Typical Guillen, Open Mouth and Insert Foot

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he'd just learn to shut his mouth, he may help his cause. Too bad he doesn't know what's good for him or his image.

SaberSox

Ass Man
Liked Posts:
Ozzie always opens his mouth; he rarely puts his foot in it. His "retraction" was a first.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Loulz to Ozzy
:obama:
Fidel-Castro.jpg

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I think it's rather amusing that a Venezuelan managed to piss off a bunch of Cubans that think they own Dade county to begin with.

Only in America.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have 0 problems w/what Ozzie said, in fact I miss him, but think Ventura is fine...

Those peeps in Miami need to get over it.
Only in that state, lol.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's rather amusing that a Venezuelan managed to piss off a bunch of Cubans that think they own Dade county to begin with.

Only in America.

Miami does have the biggest Cuban population outside of Cuba...so you know, no surprise they responded, to me anyway.

I read in the Sun Times today, that this wasn't the first time he praised Fidelito....he also praised him in 08, but nobody said nothin...cos you know, I don't know there bein many Cubans in the Chi

Last edited:

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
edit: not going down that road. my bad

back on topic...

Ozzie is a dumbass

Last edited:

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Miami does have the biggest Cuban population outside of Cuba...so you know, no surprise they responded, to me anyway.

I read in the Sun Times today that this wasn't the first time h praised Fidelito....he also praised him in 08, but nobody said nothin...cos you know, I don't know there bein many Cubans in the Chi

Meh, he didn't really praise Castro...the whole thing is being taken out of context. All that was really said was he admired one characteristic...staying power. And he probably made the relation b/c he was more or less fired last year.

As I have mentioned in the Bulls section, Miami is the Jerry Springer of media outlets...and there isn't much news down there to begin with so it's constantly created. I find it amusing b/c I used to work with Cubans there, and it doesn't take much to piss them off.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
edit: not going down that road. my bad

back on topic...

Ozzie is a dumbass

Honest is the best policy....guess not when you're Ozzie and work in a city fulla Cubans......

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh, he didn't really praise Castro...the whole thing is being taken out of context. All that was really said was he admired one characteristic...staying power. And he probably made the relation b/c he was more or less fired last year.

As I have mentioned in the Bulls section, Miami is the Jerry Springer of media outlets...and there isn't much news down there to begin with so it's constantly created. I find it amusing b/c I used to work with Cubans there, and it doesn't take much to piss them off.

Agree on that he praised castro's staying power...and the backward ass state he now operates in...

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Ozzie was wrong...if he'd said anything complimentary of Hitler, people would have been in an uproar too, including Gentiles (non-Jews). Plus, he is in Miami for pete's sake!

Imagine if he was in Atlanta and complimented J. Edgar Hoover or Strom Thurmond. He would have been in serious trouble with people who don't even show up for games. He is right to apologize.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ozzie was wrong...if he'd said anything complimentary of Hitler, people would have been in an uproar too, including Gentiles (non-Jews). Plus, he is in Miami for pete's sake!

Imagine if he was in Atlanta and complimented J. Edgar Hoover or Strom Thurmond. He would have been in serious trouble with people who don't even show up for games. He is right to apologize.

Agree completely.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:

He'd said it twice though before in 08. Nobody said anything then. Now If I had to rate the Dictators....I wouldn't put Fidel next to Hitler...that dudes on another level. But maybe next to Stalin and the Khamer Rouge.. And they just made a movie about JEH.

Idk... Fidel(and to a lesser extent Che) did do something I myself admire, so I guess I get Ozzie. Fidel was bad ass love em or hate em.

Ozzie been sayin shit about presidents. He's from the extreme leftist Venenzuela and Chavez. He mouthed off against Sean Penn, lol.

I haven't seen the apology but didn't he try to blame the media...English in particular?

Last edited:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
He'd said it twice though before in 08. Nobody said anything then. Now If I had to rate the Dictators....I wouldn't put Fidel next to Hitler...that dudes on another level. But maybe next to Stalin and the Khamer Rouge.. And they just made a movie about JEH.

Idk... Fidel(and to a lesser extent Che) did do something I myself admire, so I guess I get Ozzie. Fidel was bad ass love em or hate em.

Ozzie been sayin shit about presidents. He's from the extreme leftist Venenzuela and Chavez. He mouthed off against Sean Penn, lol.

I haven't seen the apology but didn't he try to blame the media...English in particular?

You got me on that one, I haven't read the transcript either. But I did hear Barry Rosen yesterday make two critical points about Ozzie:

1. Ozzie is not very bright at all outside of baseball...period.

2. Ozzie will be exposed more because the PR machine that Reinsdorf used to combat in negative press Ozzie got wouldn't exist in Florida, mainly because the owner down there is incompetent.

So Reinsdorf and geography are working against Ozzie. Ozzie could say those things locally and it wouldn't have made nearly as big a dent as it did in Miami.