post was directed to Satchice.

At no point did anyone disagree that Watson had a ton of experience on a national championship quality team, and Tru had only 13 games experience on NC. I'm not sure why, all of a sudden, you were right about Watson?

You obviously weren't posting much in the December-thru-April period. Not going to rehash the whole thing because nobody cares, but in short, I was one of the loudest pro-Watson posters. I wanted the Bears to draft him more than I've ever wanted them to draft anyone in my life, because I thought he was extremely special.

There were several posters who claimed that Watson didn't have the skills for the NFL. Most have disappeared since he came in and put over 30 on the board in every start, breaking rookie records and being on pace for an MVP candidate, but credit to Satchice, he stuck around. Just too bad he hasn't yet been able to accept that, at this point in their respective careers at least, Watson is considerably better.

You might deny it too. Trust me that the only people in America who disagree with that are a few rabid homer Bears fans.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wow, you're giving him 8 whole games. Why isn't he Peyton F Manning already?

I think you just made that up. I don't think anyone said that ever. I have missed some comments on here, I don't have time to read everything. If you could please post a link or quote I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
That particular post was directed to Satchice.

You obviously weren't posting much in the December-thru-April period. Not going to rehash the whole thing because nobody cares, but in short, I was one of the loudest pro-Watson posters. I wanted the Bears to draft him more than I've ever wanted them to draft anyone in my life, because I thought he was extremely special.

There were several posters who claimed that Watson didn't have the skills for the NFL. Most have disappeared since he came in and put over 30 on the board in every start, breaking rookie records and being on pace for an MVP candidate, but credit to Satchice, he stuck around. Just too bad he hasn't yet been able to accept that, at this point in their respective careers at least, Watson is considerably better.

You might deny it too. Trust me that the only people in America who disagree with that are a few rabid homer Bears fans.

Well 1st, I know you were the #1 Watson poster here. I agreed with you for the most part. I could at this point as well, however, suggest that Watson is the next RGIII and Tru is the next Wentz. Just saying.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I've never seen it, a link or quote would be appreciated. If it really does happen repeatedly it should be easy to find.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/93078-Are-the-people-who-consider-themselves-to-be-quot-high-quot-on-Trubiskey-the-same-people-that?highlight=trubisky+bust

Here's one, I'm not going to waste my time looking for others, but you haven't been paying any attention if you don't know they're out there.

There it is, the one that got everybody all fired up. Now we can't compare anyone to Trubisky because that is like calling him a bust. Thank you for linking that epic game changing quote that gave CCS a case of the vapors.

@Vick, could you please never say that again, even if he does turn out to be a bust? Thanks.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well 1st, I know you were the #1 Watson poster here. I agreed with you for the most part. I could at this point as well, however, suggest that Watson is the next RGIII and Tru is the next Wentz. Just saying.

There isn't really any evidence for either of things, unless you believe Watson's career is doomed due to injury. There's certainly no evidence that Trubisky is going to be a year two MVP. They aren't even much of comp for each other playing wise. Wentz is 6'5" and a 4-year pro-style offense starter coming into the NFL. They have nothing in common other than being the #2 pick.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There it is, the one that got everybody all fired up. Now we can't compare anyone to Trubisky because that is like calling him a bust. Thank you for linking that epic game changing quote that gave CCS a case of the vapors.

@Vick, could you please never say that again, even if he does turn out to be a bust? Thanks.

The proof he is citing is a "nothing-burger" because you can easily see right in that posting that I never even ever literally called him a bust but rather, he "looks" like a "huge bust" at "this point" and that was literally last month anyways. He looked much better this week.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
The proof he is citing is a "nothing-burger" because you can easily see right in that posting that I never even ever literally called him a bust but rather, he "looks" like a "huge bust" at "this point" and that was literally last month anyways. He looked much better this week.
to be fair, saying "she looks like a fat cow" is calling her a fat cow.

But his response was more sarcasm than directed at you.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
There isn't really any evidence for either of things, unless you believe Watson's career is doomed due to injury. There's certainly no evidence that Trubisky is going to be a year two MVP. They aren't even much of comp for each other playing wise. Wentz is 6'5" and a 4-year pro-style offense starter coming into the NFL. They have nothing in common other than being the #2 pick.

