U.K. fan travelling to Chicago for season opener !

Flinty1975

U.K. bear
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hey fellow bears Me and a few friends are going to Chicago September 3rd for 5 nights and to catch the game !
Any tips appreciated.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What are you looking for tips on - tickets, getting to the stadium, places to visit, accommodation, areas to hang out etc

A lot of good information on the forum but you'll get more if you can be specific about what sort of information you want to find. And what sort of things you and your mates are looking to do in Chicago

Flinty1975

U.K. bear
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What are you looking for tips on - tickets, getting to the stadium, places to visit, accommodation, areas to hang out etc

A lot of good information on the forum but you'll get more if you can be specific about what sort of information you want to find. And what sort of things you and your mates are looking to do in Chicago
Yeah sorry about that I suppose we have covered a lot but what’s the story come game day on Thursday do people gather in bars in the day like soccer over here ?
What time does tailgating usually start and would we be welcome ?
We have lots of things booked up to do -Willis, Hancock , river cruise , mob tour , soldiers field tour.
But it’s mainly the game day plan as it’s Thursday I guess most people will be at work in day .

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hey fellow bears Me and a few friends are going to Chicago September 3rd for 5 nights and to catch the game !
Any tips appreciated.

1. Don't wear your Jermyn Street clothing to the game - it will get messed up
2. Don't go the full other route with your tracksuits and "trainers" there is not really a Chav scene here.
3. Socks full of coins and other homemade melee weapons are forbidden at Soldier field

Flinty1975

U.K. bear
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
1. Don't wear your Jermyn Street clothing to the game - it will get messed up
2. Don't go the full other route with your tracksuits and "trainers" there is not really a Chav scene here.
3. Socks full of coins and other homemade melee weapons are forbidden at Soldier field
I’ll be wearing salute to service cap and urlacher jersey will that do ?!!! ?

Flinty1975

U.K. bear
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

We are staying in Pilsen

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah sorry about that I suppose we have covered a lot but what’s the story come game day on Thursday do people gather in bars in the day like soccer over here ?
What time does tailgating usually start and would we be welcome ?
We have lots of things booked up to do -Willis, Hancock , river cruise , mob tour , soldiers field tour.
But it’s mainly the game day plan as it’s Thursday I guess most people will be at work in day .

Yes people will get together at bars downtown and around the stadium. I like Reggie's Rock Club, near the stadium and they likely have a trolley to get you there.

Tailgating starts before the game and you'd be welcome just don't tell anyone you are French Canadian.

Don't leave without getting a good Italian Beef. I'd suggest Bari on Grand Ave so you can get a really decent beef and a fantastic Italian sub in one stop.

Flinty1975

U.K. bear
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Cool thanks we will head there before game and yes I’ve heard all about the beef sandwiches and portillos too ?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
@Grimson might help you find some good wing places in the city if you like wings but there's a Buffalo Wings and Rings in Bridgeport...

Flinty1975

U.K. bear
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Send me in the direction of hot wings !!!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Cool thanks we will head there before game and yes I’ve heard all about the beef sandwiches and portillos too ?
potillos is low tier imo unless u want a hotdog I guess. but they LOVE portillos in IOWA

@HawkBear

Flinty1975

U.K. bear
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah we have to when in Rome and that !
Giordinos for pizza ?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah we have to when in Rome and that !
Giordinos for pizza ?
NO.

Lou Malnatis for a deep dish but if you want a real chicago thin crust near Pilsen go to Phil's in Bridgeport.

Flinty1975

U.K. bear
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ok yeah heard of that, man I can’t wait to get over there so much planned and the game will be electric, I get to see bears home and away in some season ?

Flinty1975

U.K. bear
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
*same

Flinty1975

U.K. bear
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Please do