Unprecedented lack of recognition and respect... means?

mac bear

Liked Posts:
I'm Canadian.

Put away the torches, please. I've said it before... it's only relevant due to the point I want to make that many of you, particularly in the Chicago region might not be aware of.

Internationally, there has been an unprecedented lack of recognition and respect for the Bears. Maybe in Chicago you all hear news and views and the Bears are, albeit in the shadow of the Hawks, and maybe Cubs this year, but up here... it's fucking insane how little we're hearing.

This is not a Montreal thing, or Canadian. It's probably across the board. My question is... what does it mean for this year?

Is it fuel to make us better, or is just that this team is truly shit.

Either way, it smells.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
Examples: Bud light has these new cans, the commercial is on, and it flashes across all the 'new 'team' cans'... the slogan is, a can for every team, or some stupid shit like that. First of all, if I'm a goddamn fan, why am I drinking light beer, c'mon man. Secondly, and importantly for this thread, as it flashes, I paused the commercial, cause I wanted to see the Bears can. Maybe I missed it, one of the first, as they're all lined up. I went through it a few times, and couldn't see the Bears' can. Hmmm.

I may be wrong, but I did do it a few times.

I can watch Fox, CBS, NBC, I have the NFL network, and have a slew of sports networks up here. It's not igloos and beer. Got it?

I'm watching all the segments I can see, Inside the NFL, the Season Preview show, preseason games, the opening game, you name it. I love the NFL, cherish the Bears, and watch it all.

I've noticed for years, the quick segments tend to have very few Bears' shots. BUT, over the past few years, there were at least a few. In the preview commercials, many teams flash and flash... plays here and there, 'are you ready for some football' shit pop tunes playing, hype hype crap, right? Usually a shot of Cutler pouting or being sacked, Forte making a move, maybe, and particularly, Marshall making a catch.... and old Urlacher hit?

This year... NOTHING.

And so, I've really kept watching. Inside the NFL, with Brandon Marshall still there (sidebar: are they calling for the heads of the head coach of Jets, and GM for letting him still do that show?), and they had a review of Camp NFL films thing... a review of last year, NFL Films thing, AND a Preview of this year, NFL Films thing... and NOT ONE CUT of the Bears... I'm convinced that every other team got recognized. At least a shot.

Bears, this year, NOTHING.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
So, my question to all is, what does this mean?

I know it's going to be a tough haul for the Bears this year. Opening day will say a tremendous amount, of course.

But I don't think they are as bad as to deserve NO mention, no recognition. In ads, in previews, reviews, commentary. I know the party favs... Pats, the Rodgersss, the Cowboys, the Eagles now, New England again, maybe Seattle, a bit, back to the Pack, Peterson, sure, Minnie... it's almost silly. Still, over the years, there has been some Bears footage. Some commentary.

Jeffery is probable or questionable Sunday.

That's it.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
I hope it fuels the fires. Someone, get pissed off.

Chicago fans, going to the game... BE SO FUCKING LOUD THAT YOU WAKE UP THE REST OF THE WORLD.

PLEASE.

Cheers.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
Not unprecedented unless you've only watched the bears since 2006

No, we've had bad runs, and I've gotten a kick out of it. But, I feel this year it's on another level.

Bears fan since 1980 specifically.

Cheers.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
I just went for spreading it out in multiple spurts. Too many freak out about long winded threads. I'm long winded, or it takes a while to build context. Some like it, most...

But I wasn't trying to hurt you.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just went for spreading it out in multiple spurts. Too many freak out about long winded threads. I'm long winded, or it takes a while to build context. Some like it, most...

But I wasn't trying to hurt you.

I'm not wounded by you... yet.

Great thoughts, honestly. Just kinda scattered all over the realm.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
My wife is from Vietnam and basically in every Southeastern Asian country, no one knows who any NFL team is except the Cowboys.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I live in the, self-proclaimed, State of Hockey. I don't hear shit about the Canucks here. Should I question why at Canucks.com? Does this mean the Canucks will be terrible this year?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Bears are irrelevant, that's why

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
I'm Canadian.

Put away the torches, please. I've said it before... it's only relevant due to the point I want to make that many of you, particularly in the Chicago region might not be aware of.

