Trubisky's accuracy beyond 10 yards

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Mitch can't do it early, or often.

But agreed, they should be much more aggressive on offense. This scheme is basically john shoop lite.

The key was doing it off play action with 1 read deep and 1 read short that’s when Mitch was able to see the medium yards pass and throw a strike.

Nagy not only doesn’t inspire faith in his players. He puts stress on them with his playcalling like Pagano.

We are back to fooling nobody.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
It was a poorly coached game, and you could see Nagy's shotgun tendencies creeping back into the playcalling.

We pretty much abandoned the PA bootleg in favor of the spread shotgun.. which did us no help to the run or passing game. Mitch does so much better on the edge, yet we moved away from that this game.

There really is no need to put this loss on Mitch, or the offense. We would have needed a good defensive game to give us a chance to win, and the defensive effort was far worse than Trubiskys and the offense. They allowed Rodgers a 147.9 QBR, nearly flawless, which is just disgusting.

I am putting this loss squarely where it is deserved, on our defense, which has underperformed the entire second half of the season. They didn't really even give us a chance in this game.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The key was doing it off play action with 1 read deep and 1 read short that’s when Mitch was able to see the medium yards pass and throw a strike.

Nagy not only doesn’t inspire faith in his players. He puts stress on them with his playcalling like Pagano.

We are back to fooling nobody.

Those stats are over the whole season so even when 4M was doing well. The fact is he sucks as a QB. The short shit works against bad teams.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
This is why you do it early and often and not when circumstances demand a long play.
Mitch continues to turn the ball over or miss the receiver when they do that.

He has poor accuracy on those throws and makes bad decisions on top of that.

There’s a reason the first time he faces an actually decent defense this year they are just begging him to throw the ball deep.

It’s because the Packers know what Nagy and lazor know: he can’t do it consistently enough to make a defense pay

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Those stats are over the whole season so even when 4M was doing well. The fact is he sucks as a QB. The short shit works against bad teams.
It works to even move the ball against good teams but when you get in the RZ you've gotta be able to make big time throws. Mitch can't make those throws, so it's basically a guaranteed field goal (or turnover) unless you're down near the goal line where you can run it in or score on some PA shit.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
While its easy to be angry about this loss and say "Mitch sucks" that really is not supported by facts.
He finished the season 21st out of 39 qualifying QBs (1000 passing yards+) with a 93.5 QBR.

That was better than Matt Ryan, Teddy Bridgewater or Jared Goff. Mitch grades out around the 47th percentile of total QBs in the league that saw significant action.

It is really tough to go deep in the playoffs without a top 5 or 6 QB unless you have a great defense. Roethlisberger is sitting at a 94.1 QBR, less than a point higher than Mitch, but sporting a top 3 defense. Completely different story.

Downvote all you want. Stats are stats. Mitch isn't horrible, and he isn't the reason we lost the game. Rodgers putting up a 147.9 QBR on our defense is why we lost. We could never complete in a shootout with GB, our defense had to make plays and they did not.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have ppl been paying attention since early 2018?

In the first year with Nagy, it was obvious to me he had accuracy issues that potentially were unfixable.

Anyone who's watched the game for a decade should have known this.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Have ppl been paying attention since early 2018?

In the first year with Nagy, it was obvious to me he had accuracy issues that potentially were unfixable.

Anyone who's watched the game for a decade should have known this.

He even showed deep ball problems in college.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
While its easy to be angry about this loss and say "Mitch sucks" that really is not supported by facts.
He finished the season 21st out of 39 qualifying QBs (1000 passing yards+) with a 93.5 QBR.

That was better than Matt Ryan, Teddy Bridgewater or Jared Goff. Mitch grades out around the 47th percentile of total QBs in the league that saw significant action.

It is really tough to go deep in the playoffs without a top 5 or 6 QB unless you have a great defense. Roethlisberger is sitting at a 94.1 QBR, less than a point higher than Mitch, but sporting a top 3 defense. Completely different story.

Downvote all you want. Stats are stats. Mitch isn't horrible, and he isn't the reason we lost the game. Rodgers putting up a 147.9 QBR on our defense is why we lost. We could never complete in a shootout with GB, our defense had to make plays and they did not.

No offense, but this post is the biggest load of crap I've read today.

Trubisky isn't a good QB. In fact, based on your own statistical research on QBR, he's still among the 3rd tier of starting QBs in that category. Throw in the fact that he isn't good enough to beat good football teams, he cant read defenses and his accuracy blows when he throws the ball 10 yards or more and it all adds up to Trubisky not being very good.

Twist it all you want, but Chicago isn't winning a damn thing with him under center anytime soon.

mecha

Liked Posts:
No offense, but this post is the biggest load of crap I've read today.

Trubisky isn't a good QB. In fact, based on your own statistical research on QBR, he's still among the 3rd tier of starting QBs in that category. Throw in the fact that he isn't good enough to beat good football teams, he cant read defenses and his accuracy blows when he throws the ball 10 yards or more and it all adds up to Trubisky not being very good.

Twist it all you want, but Chicago isn't winning a damn thing with him under center anytime soon.

I agree with you, but... what I took away was the comparisons to Matty Ice, Teddy "highest demand FA on CCS at a point" Bridgewater, and Jared "fuck off for" Goff that I'm certain was unanimously in everyone's beatoff mocks here 5 years ago.

if Pace finds some reason or way to sign Trubisky to a new deal after all of this, I don't know, I might completely tune out in 2021 again. this has been going on for a long time now, my patience have run out.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was a poorly coached game, and you could see Nagy's shotgun tendencies creeping back into the playcalling.

We pretty much abandoned the PA bootleg in favor of the spread shotgun.. which did us no help to the run or passing game. Mitch does so much better on the edge, yet we moved away from that this game.

There really is no need to put this loss on Mitch, or the offense. We would have needed a good defensive game to give us a chance to win, and the defensive effort was far worse than Trubiskys and the offense. They allowed Rodgers a 147.9 QBR, nearly flawless, which is just disgusting.

I am putting this loss squarely where it is deserved, on our defense, which has underperformed the entire second half of the season. They didn't really even give us a chance in this game.

This loss is on the terrible redzone %. You can't end up in the redzone that many times and come away with 1 TD and expect to beat Aaron Rodgers

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:

This is silly. Both are to blame. You’re not beating many teams scoring only 16 points, especially when you turn the ball over twice inside your own 30.

Mitch is bad, Bridgewater is bad, Goff is mediocre and Ryan is washed. Mitch’s QBR wouldn’t be what it is if his Completion % wasn’t inflated due to the amount of short passes the bears had him throwing.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Um since there are 32 starting spots then it means he is a below average starter as average would be 16 not 21st.

Further as noted his passer rating is inflated due to short passes and also due to fact bad teams make up a disproportionate number of teams he faced. Few QBs only face 1 good team (Packers) all year.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Statistically he fell in the middle of the league this year.

And while yes he has problems with the deep ball, he is effective in a play action offense which allows the QB to scramble.

The stats just do not back up your assertions that he is "horrible".