Typical Bears

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love how they knew within days of the end of their last game they were needing a new DC whereas other teams were still trying to hire a new head coach.

Now Bears are STILL interviewing for a DC and other teams have not only hired their head coaches, but are starting to hire their coordinators.

And can someone explain how the bears had a guy in Brandon Staley, let him leave for Denver for the same fucking job, instead of making him their DC, and he’s now head coach?

Who the hell is evaluating these guys? How do you let someone with so much obvious potential leave when you had a position open to promote him into. Imagine if the last couple years the bears D looked the like Rams D under Staley!

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I love how they knew within days of the end of their last game they were needing a new DC whereas other teams were still trying to hire a new head coach.

Now Bears are STILL interviewing for a DC and other teams have not only hired their head coaches, but are starting to hire their coordinators.

And can someone explain how the bears had a guy in Brandon Staley, let him leave for Denver for the same fucking job, instead of making him their DC, and he’s now head coach?

Who the hell is evaluating these guys? How do you let someone with so much obvious potential leave when you had a position open to promote him into. Imagine if the last couple years the bears D looked the like Rams D under Staley!
counter point: pairing an inexperienced head coach with an inexperienced defensive coordinator could have ended very badly. That was why retaining Fangio in 2018 was so crucial.

NOBODY was talking about Staley for DC after Fangio left.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Probably because they didn't think he was ready to be a DC. Maybe he resigned from the Bears job to follow Fangio. Maybe he didn't like Nagy.

Prior to joining the Bears, his biggest job was DC for John Carroll University. I find it unlikely that given that pedigree you would have been over the moon about the Bears hiring him as DC following Fangio.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm guessing that a lot of these guys do not like working with Bald Julius and are making jumps at any opportunity. I can't remember staff kicking rocks so fast under any other coaching staff.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
What did you expect to happen? People with options will prefer to sign with a new staff so they don't have to look for a job and move their family again next year.

I called this to happen immediately after the end of the year presser. It was obvious people were going to jump ship.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Did you even know who Brandon Staley was in 2018?

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Who the hell is evaluating these guys?
sweaty_teddy.0.jpg

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts: