Trubisky thoughts..

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
yes.

leno must go. That guy is a turnstile most downs. They hid his weakness with quick passes andJordan Howard. Last year he was exposed.

We need to draft a LT
2 were designated cb/linebacker sitting on the outside blitzing.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
we won on the road and he had 3 ts 0 ints with 100 rating. and you are telling me he deserves to start another game? lol ok coach

Lol. He was hot trash all game until the 4th. Let's not pretend he had a great game.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It was the equivalent of the first pre-season game. I don’t give a shit who you are playing, he came back and won on the road. Give the kid a break. There is huge room for improvement especially on third down efficiency on both sides of the ball.

He was clutch when he needed to be and the Bears won. The Mitch hate is fucking crazy. I was pissed about some of his missed opportunities but get some perspective.

This is his fourth season. How much more perspective do we really need? I hope it clicks for him, but I'm pretty confident that he is what he is.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This is his fourth season. How much more perspective do we really need? I hope it clicks for him, but I'm pretty confident that he is what he is.

So you expected the Bears and Mitch to come flying out of the gate hitting on all cylinders? I’ll take the win and the clutch plays late and wait see what he does next week.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Sometimes it's tough to be a bears fan. We have more excuses than a guy who owes you money. We keep saying the same things are wrong but somehow we got a chance. MT sucks as a starter, we go get a potential starter and we keep letting the non starter start. Saying things like that one pass was good or did you see that one time he did blah blah blah. We need a good QB who demands his teammates respect and validates it with his play. We beat the Lions the only team possibly worse than us in our division, we will not beat GB like that or Vikings and we all know that. So why are we hyping this guy still. Josh Rosen was a college great and look where he at better fukin play like winners.

I have news for you, the Vikings’ defense sucks. Their corners are inexperienced and they lost Joseph up front. The player props on Rodgers and Adams today were like taking candy from a baby. We’ll see about the Packers.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He definitely missed some throws, and there was at least one obvious interference that wasn't called (when the guy was holding Allen Robinson's arm for goodness sakes). But he was also absolute money on some throws too. That Anthony Miller throw obviously, as well as that throw to Graham that where the touchdown was overturned. I'd give him a B-.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The pass to the TE in the endzone at the end of the third quarter that looked just a little long was a timing route. The TE was held up a couple steps by a couple DBs. It was a good job by the Detroit defense to disrupt the timing.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
So you expected the Bears and Mitch to come flying out of the gate hitting on all cylinders? I’ll take the win and the clutch plays late and wait see what he does next week.

I'm saying I don't expect Mitch to be anything but what he's been in his career.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In the NFL, teams will pick up on this very quick. If Mitch can't throw in zone coverage we're fucked. I'll be very interested to see how the Giants play D next week. My guess is 95% zone.
Nothing to pickup. That's the book on him and Detroit always plays more man. Why we weren't going to learn that much about Mitch's offseason in this game. Giants will have a lot of mixed zone looks and little film with the new DC and scheme. They weren't good last year but may tell us more about Mitch.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm saying I don't expect Mitch to be anything but what he's been in his career.
I kinda agree and it will be maddening but if he's enough of a better version of that he'll be viable while pissing us off.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
You guys are too much. Trubs throw 3 TDs and no picks and you give him shit because he didn't do enough early.

This is a pedestrian offense. No RB broke a big run (Mitch had the longest run of 20 yards). No screen pass broke for a big play. Nagy didn't call a great trick play for a big gainer.

Go watch the Chiefs or the Saints, they put up points, but Kamara or Edwards-Hilaire will rip off a huge run or 30-40 yard screen play for an easy score.

Until we get some plays like that on a consistent basis this is how the offense will look.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Bottom line is we were LUCKY to win that game and if Trubisky is at his best against Man coverage, then why did he do nothing against the man coverage in the first 3 quarters?

Once again Nagy comes out on opening day and the team looks flat, both sides of the ball. There is a lot to criticize in this game, but I would much rather get a Lucky "W" than play well and lose.

We get another team next week that was not very good on Defense last year, but could be improved and will play more zone. Foles will not be the starter, and Nagy needs to figure out how to get Trubisky hot early on.

I seem to remember in 2018 where they went to a no huddle (not hurry up) offense and Trubisky seem to do well, because he did not get much of a chance to overthink. It did force the other team to show him what formation he was facing early.

If Trubisky rattles off several wins in the first 7 games, is it just fools gold until he faces better defenses and offenses?

Glad we got the win but I'm still pessimistic when it come to Trubisky.

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
Yes, I wanted him to start the season over Foles. I was hoping something clicked and he would take the next step this year. He did not show me anything to prove that he did. 4th quarter was awesome and he deserves another start, but he should be in a short leash in my mind.
There has been more than enough snaps to know who Mitch is. The 4th quarter was nice. It happens. He is the same guy at core. The erratic play will continue. As long as the Bears win I'm happy.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Trubisky had 2 really bad plays. The missed wide open Miller on 3rd down in the 1st quarter and then that ridiculous sack and fumble play that really would have been the dagger against any competent team. Other than that, he was solid. He had that one near pick on the deep middle throw to Robinson where he actually fit the tight window and Robinson dropped it. He had 2 drops by Graham where he put the ball in a good location IMO. There was a lot of meh in there as well but like I said in another thread, 3 TDs and 0 INT with a 100 Rating will win you most games. Will he continue that? I have my doubts as the Lions are pretty bad on D. But it is a start atleast.

Add the 4th & 7 throw as well.

Throwthebones

Liked Posts:
Not just mitch but the whole team. The first half was basically all of the preseason. The rust still needs knocked off.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky had 4-5 horrible plays

-Ginn miss
-Kmet miss read
-Harris miss on the corner route in the endzone
-Sack fumble

He had a couple near misses

-Robinson sideline
-Miller sideline
-2 Graham which he should have caught

I thought the rest showed what we wanted.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He wasn't that bad early on.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
In the NFL, teams will pick up on this very quick. If Mitch can't throw in zone coverage we're fucked. I'll be very interested to see how the Giants play D next week. My guess is 95% zone.
You better believe they are mostly playing zone

shoez90

Liked Posts:
I have news for you, the Vikings’ defense sucks. Their corners are inexperienced and they lost Joseph up front. The player props on Rodgers and Adams today were like taking candy from a baby. We’ll see about the Packers.
are you seeing them whip Detroits ass?