Internationally, there has been an unprecedented lack of recognition and respect for the Bears. Maybe in Chicago you all hear news and views and the Bears are, albeit in the shadow of the Hawks, and maybe Cubs this year, but up here... it's fucking insane how little we're hearing.

This is not a Montreal thing, or Canadian. It's probably across the board. My question is... what does it mean for this year?

Is it fuel to make us better, or is just that this team is truly shit.

Either way, it smells.

year after year around here fans think "flying under the radar" is a good thing..it feeds the hunger and fire..it angers the time and wields them to greatness

but year after year the team is mediocre and simply does nothing but fly under the radar..other than last year when the team was poised for a breakout but became a joke

what does it mean?..nothing

mac bear

Liked Posts:
Touche to all the comments on the international thing. Got it.

Ok, how about, does anyone else (relevant) notice that the Bears, this year, are 'targeted' as irrelevant.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
It's hard not to notice how irrelevant the Bears are and have been for years...

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Examples: Bud light has these new cans, the commercial is on, and it flashes across all the 'new 'team' cans'... the slogan is, a can for every team, or some stupid shit like that. First of all, if I'm a goddamn fan, why am I drinking light beer, c'mon man. Secondly, and importantly for this thread, as it flashes, I paused the commercial, cause I wanted to see the Bears can. Maybe I missed it, one of the first, as they're all lined up. I went through it a few times, and couldn't see the Bears' can. Hmmm.

I may be wrong, but I did do it a few times.

I can watch Fox, CBS, NBC, I have the NFL network, and have a slew of sports networks up here. It's not igloos and beer. Got it?

I'm watching all the segments I can see, Inside the NFL, the Season Preview show, preseason games, the opening game, you name it. I love the NFL, cherish the Bears, and watch it all.

I've noticed for years, the quick segments tend to have very few Bears' shots. BUT, over the past few years, there were at least a few. In the preview commercials, many teams flash and flash... plays here and there, 'are you ready for some football' shit pop tunes playing, hype hype crap, right? Usually a shot of Cutler pouting or being sacked, Forte making a move, maybe, and particularly, Marshall making a catch.... and old Urlacher hit?

This year... NOTHING.

And so, I've really kept watching. Inside the NFL, with Brandon Marshall still there (sidebar: are they calling for the heads of the head coach of Jets, and GM for letting him still do that show?), and they had a review of Camp NFL films thing... a review of last year, NFL Films thing, AND a Preview of this year, NFL Films thing... and NOT ONE CUT of the Bears... I'm convinced that every other team got recognized. At least a shot.

Bears, this year, NOTHING.

According to a spokeswoman, Bud Light sponsors the 28 teams that now have team-specific cans. The Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys and Minnesota Vikings were omitted because they are sponsored by MillerCoors.

http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/bud-light-unveils-28-different-team-specific-cans-nfl-fans-166472

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Touche to all the comments on the international thing. Got it.

Ok, how about, does anyone else (relevant) notice that the Bears, this year, are 'targeted' as irrelevant.

Why wouldnt they be?
like it or not, they are in rebuild mode.
The defense that blew ass last year is a whole new scheme. maybe it will be better, maybe it will be worse, but there is no way it will be draw for watching like the Seahawks or rams.
The offense is absolutely going to be less exciting than it was hyped to be under tresty. Fox runs an effective and boring offense.

Aside from the low expectations in a rebuild year, this team does not really have a standout star that non-bears fans will tune in to watch.

Outside of bear fans, this team currently is about as compelling as the Browns or jaguars.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's OK. We hate everybody and gonna fuck you up. I suspect we won't make lot of friends this year but we'll e earning ore respect even if we dn't have a winning record.
Oh and next time, keep your goofy CFL coaches back in the great white hype.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
According to a spokeswoman, Bud Light sponsors the 28 teams that now have team-specific cans. The Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys and Minnesota Vikings were omitted because they are sponsored by MillerCoors.

http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/bud-light-unveils-28-different-team-specific-cans-nfl-fans-166472
I noticed some sweet Decatur Staleys Miller Lite cans when visiting family last week. Pretty sure it was an omen that we are going to win tomorrow.