Uh oh Leno....

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Pace didn’t answer a question directly?? It has to mean something significant!! ?
Lol right because usually gms and coaches are quick to announce a player will have no competition or is going to be released. It's post draft overreacting time

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
He can save 9 million if designated as post June 1st cut. That makes sense if they have a replacement
Oh man....they'd better have another LT they can get somehow then. Unless they think Jenkins at LT day 1 while Ifedi is their RT.

I'd rather not do that.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh man....they'd better have another LT they can get somehow then. Unless they think Jenkins at LT day 1 while Ifedi is their RT.

I'd rather not do that.

I think the Bears are hoping the two tackles they drafted can go left and right

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Me too but his contract is paid in full after this season and has one more year in his deal. . I hate the guy but at least you know what you have and it’s valuable depth..

Canth

Liked Posts:
Eh, I listened to the press conference. IMO, it was a bit of a trap/bait question that Pace gave a non answer to - just that they think Teven Jenkins can play both sides. I would be shocked to see them move on from Leno this year. Next year, different story. But, they just really improved the offensive line and there is seemingly even some depth to it to work with - why screw that up?

I get that a lot of people are tired of Leno - but there really isn't anyone else out there available that is definitely better. I don't get statements like, cut him now to get someone else next year. So, what the hell is the plan then for 2021? You can't just cut your LT because you might be able to get someone better a year later.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Eh, I listened to the press conference. IMO, it was a bit of a trap/bait question that Pace gave a non answer to - just that they think Teven Jenkins can play both sides. I would be shocked to see them move on from Leno this year. Next year, different story. But, they just really improved the offensive line and there is seemingly even some depth to it to work with - why screw that up?

I get that a lot of people are tired of Leno - but there really isn't anyone else out there available that is definitely better. I don't get statements like, cut him now to get someone else next year. So, what the hell is the plan then for 2021? You can't just cut your LT because you might be able to get someone better a year later.
Okung or fisher. Maybe villanueva

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A

Who cares If the rookies lack this or that atm. Trial by fire. Let them learn and develop on the field. If it gets Dalton/Foles killed, so what. They'll still be better prepared once Justin hits the Field, thats the end goal

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
What would REALLY make sense is to extend AR and open cap space AND lockup our best offensive player...... but what do I know? :)
I really thought A-Rob was getting dealt prior/during the draft. There were only so many teams that could absorb his tag number (Bengals being one), but now I think the Bears will try to work out a long term deal with him (again).

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who cares If the rookies lack this or that atm. Trial by fire. Let them learn and develop on the field. If it gets Dalton/Foles killed, so what. They'll still be better prepared once Justin hits the Field, thats the end goal
Oh its all fun and games while Dalton/Foles gets killed....Fields would have to play then. No thanks.