Under 24 Hours Remain: Trade Deadline Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grab Some Bench!

Liked Posts:
Bench help needed

discuss the sox or any other team as the final days of the ability to make non waiver trades.

I still think bench help is needed. And the Cubs are the best place to look for that. Joe Mather can play 1st, 3rd, OF, and hit with power...Jeff Baker can hit with some consistency and play Corner OF and IF...

I think they'd both be cheap pickups and I hope KW explores them.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still think bench help is needed. And the Cubs are the best place to look for that. Joe Mather can play 1st, 3rd, OF, and hit with power...Jeff Baker can hit with some consistency and play Corner OF and IF...

I think they'd both be cheap pickups and I hope KW explores them.

depends on theo. he seems to really try to fleece teams.

I have a feeling hudson will be DFA soon. sad, but i think it happens.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that the Sox could make another move for a starter, but even if they don't I'm happy with what KW has done so far this season.

Youkilis, Myers, and Liriano. Sox needed an upgrade in those three spots and he went out and did it.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
reports have KW seeking a bat. no more arms. I wish we were getting another starter....I wanted floyd gone!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
watch Quintana will throw awesome again tonight and will be dealt after the game.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
A bat for the bench or to be a starter? I cant imagine who in the starting lineup would be dealt.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A bat for the bench or to be a starter? I cant imagine who in the starting lineup would be dealt.

ESPN was saying today "significant" bat which I have no clue what the fuck that means.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was thinking Baker for you guys, but he doesn't play SS. He can probably, but doesn't. That's why that guy was called up, so he can play SS.

But I was thinking this ... can Beckham play SS? If so, he can be your backup SS and then Baker would make sense. Let Baker play 2B to give Beckham days off. Then if Alexi needs a day off or 2, Beckham plays SS. Especially agianst a lefty, best day to give Beckham a day off.

If Beckham can play SS. I thought he may have came up as a SS, but couldn't not remember (that or 3B). Just a suggestion of my thinking.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes he was a SS but with the combo of him and ramirez and their defense I doubt they experiment with that now. Who is the cubs backup SS? For some reason Im drawing a blank as it seems that castro and ramirez never get a day off.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
ESPN was saying today "significant" bat which I have no clue what the fuck that means.

Well to me that seems like we are gonna try to guy that can make an impact. I just dont know who we get rid of.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, there's not really any out there either...

all the rumors this deadline have been pitching and more pitching. crazy market but its fun watching all the teams scramble to make deals.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well to me that seems like we are gonna try to guy that can make an impact. I just dont know who we get rid of.

right, i dont think you mess with the lineup IMO. Viciedo is 23 and will only get better, de aza has been great leading off, Rios is playing out of his mind, youk not going anywhere, ramirez and his defense along with beckham....i see nothing that is worth dealing for right now. If im the GM I deal Floyd and specs for another starter. For some odd reason teams like floyd....why? I dunno.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes he was a SS but with the combo of him and ramirez and their defense I doubt they experiment with that now. Who is the cubs backup SS? For some reason Im drawing a blank as it seems that castro and ramirez never get a day off.

Darwin Barney. He got a day off this year (Castro) and Barney played SS. Barney eventually wen to 2B later in the game as Castro entered the game.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
all the rumors this deadline have been pitching and more pitching. crazy market but its fun watching all the teams scramble to make deals.

Yeah, that's when teams become desperate and overpay or a team just takes the best deal. That's why July 31st is always a busy day with the news. So, later tonight/tomorrow morning is when moves/rumors will pick up.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I think if we move anyone for a bat it will be Gordon Beckham. Just my guess. Maybe Tank but only if we land a real big bat in return.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Not sure if this was posted already but

Latest On Brandon League
By Tim Dierkes [July 30, 2012 at 2:02pm CST]
2:02pm: The White Sox, Rangers, Giants, Dodgers, and other clubs are in on League, writes Scott Miller of CBS Sports.

11:19am: The Giants are still involved on Mariners reliever Brandon League, tweets Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports, adding along with colleague Ken Rosenthal that the Dodgers inquired. Yesterday afternoon, Morosi tweeted that the Mariners were discussing League with multiple teams.

League, 29, has a 3.63 ERA, 5.4 K/9, 3.8 BB/9, 0.20 HR/9, and 46.9% groundball rate in 44 2/3 innings this year. He's allowed just one home run despite the lowest groundball rate of his career. League has $1.71MM remaining on his contract and will be eligible for free agency after the season. His earning power was hurt a bit by the loss of the Mariners' closing job in late May.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if we move anyone for a bat it will be Gordon Beckham. Just my guess. Maybe Tank but only if we land a real big bat in return.

tank has a lot of value. being 23 with an awesome arm and pop in his bat. I really dont want to move him.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, that's when teams become desperate and overpay or a team just takes the best deal. That's why July 31st is always a busy day with the news. So, later tonight/tomorrow morning is when moves/rumors will pick up.

calm before the storm. hope the demp craziness doesnt affect theo moving other guys. he can unload a ton tomorrow if he wanted to.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
tank has a lot of value. being 23 with an awesome arm and pop in his bat. I really dont want to move him.

It would have to be for a young OF who can play or even a SP if you think Jordan Dankes can start. Not for Pence types who is available. To be honest, there's not one of that type available.

So, do you think Danks can start?

Status
Not open for further replies.