Trubisky's first start

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
As many of you know by now, monday will be Mitch Trubisky's first NFL start. He will match up against a tough Vikings defense in an all important divisional game.

Even with Trubisky at quarterback. The Bears can't getting carried away, and still need to stick to the game plan and bash the defense with their powerful run game. Although Trubisky will hopefully succeed where Glennon failed: spreading out the defense. The Vikings will be without Dalvin Cook and will hopefully give the Bears defense an advantage, so let's hope Mitch can drive the offense down the field and put some points on the board.

My question is: What would Mitch have to do to make you happy in his first start, and what do you think his stat line will look like?

My guess: 231 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
26 rush yards

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mitchell Trubisky is the least pro ready QB in the 2017 NFL draft class. He's going to have a rocky year but expect next year to be better. Less concerned about number more interested in him improving.

I would love to see the Bears somehow magically pull a trade for a real WR.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
600 yards, 5 touchdowns, -5 interceptions(yeah that's right, he's going to play 2-ways and get 5 interceptions!), and 200 rushing yards baby!

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
600 yards, 5 touchdowns, -5 interceptions(yeah that's right, he's going to play 2-ways and get 5 interceptions!), and 200 rushing yards baby!

Not that good.

He will only break the TD record tied by Watson on Sunday. He will pass for 5 TDs and rush for another 2.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I don't see at least three sets of titties unleashed at Soldier field for Mitch's first start he's a bust.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think 200+ passing. WRs are crap. Mostly to Cohen. Running game will be okay. Howard will do well. Trubisky will pass for 1 td, and Howard will run one in. Not a great start, but there will be flashes of greatness. I say at least one nice deep ball to Wright or Thompson.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
He will fumble the ball coming out from under center at least once... but he still play awesome.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he plays good, that's great. If not, at least, he'll be getting invaluable experience and setting this loser franchise up for success when they give him a HC and a wr or 2 worth a damn next year.

It's great to see QBs do very good from the very start but all is not lost if they stumble some. Look at Goff this year as compared to last. Get rid of the idiot HC and get him another viable weapon and suddenly he's lighting it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
How carried away they can get depends on what he shows and what the WRs show.
They absolutely cannot go dump off with him or it will be the same as it was with Glennon only slightly better because he can throw so the WRs aren't having to jump or stop to catch. But if everything is short it will hurt the run the same.
Get the defense having to spread out and we may see what Cohen can really do and maybe more will stick without a penalty.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
How carried away they can get depends on what he shows and what the WRs show.
They absolutely cannot go dump off with him or it will be the same as it was with Glennon only slightly better because he can throw so the WRs aren't having to jump or stop to catch. But if everything is short it will hurt the run the same.
Get the defense having to spread out and we may see what Cohen can really do and maybe more will stick without a penalty.

Glennon was even missing the correct short reads. Just improving on that will be a major step in the right direction. Plus, Trubisky's ability to slide or escape the pocket will really help out the o-line which was doing a good job to begin with. He'll make mistakes but this team has a solid o-line and good RBs. The TEs are a nice group and are all big targets. I think Wright and Wheaton will be good enough too. It's just exciting and next year Pace can shore up the wide receiver group and add to the o-line. He'll have the money to bring in a top WR and CB. I think the draft will afford him the opportunity to get a real nice prospect at OT.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Trubisky will be squished like a bug. RIP

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Glennon was even missing the correct short reads. Just improving on that will be a major step in the right direction. Plus, Trubisky's ability to slide or escape the pocket will really help out the o-line which was doing a good job to begin with. He'll make mistakes but this team has a solid o-line and good RBs. The TEs are a nice group and are all big targets. I think Wright and Wheaton will be good enough too. It's just exciting and next year Pace can shore up the wide receiver group and add to the o-line. He'll have the money to bring in a top WR and CB. I think the draft will afford him the opportunity to get a real nice prospect at OT.

I think Wright is a lot better than what fans give him credit for.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think Wright is a lot better than what fans give him credit for.

I believe he is too. I watch a ton of Big 12 football and I went to one of his games at TCU. That season all they (Baylor) had was him and RGIII. He was getting open all day even though they got their ass kicked. He's a good player.

MonkeyPox

Liked Posts:
He's not Glennon and can move in the pocket...thats enough. He's going to have a rough day likely but he's gotta start sometime.

Username

Liked Posts:
The Biscuit will refuse to run any plays not in the shotgun. If forced to play from under center, he'll start his cadence, take 5 steps back and then call for the ball to be hiked. He'll look for target, not see any, and scramble. This will work for about 3 plays and then it won't. He'll be carted off the field and then Sanchez will come in to lead us to know where. The fans will take a knee.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The Biscuit will refuse to run any plays not in the shotgun. If forced to play from under center, he'll start his cadence, take 5 steps back and then call for the ball to be hiked. He'll look for target, not see any, and scramble. This will work for about 3 plays and then it won't. He'll be carted off the field and then Sanchez will come in to lead us to know where. The fans will take a knee.

Aren't you the optimist.