Ultimate All Star Teams (1st Base - AL)

Who is the best 1st Baseman in the American League?

• Miguel Cabrera (DET)

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Mark Teixeira (NYY)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Adrian Gonzalez (BOS)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Paul Konerko (CHW)

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really cannot believe Migual Cabrera is such the overwhelming favorite.

I am going to eliminate Konerko right off the bat. He's a very good player, but lets be honest he isn't in the class of the other three.

Teixiera is good, but probably not as good as the other two as well.

Miggy and A-Gon are very similar to be honest. wRC+ gives Miggy the edge since 2009 of 157-150. OPS+ is also similar, with Miggy being much better in 2010, but A-Gon better in 2009. WAR since the beginning of 2009 is also very close giving the edge to A-Gon (due to his slightly better defense) 13.6-13.2.

I think these two are a LOT closer than a 9-0 vote suggests, and I think they are far and away the two best players on the list. I'd probably go with Miggy if I had to pick though.

Also I know he isn't playing 1B right now, but I would take Youklis over Tex and Konerko as well.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
make polls public next time x-factor if your gonna continue these

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
make polls public next time x-factor if your gonna continue these

not sure why it matters, but that can be arranged.

Lock these threads...the votes have been counted.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I really cannot believe Migual Cabrera is such the overwhelming favorite.

I am going to eliminate Konerko right off the bat. He's a very good player, but lets be honest he isn't in the class of the other three.

Teixiera is good, but probably not as good as the other two as well.

Miggy and A-Gon are very similar to be honest. wRC+ gives Miggy the edge since 2009 of 157-150. OPS+ is also similar, with Miggy being much better in 2010, but A-Gon better in 2009. WAR since the beginning of 2009 is also very close giving the edge to A-Gon (due to his slightly better defense) 13.6-13.2.

I think these two are a LOT closer than a 9-0 vote suggests, and I think they are far and away the two best players on the list. I'd probably go with Miggy if I had to pick though.

Also I know he isn't playing 1B right now, but I would take Youklis over Tex and Konerko as well.

As far as the bolded goes, I had Youk originally in there, but didn't feel right having two 1b from the same team as options.