The bolded part was my point. Not much evidence to make any conclusions yet. However, Wentz, who had a lot of experience, still came from a smaller program, and really took to his 2nd year to excel. We could go on all day, but the bottom line is the bolded part, which is my only and original point.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Watson is better RIGHT NOW

I wouldn't put my money on that.

I don't understand taking Trubisky at #2 and then saying he has to sit for the year. I've been saying it all along, if that's the case then nobody else would've taken him until the 2nd round. So in Pace's mind he way overdrafted.
Problem is Trubisky probably would've went before Watson in the 1st and very possibly at #2, and I doubt anyone but a team that already had a good QB would've been sitting him until 2019.
So I don't think he was necessarily overdrafted but it seems that's what Pace thought he was doing.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't put my money on that.

I don't understand taking Trubisky at #2 and then saying he has to sit for the year. I've been saying it all along, if that's the case then nobody else would've taken him until the 2nd round. So in Pace's mind he way overdrafted.
Problem is Trubisky probably would've went before Watson in the 1st and very possibly at #2, and I doubt anyone but a team that already had a good QB would've been sitting him until 2019.
So I don't think he was necessarily overdrafted but it seems that's what Pace thought he was doing.
Is the concept of overdrafting and under not tied to where other teams would of taken him?

Even if it's outdated, it's not like there aren't multiple high level long term starting QBs in this current league that were drafted that high and sat. From Rivers, Eli, Carson Palmer, Rodgers. Maybe since 08 with Ryan and Falco playing D strong run heavy thar trend died but it's not forgotten by everyone.

I don't get the idea they need to play right away. That was part of the pay rookies less desire so rookie QBs wouldn't make teams feel forced to have to play because they make the teams most money for simply going top 5 in the draft.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

And most are predictable 3rd and long, after two runs in a row

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
there it is, the one that got everybody all fired up. Now we can't compare anyone to trubisky because that is like calling him a bust. Thank you for linking that epic game changing quote that gave ccs a case of the vapors.

@vick, could you please never say that again, even if he does turn out to be a bust? Thanks.

wtf?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL this is blatantly untrue. Virtually nobody has called him a bust, and pretty much every response you give to legitimate concerns about his development is some sarcastic mention of Deshaun Watson. I see you've already been at it again today despite absolutely nobody mentioning him. Obsessed.

Virtually no one has called him a bust? Have you been reading all these “Mitch Trubisky sucks” threads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Is the concept of overdrafting and under not tied to where other teams would of taken him?

Even if it's outdated, it's not like there aren't multiple high level long term starting QBs in this current league that were drafted that high and sat. From Rivers, Eli, Carson Palmer, Rodgers. Maybe since 08 with Ryan and Falco playing D strong run heavy thar trend died but it's not forgotten by everyone.

I don't get the idea they need to play right away. That was part of the pay rookies less desire so rookie QBs wouldn't make teams feel forced to have to play because they make the teams most money for simply going top 5 in the draft.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Part 2: If he wanted the rookie to sit he should've kept Cutler. I guess there are reasons for that not to happen (McD and Broncos). But there were other vet starter options with experience with the team.

I don't think he was overdrafted. I question how Pace's mind works. That high is for a pretty sure thing but Pace seems to think he's a project.
I also think any other team who would've taken him would've had plans to play him at some point in the year.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Part 2: If he wanted the rookie to sit he should've kept Cutler. I guess there are reasons for that not to happen (McD and Broncos). But there were other vet starter options with experience with the team.

I don't think he was overdrafted. I question how Pace's mind works. That high is for a pretty sure thing but Pace seems to think he's a project.
I also think any other team who would've taken him would've had plans to play him at some point in the year.

Thought it was obvious that he felt Mitch had the most upside of those in the draft based on... not having Jeffery. Sitting him for a year. And that the pressure was on him to use that high pick on a QB.
Pace claims to be a BPA drafter. But this last draft was quite evident he was forced to pick a QB with his first. And wanted an heir to Miller at TE for his new QB.

If he weren't forced to draft a QB. Mitch never gets drafted by the Bears.