Typical Blackhawks in Yesterday's Loss

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blackhawks scored 5 goals as usual but they performed their typical routine on losing games.

Allow 4 goals, then commit a penalty with 3 minutes remaining, of course not be able to kill, take the game to a shootout, and of course proceed to lose that.

So typical :facepalm:

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wanna know whats going on with Kane in shootouts. For as awesome as he has been on the ice during the games this year, the guy has yet to score a shootout goal with 9 chances. As for the game, I enjoyed it almost entirely, besides the faceplant late in the game. I found myself cursing Seabrook a couple times, his slowness is starting to frustrate me.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wanna know whats going on with Kane in shootouts. For as awesome as he has been on the ice during the games this year, the guy has yet to score a shootout goal with 9 chances. As for the game, I enjoyed it almost entirely, besides the faceplant late in the game. I found myself cursing Seabrook a couple times, his slowness is starting to frustrate me.

I have no idea, he has been like a 40% guy in his career but this season has been strange. But how can you complain I guess, the dude is on fire in the 60 minute frame.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Defense, in general, hasn't been quite as good this year. I also think the quality of the goaltending has dipped a bit, even when Crawford was in there. The Hawks are scoring goals at an absurd rate, which is masking some of those flaws. Ya just worry if that'll continue in the postseason, when goals aren't quite as easy to come by.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I got a chance to catch yesterday's game -and in my opinion the team ought to try to lay off of the run and gun stuff - specifically I am talking about the first goal against -they were running all over the place - Brookbank (I think) got burned badly - and for my money trying for some clearing the zone type of plays is a little more useful when the big guys are not on the ice.

And make no mistake about it - the Hawks throwing the Toews line followed by their second line can be overwhelming for most teams (however the key term here is *most* teams. StL is not most teams any longer.

Some of the guys out there I think are trying to emulate the big guns (and they simply aren't up to it). Mostly I am talking about the defensemen. The forwards are largely playing about as well as can be expected.

Personally I think that at times they are not giving Raanta quite enough support -although he did give the team two shots to win it in the shootout.

Anyway - to sort of summarize it - there is no way that the team should have been in a position to have given up 5 against -that is something that they need to figure out. Personally I think they can -but... well, it still sorta stunk to lose that one.

It wasn't really that big of a contrast with the previous night's game- but sometimes I think the guys think that they are going to blow everyone out - and... well sometimes it works that way -others.... well, not so much.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I might be the only person here who isn't worried about this team come the playoffs.....

Think about it; this isn't last year which is what many are comparing this team to, its closer to the '10 Cup winning team, which had no problems scoring goals during the playoffs. The Hawks are rolling three scoring lines, its already a mis-match for other teams including St. Louis, so get this thought out of your minds that St. Louis is some sort of kryptonite for the Hawks, they aren't. Chances are they don't get past whomever it is they get in the first round. If goals suddenly become a premium, it isn't going to only effect the Hawks.

And secondly, I think the idea is bringing TT over once his year is done, and pushing Zeus down to the fourth line and getting rid of Bollig. Now, I don't know about any of you, but a fourth line without Bollig and having two centers on the checking line who can actually win a faceoff suddenly makes the PK a bit better then it has been so far this year. Plus the bonus of losing a complete plug.

tl:rd- Don't worry.

13-3!!!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I might be the only person here who isn't worried about this team come the playoffs.....

Think about it; this isn't last year which is what many are comparing this team to, its closer to the '10 Cup winning team, which had no problems scoring goals during the playoffs. The Hawks are rolling three scoring lines, its already a mis-match for other teams including St. Louis, so get this thought out of your minds that St. Louis is some sort of kryptonite for the Hawks, they aren't. Chances are they don't get past whomever it is they get in the first round. If goals suddenly become a premium, it isn't going to only effect the Hawks.

And secondly, I think the idea is bringing TT over once his year is done, and pushing Zeus down to the fourth line and getting rid of Bollig. Now, I don't know about any of you, but a fourth line without Bollig and having two centers on the checking line who can actually win a faceoff suddenly makes the PK a bit better then it has been so far this year. Plus the bonus of losing a complete plug.

tl:rd- Don't worry.

13-3!!!

I'd love to see a 4th line of Morin-Kruger-Smith.

Perhaps using "worry" was the wrong word choice. Let's just say the defense is something I'm keeping an eye on.

But I'm also not convinced the Blues have the firepower to hang with the Hawks in a 7-game series. They just can't score enough goals.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I'd love to see a 4th line of Morin-Kruger-Smith.

Perhaps using "worry" was the wrong word choice. Let's just say the defense is something I'm keeping an eye on.

But I'm also not convinced the Blues have the firepower to hang with the Hawks in a 7-game series. They just can't score enough goals.

Maybe that was the case in the past, but I believe they are second in the league when it comes to goals per game. They are a very solid team and they have a lot of quality players who can put the puck in the net. They don't necessarily have "studs" like the Blackhawks do, but they have a nice scoring by committee team. Blues are a tough team and they will only be tougher come playoff time. Right now, they have the confidence they need against the Blackhawks. A Blues vs Blackhawks series in the playoffs would be an amazing one to watch. Guess we will have to wait 40+ more games to find out.

There is no need to really worry about the Blackhawks right now. They are sitting in first place. Just like last year, there are still areas they can improve and may need to before the playoffs come around. At the end of the day, I would just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One thing I've learned over the years is that you never get too concerned over anything that happens in the regular season. Its long and filled with ups and downs but in the end all it serves to do is eliminate a handful of teams and seed the others for the tournament. Nice to get a good seed but not a necessity as team like the Hawks has proven time and again that it can and will win road games. The health of the players is about the only thing to worried about....and that's even more prevalent this year with the Olympics being in the mix.