Under 24 Hours Remain: Trade Deadline Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he is signed through 2013. not like he is locked up for 3 years or anything.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
he is signed through 2013. not like he is locked up for 3 years or anything.

And so they don't have to move him. They might settle, but their price has been ridiculous so far. We will see.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jerry Crasnick‏@jcrasnick

Kenny Williams made 3 July trades despite a farm system that's routinely called the 30th best in baseball. #whitesox

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
And got outbid for the pitcher he really wanted because of that 30th rated farm system...

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And got outbid for the pitcher he really wanted because of that 30th rated farm system...

Very, very true. I'm not going to pretend like the Meyers and Liriano trade were amazing deals, or amazing returns. The only really good deal was Youk and that's because of the price tag.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look Kenny deserves kudos for accomplishing what he has, but the Greinke deal showed what most of us have been saying. That is if other teams want to outbid the Sox they can, and that goes for just about every other team in baseball. The Sox have made some nice moves to shore up a division leading club and that shouldn't be underestimated, but that is because KW being willing to take chances other clubs aren't not because people are wrong about the Sox farm.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look Kenny deserves kudos for accomplishing what he has, but the Greinke deal showed what most of us have been saying. That is if other teams want to outbid the Sox they can, and that goes for just about every other team in baseball. The Sox have made some nice moves to shore up a division leading club and that shouldn't be underestimated, but that is because KW being willing to take chances other clubs aren't not because people are wrong about the Sox farm.

I agreed with you, not sure where you were going with this besides stating the obvious :)

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agreed with you, not sure where you were going with this besides stating the obvious :)

Wasn't really directing it at you, but mostly trying to clarify my statement above before the usual :troll: posts get started.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wasn't really directing it at you, but mostly trying to clarify my statement above before the usual :troll: posts get started.

Ahhh, gotcha, being thorough! My bad! While your statement summed things up perfectly, I just assumed it was general knowledge. I guess biases will always exist in the mind of every fan base :)

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think a package of Floyd, Mitchell, and a pitcher of some sort either up in the pen or down in the minors could do it.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ahhh, gotcha, being thorough! My bad! While your statement summed things up perfectly, I just assumed it was general knowledge. I guess biases will always exist in the mind of every fan base :)

you havent been here in a while. dabs has to remind us about our farm system on a daily basis. it gets old after a while and he wonders why I dig into the cubs.

worry about your awesome mid pack farm while I worry about my favorite MLB team being in a race in august.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jerry Crasnick‏@jcrasnick

Kenny Williams made 3 July trades despite a farm system that's routinely called the 30th best in baseball. #whitesox

anyway league is now pitching for seattle

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

This is why I posted what you quoted in that post
you havent been here in a while. dabs has to remind us about our farm system on a daily basis. it gets old after a while and he wonders why I dig into the cubs.

worry about your awesome mid pack farm while I worry about my favorite MLB team being in a race in august.
As per board policy according to you calling it like you see it is acceptable which everyone who isn't a :homer: can tell you is right, but whatever standard Dewz response whenever anyone Cubs disagress on something is Cubz suck and stuffz.

Last edited:

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well, I haven't been around, very correct... but dabs is a knowledgeable fan and seems like he has a good handle on where his Cubs MLB team is at and where the farm system is at. I'd just let it drop and everyone can bask in the glory of the strengths of their particular favorite organization :)

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the clock is ticking now to the final stretch of this deadline. I cant wait to see what happens

B Daniel

Liked Posts:
waiting til the trade line is over to come up with a post for trade deadline winners and losers but as of right now the white sox are definitely one of the winners in MLB this year. the white sox are 1.5 game up and will look to make a run for the playoffs. Can they make any more small moves that will make an impact in September?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If that salary wasnt so fucking stupid Id trade for Beckett in a heartbeat. Rumor has it he is available. fuck!

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I dont think that we land another starter, just my guess though. I think were in a good spot with position players, so if we can land a veteran arm in the pen id be happy!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont think that we land another starter, just my guess though. I think were in a good spot with position players, so if we can land a veteran arm in the pen id be happy!

there was a rumor that floyd would get moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.