Undrafted free agent signings

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cherry looked like he knew every play coming and shot through blockers like a RB hitting a hole. Great ST coverage too. Should contribute immediately

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Per ROTOWORLD:

Roy Robertson-Harris - DL - Bears

Bears signed UTEP DE Roy Robertson-Harris.

Robertson-Harris (6'6/255) made 33 starts for the UTEP Miners, logging 24 career tackles for loss and 10.5 sacks. He turned in a strong Pro Day workout, running 4.8-flat with a 35-inch vertical and 9-foot-11 broad jump. Lean, long armed, and plenty athletic, Robertson-Harris should've been a more dominant college player considering his physical prowess. He's a ball of clay his NFL coaching staff will try to mold into a useful edge player.

May 1 - 1:04 PMMay 1 - 1:04 PM

Kevin Peterson - DB - Bears

Bears signed Oklahoma State CB Kevin Peterson.

Peterson (5'10/181) started all four years for the Cowboys, earning first-team All-Big 12 as a senior. Although Peterson registered solid broad (10'1") and vertical (35 1/2") jumps at the Combine, he managed a 4.66 forty-yard dash. Peterson doesn't run well enough to play on the NFL perimeter, and lacks the strength and tackling consistency to operate in the slot. He was a good college player who's not going to make it in the pros.

May 1 - 1:01 PM

Taveze Calhoun - DB - Bears

Bears signed Mississippi State CB Taveze Calhoun.

Calhoun (6'0/192) made 36 starts for the Bulldogs, logging 12 career tackles for loss, six interceptions, and three forced fumbles. He demonstrated average athleticm at the Combine, managing a 4.58 forty and 33 1/2-inch vertical. Known as a high-character player at Mississippi State, Calhoun is an underwhelming pro prospect who got beat deep too often in the SEC and defended the run poorly. He'd do well to carve out a career as a No. 4 corner.

May 1 - 12:58 PM

As I read it....ROTOWORLD....ranks our UDFAs....as a......."Good Project"........""Sucks"..........."Blows"............

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
I read them as putting Calhoun above Peterson, 4th or 5th corner (in a couple of years) is not bad at all for an UDFA.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Adam Hoge
Adam Hoge – Verified account ‏@AdamHoge

If all the reported UDFA signings are to be believed, the #Bears roster would be at 93. Limit is 90. So expect some cuts to be made.

and now we know who the cuts were.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I didn't see it posted but here's Don Cherry's highlight tape

[video=youtube;y292eXrF43o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y292eXrF43o[/video]

Should look to add quality depth @ the LB position.
Starting at 1:25, there are 2 nice plays.

The first one seems nicer than it is. It appears that he tanks a lineman and then crushes the rb. In reality, someone who is pulling falls on the legs of the man blocking him, causing the blocker to crumble to the ground. The tackling of the rb was still nice.

The next play is awesome. He takes on the lead blocker, puts him on his ass, and then tackles the rb with some help.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
What can we expect from this class? Well to start here are some 2015 UDFA contributors from last years class:

John Timu – 21 tackles and in 3 starts
Jonathan Anderson – 11 games played, 3 games started – 36 tackles, 2 passes defended, 1 interception
Cameron Meredith – 11 games played, 11 catches for 120 yards
Harold-Jones Quartey – (claimed off of waivers from Cardinals) – 13 games played, 4 games started, 25 tackles, 2 passes defended and 1 interception

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What can we expect from this class? Well to start here are some 2015 UDFA contributors from last years class:

John Timu – 21 tackles and in 3 starts
Jonathan Anderson – 11 games played, 3 games started – 36 tackles, 2 passes defended, 1 interception
Cameron Meredith – 11 games played, 11 catches for 120 yards
Harold-Jones Quartey – (claimed off of waivers from Cardinals) – 13 games played, 4 games started, 25 tackles, 2 passes defended and 1 interception

Bruce Gaston, played in the rotation.
Bryce Callahan, starting NB

broughtupbears

Liked Posts:
I still give the unreal chasing down the RB to Billings (look at the 1:56 mark)

[video=youtube;afNZkUuJqhA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afNZkUuJqhA[/video]
I watched that thinking we picked him up as an undrafted free agent. I was thinking steal of udfa...

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
Who is this kid w/the twitter name "Braveheart"? He said thanks to the Bears for the chance to be on the 53. Said he ran 4.4 against the wind and would have been in the 4.3's without the wind.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Who is this kid w/the twitter name "Braveheart"? He said thanks to the Bears for the chance to be on the 53. Said he ran 4.4 against the wind and would have been in the 4.3's without the wind.

That's Daniel Braverman's twitter account apparently.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
I didn't think it was because it showed a guy that looked black,guess he's a chameleon also!!!!!!

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Chris Emma ‏@CEmma670 19m19 minutes ago
Bears were fortunate to sign Roy Robertson-Harris after the draft. The OLB fielded 40 phone calls. Packers and Vikings were runners-up.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears were fortunate to sign Roy Robertson-Harris after the draft. The OLB fielded 40 phone calls. Packers and Vikings were runners-up.

What is up with the Bears and them liking players with hyphenated names? On a side note I'm excited by this pick up

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

so...every NFL team and what...some of Canada and Europe?