Trubisky's Progression from week to week....stats and technique review

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
Once again, Modo, thanks for the work on turn overs and providing some real facts. I need to be sure I understand your chart.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
https://www.packers.com/video/can-t-miss-play-qb-rodgers-hits-wr-cobb-for-75-yard-td

Where are the bad angles and missed tackles? The most you can kind of say is Amos kinda messed up at like the 4 yard line. Floyd got twisted around in space 50 yards down the field.....

I noticed in the 2nd half of the Green Bay game that Cobb was wide open on a short pass between the backers and the safety and ran untouched for 6 points. Also the offensively deficient Cardinals had 2 early touch downs on poor or blown coverages. That is a problem we have to fix and is totally on Fangio. It made Rogers YAC look better and made Bradford look like an All Star.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
we always seem to have some busted play when Rodgers scrambles....

I don't necessarily think it is always us screwing up, sans Conte, but Rodgers is ridiculously good at extending plays and his receivers know to keep going......they are just that good.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
You are right about seeming to have a busted play when Rogers scrambles. I know he is good at extending plays. He has played with Cobb for a lot of years so they probably both know what the other is going to do. We need that consistency to be good as well. So many Coaches and schemes over and over. We were adrift without a franchise QB. This is why I believe in letting Trubisky struggle till he finally gets it. We need consistency in QB and receivers.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
that is absolutely another factor...it also depends on the defensive set the team was in, what play was called, what the reads were....we don't really have access to that type of info. Defenses disguise coverage and we don't know what the QBs reads are because we don't have access to the play book.

True but we can see what the defense actually DOES in coverage once the ball is snapped.

From there, we can see if any significant movement happened in the coverage (single high shifted to double high etc) and see if Trubisky read it or if there was NO shift at all and if the lack of YAC was dependent on bad accuracy or a bad read.

Then from there see if bad accuracy (which I figure has to be a high % of reasons for low YAC) is due to a bad plant, bad O line or good plant and protection but bad timing, etc.

The analysis could get deep. In the context of OP, I guess I am respectfully saying I appreciate the research but do not agree that a conclusion of progress being achieved in the first 3 weeks as acceptable imo.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky is on pace for

70% Completion

3780 Yards - 7.27 YPA

32 TDs and 12 INTs

4 Rushing TDs

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Trubisky is on pace for

70% Completion

3780 Yards - 7.27 YPA

32 TDs and 12 INTs

4 Rushing TDs

Thank you for talking me off the ledge after last week. I was so close to giving up on him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank you for talking me off the ledge after last week. I was so close to giving up on him

It may not have looked like it, but the arrow was going up each game he played in......I am sure he won't do what he did today again, but hopefully he'll keep up being effective down the field.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought his 2nd game was better than his 3rd. More of the bad in game 2 was the entire O not being in sync yet. Congrats on game 4. I know some will point to his misses but they all miss unless you're Rodgers or Brady.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Trubisky is on pace for

70% Completion

3780 Yards - 7.27 YPA

32 TDs and 12 INTs

4 Rushing TDs

Or Pace's career is on Trubisky if he can keep it up or improve on it.
That should come in handy at contract time.

I'm going to go with great improvement from "on pace" with last year's numbers included.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Trubisky is 5th in the NFL in completion percentage - 70%
Trubisky is tied for 10th in the NFL in TD passes - 8
Trubisky is 9th in the NFL in TD percentage - 6.2%
Trubisky is 10th in the NFL in QBR - 101.6% (higher than Aaron Rodgers)

and Jason La Canfora still sucks.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thankbanged for reminding people ol' lazy eye is sharp as river rocks.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

So, you are saying that he should be n the top 10 QB conversation if he doesn’t regress?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think that 'Passer Rating' and not 'QBR'.

Spirit Hartigan

Liked Posts:
So, you are saying that he should be n the top 10 QB conversation if he doesn’t regress?

This wasn't my quote, but I think Mitch has shown with his performance today that he is capable of being in that conversation if he continues to produce and tightens up some of those over throws. It was a treat today to finally see what the offense looks like when they produce like they should.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This wasn't my quote, but I think Mitch has shown with his performance today that he is capable of being in that conversation if he continues to produce and tightens up some of those over throws. It was a treat today to finally see what the offense looks like when they produce like they should.

He shows he certainly is capable of it...now he needs to be more consistent. The playbook simplification really seemed to allow for more concentration on fundamentals.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
101.6%...wow...are you sure that wasn't his rectal temperature?