Upcoming QB class…

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think Kizer comes out either. But one thing that can push him out early is the QB situation there at ND. If Kelly insists on continuing to get Malik Zaire in there, Kizer could be upset at that situation and leave early. Better option than transferring, and both Kizer and Zaire have eligibility for next year.

Zaire will transfer before he spends another year splitting time or in a competition with Kizer.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like Kizer, reminds me of a more mobile Phillip Rivers. Chad Kelly has moments of greatness and then moments he looks like absolute garbage. Very much like Cutler that way. Watson reminds me of Mariota to a degree and I think he can be developed into a special player in time. I have to watch more of Kayaa before any judgement.

Kizer's best comp to me right now is Jameis Winston, except Kizer runs more. Matt Miller has compared him to Cam Newton but that's pretty horrendous. Newton was a much better athlete.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As a fellow Iowa fan, I love CJ. Dude is a gamer and knows how to run an O. I don't consider myself a football expert or know how to evaluate NFL talent, but he could be a steal. I'm assuming he will be a 3-6 round draft prospect. Will definitely need some time to develop.

CJ Beathard is fucking garbage.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thanks for your excellent analysis.

http://nflmocks.com/2016/05/15/2017-nfl-draft-iowa-qb-c-j-beathard-is-top-qb/

Most rankings that I have found, have him listed between ranks 5-10 Qb in the class going in rounds 2-3.
Great. He's awful. I wouldn't even draft him.

I've seen every game he's played. What would you like to discuss? His nerfed out offense? His lack of an arm? His inability to be a dynamic force on the field? His lack of mobility? His mechanical issues? Beathard compares to a poor man's version of Kevin Hogan for me, and I hated Hogan as a prospect.

That article is awful. They essentially described Craig Krenzel.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Great. He's awful. I wouldn't even draft him.

I've seen every game he's played. What would you like to discuss? His nerfed out offense? His lack of an arm? His inability to be a dynamic force on the field? His lack of mobility? His mechanical issues? Beathard compares to a poor man's version of Kevin Hogan for me, and I hated Hogan as a prospect.

That article is awful. They essentially described Craig Krenzel.

Did I say he was the next Andrew Luck? No. Is he going to come in the League and light it up and be a 'dynamic force' as you put it like Cam Newton? Probably not. He's a draft prospect whose had a solid collegiate career. He is far from garbage. His arm strength is fine. His mobility is fine. Mechanical issues can be fixed, I don't think he is that far off the beaten path.

Beathard -- the grandson of former NFL executive Bobby Beathard -- is one of my favorite players in the senior class. He's a leader, and has the arm strength and mobility to be an effective NFL starter

Every scouting article I come across seems to disagree with your analysis of garbage.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ext-men-up-top-qb-talents-in-the-cfb-pipeline

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2017/QB

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did I say he was the next Andrew Luck? No. Is he going to come in the League and light it up and be a 'dynamic force' as you put it like Cam Newton?
Gee, ya think?! He's not even that in college.

The Wisconsin vs Iowa game last year was maybe the worst QB'd college game I have seen in the last 10-15 years.

He is far from garbage.
As a legit NFL prospect. He's trash.

Cool story. Those writers are wrong.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
. Mechanical issues can be fixed,

Largely they can't be fixed. Tebow and Hogan both tried shortening their releases and it still looks horrendous and these guys are the farthest thing from being lazy.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
Desmond Howard took a ginormous shit on Chad Kelly on ESPN Radio the other day.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Brandon Wimbush is better than Zaire

Probably is. If that's the case then it works out for everyone. Kizer becomes a Top 5 pick, Zaire gets to use his last year of eligibility and start somewhere pressure free, Wimbush starts and hopefully performs better than Zaire, Kelly learns a valuable lesson about what can happen when you are afraid to step on people's toes vs the KISS method and just trying to win ball games(It's not like he's the coach of ND or anything which have their pick of the litter with QB's should someone get butthurt about being benched and transfers). He just named Kizer the starter btw.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Kizer's best comp to me right now is Jameis Winston, except Kizer runs more. Matt Miller has compared him to Cam Newton but that's pretty horrendous. Newton was a much better athlete.

why not Jeff Driskel

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I am referencing has nothing to do with being meek. It has everything to do with his countdown starting at the point he picks his own guy and gets rid of Cutler. He like all other GMs would be tying his future to that pick. My feeling on Pace is he is going to hold onto Cutler as long as he can get away with before making that move.

The Bears are there with Cutler. it is financially o.k to let him go after this year, IIRC. If Pace's guy isn't in next years draft it had better be in the next. Most GMs have to make this chioce and all of them know it. Coming in with Cutler as his QB he knew, and has allegedly tried, to make the move already.