TTNL guys are awesome

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think you switched sports there. Do you mean "just play quarterback and distribute the ball to your talented playmakers"?

I was making a cross-sport analogy; try to keep up. ?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I was making a cross-sport analogy; try to keep up. ?

I'm trying. It's really difficult with your posts. You're all over the place.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I hate Ryan Pace for forcing us into rationalizing Andy Dalton into a good QB, much like we did for Foles last season.

Hurr durr Dalton and Foles are the same quarterback because I hate them both hurr durr!

:brady:

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I hate Ryan Pace for forcing us into rationalizing Andy Dalton into a good QB, much like we did for Foles last season.
Phil never really goes on to say Andy Dalton is awesome or will be awesome with the Bears. What I gather though is that Phil likes him as a guy who can run the offense that Nagy wants to run as evidenced by Phil continually saying that "this is a play/concept that Matt Nagy loves and look at him execute the play."

When I watched the TTNL breakdown of Dalton, all that kept coming to me was that Nagy wants a guy to execute his offense the way the offense is designed to be. That means quick, accurate reads of the defense and then onto what's happening in the play to get the ball out quickly into the hands of the playmakers. We all know Trubisky struggled with reads, struggled with reading defenses and thus struggled with accuracy. It looks like Phil thinks Dalton has the ability to process what's happening pre and post-snap and then has the fundamentals and ability to deliver the ball where it needs to go.

It lines up with what I'm expecting Dalton to be: a solid QB who can execute the offense and take what the defense gives you. There's still going to be plenty on the defense to keep the score close because Dalton isn't going to be a guy you're looking to win games for you with his big arm and/or play making ability.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
TTNL is by far thest analysis of the Bears. Become a Patreon member of TTNL and get way more content. Awesome stuff. So many on this board could learn a lot from them
Exactly.....need to support these guys. They work regular jobs and then provide content

Last edited:

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Exactly.....need to support these guys. They work regularly jobs and then provide content

But.bu.but the Dalton haters say they selectively edit film just to make him look good!!!!!!

?

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But.bu.but the Dalton haters say they selectively edit film just to make him look good!!!!!!

?
I know...the dude played with a oline possibly worse than ours(injuries)....also it was a different system. That alone should help, with Lazor reconnection.

Just looks better than Mitch is all I believe

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Phil would break his own neck to suck himself off. His tape breakdowns are really good, I wish he’d just stfu sometimes,

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
both tackles and Martin were out.
people here just like to bitch because they are stuck in Wilson never never land

So...basically = Bears' tackle play the last several years.

People here just like to bitch. period.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Phil never really goes on to say Andy Dalton is awesome or will be awesome with the Bears. What I gather though is that Phil likes him as a guy who can run the offense that Nagy wants to run as evidenced by Phil continually saying that "this is a play/concept that Matt Nagy loves and look at him execute the play."

When I watched the TTNL breakdown of Dalton, all that kept coming to me was that Nagy wants a guy to execute his offense the way the offense is designed to be. That means quick, accurate reads of the defense and then onto what's happening in the play to get the ball out quickly into the hands of the playmakers. We all know Trubisky struggled with reads, struggled with reading defenses and thus struggled with accuracy. It looks like Phil thinks Dalton has the ability to process what's happening pre and post-snap and then has the fundamentals and ability to deliver the ball where it needs to go.

It lines up with what I'm expecting Dalton to be: a solid QB who can execute the offense and take what the defense gives you. There's still going to be plenty on the defense to keep the score close because Dalton isn't going to be a guy you're looking to win games for you with his big arm and/or play making ability.
To follow-up on what I said here, I think Pace/Nagy are looking for Andy Dalton to be their KC Alex Smith. Remember how Alex Smith piloted that offense under Andy Reid quite competently but they obviously eventually went on to grab Mahomes to try to take the offense to the next level. They could easily view Dalton as that guy for this year, maybe the following year as well while they grab a QB as early as in this year's draft to take over long-term.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Andy will be fine if the scheme gets guys open on early reads. With weird D's and progressions, he'll be meh. He's mobile enough and can make all the throws. Not the best at reads. He won't miss as many throws/reads as Mitch or forget where he is on the field. He'll also take enough risks though there's some famine that goes with that feast. Foles reads a bit better but that slow delivery and foot speed is a bigger issue. Dalton is an upgrade but that says more about what came before than anything else.

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
i dont care if mahomes is back there
Bears aint doing shit for years
A) Brady and Rogers
B ) Pace and Nagy
C) Theyre the Bears

get your heads out of your asses