Turco Starting Again?

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He does't have to clear waivers, they are putting him on waivers to be sent down for longer than the 14 day conditioning stint. Why they are doing that I am not 100% because TSN has Emery signing a two-way contract

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Um yes he does have to clear to be sent to the AHL.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
which is what i said for longer than 14 days

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why not Toivonen? I take a trade of Turco to be the FO punting on the season (which is understandable).

If you punt on the season (and realistically I think anyone that actually thinks the team wouldn't be quickly exited the playoffs if they were to start tomorrow would be wrong). . . so you go March and April with anyone who fits the pads as a backup - of course, it all depends upon what you get in return.

Think package -if moved. And as a backup or insurance, I'm sure Turco is movable ... I bet Philadelphia would have taken him over whats-his-name last season in a second. :)

Thinking the Hawks are an automatic first round exit is odd. I don't see the logic in proclaiming they can't put up a strong fight against Detroit or Vancouver in a 7 game series.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I said 'quick exit', not first round exit. The point being that I doubt their ability to repeat, if they make the playoffs (I also doubt they necessarily make the playoffs).

So I could see them moving Turco in a package if the FO decides that building for next season is a better option than what might likely be an uneventful playoff run this season.