Under 24 Hours Remain: Trade Deadline Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
discuss the sox or any other team as the final days of the ability to make non waiver trades.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want Josh Johnson bad. (wont happen)

Buehrle would be sweet.

Greinke is going to cost a lot and is going to be a FA but if KW does it im good.

There is another guy as I have mentioned before that I think KW can possibly get as a long shot and he is not in any rumors still. Again, only one user here knows my thoughts and thats 901. If he gives away my secret dark horse pick i will never :fap: to pictures of him again.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I think Greinke will come. Somehow, someway.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
my first choice in sp is (only you know) and i kinda want josh johnson alot!

Sent from my Fischs grocery store using Tapatalk

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
That would be huge if we could land a big name SP. ZG or Johnson would make us the favorites I think.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Well, we'd have your guy for two more years. Which is a plus.

I think whomever we get is going to cost Viciedo, only becuase KW seemed annoyed that he didn't know Ichiro wasn't on the block. Why else would he need another OFer?

So I figure if they trade for someone they'll bring an OFer with them

Zack Greinke + Norichika Aoki ?
Johnson/Buehrle + Lomo?

etc.

Keep in mind those are speculations, so no "ZOMG THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN, Special person!!!1"

We shall see:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
That glut of pitching that was there 3 days ago seems to be thinning out pretty quick with Sanchez, Hamels, Rodriguez and Dempster effectively off the market. The Marlins might go full blown rebuild, but the word seemed to be that they would trade either or of Sanchez and Johnson. The Rays might move a pitcher too, but it does seem to be a sellers market given the pieces that have gotten moved in the most recent trades.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
That glut of pitching that was there 3 days ago seems to be thinning out pretty quick with Sanchez, Hamels, Rodriguez and Dempster effectively off the market. The Marlins might go full blown rebuild, but the word seemed to be that they would trade either or of Sanchez and Johnson. The Rays might move a pitcher too, but it does seem to be a sellers market given the pieces that have gotten moved in the most recent trades.

Johnson and Grienke are still on the market but I would have to agree with you, the lack of pitchers remaining on the market will definitely inflate the price team will have to pay.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Johnson and Grienke are still on the market but I would have to agree with you, the lack of pitchers remaining on the market will definitely inflate the price team will have to pay.

I think the Marlins will listen on JJ, but I think the odds of them moving has gone way down following the Marlins getting Jacob Turner for Sanchez-Infante. Also the Braves are out on Dempster now so that most likely means they are all in on Greinke, and if they were dangling Delgado for Dempster...

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Well, we'd have your guy for two more years. Which is a plus.

I think whomever we get is going to cost Viciedo, only becuase KW seemed annoyed that he didn't know Ichiro wasn't on the block. Why else would he need another OFer?

So I figure if they trade for someone they'll bring an OFer with them

Zack Greinke + Norichika Aoki ?
Johnson/Buehrle + Lomo?

etc.

Keep in mind those are speculations, so no "ZOMG THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN, Special person!!!1"

We shall see:
ZOMG THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN, Special person!!!1

:umad:

:cubstroll:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everything that has been said leads me to mean the Braves are all in on Greinke. I don't rule anything out, but if we are talking about a deal that involves pieces not on 25 man roster than the Braves have more to offer.

Also I am shocked that Millwood's name isn't out there at all given his free agent to be status and Mariners state trading face of the franchise, even if he sucks now.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trading for Buehrle would be awkward as fuck.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would. It would also just be really weird.

yeah but there wasnt a falling out. MB called jerry with the offer he got from miami and JR said to go, MB replied back with "il be back in 4 years"

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I don't think that's how the Marlins operate. :lol:

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah but there wasnt a falling out. MB called jerry with the offer he got from miami and JR said to go, MB replied back with "il be back in 4 years"

Link t that happening? Or else tell me how you found that out because I never heard that...if true...:yeah:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Link t that happening? Or else tell me how you found that out because I never heard that...if true...:yeah:

google "jerry reinsdorf" see contraction article. again its not hard to use google or the internet.

Sent from my Fischs grocery store using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.