Update to Roquan Situation

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didnt miss that part. It's why I continued my comment to include how rookies (1st year players) are paid under the CBA because they are new. Granted it is a much more exclusive career and paid as such, but it is still essentially an entry level position into that NFL playing career. That is proven by the fact veterans can negotiate for much more in their contracts, and much different terms that rookies cannot. Because they are entry level.

It is not entry level in the sense I was using the term as the negotiating power of an NFL player is more akin to my negotiating power as a partner than it is to a guy working at Walmart.

I sold a business to SAIC when I was 35 years old so please give me a break. I currently own a business here in Chicago and another in Orlando. Are you trying to suggest your partners have allowed you special privileges in regard to conduct and social media that do not apply to others in your firm or they compensated you to follow the rules?

I got concessions for various things. Did you just accept 100% of what the other guy offered or did you negotiate?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You need to build a team, have a fixed amount of scholarships etc, etc. If you don't want to sign one, you can walk on. You'll make the team if you're good enough.

Or you can do what Smith did and just sign a scholarship offer. The letter of intent does nothing aside from trick an 18 year old into giving away his rights for free as there is no additional benefit over and above a scholarship offer and the school can pull the offer with no penalty to them while you lose a year if you change your mind.

lurker

Liked Posts:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This may seem odd to many but you can be biased without being a racist. There may overtones from experiences that may not be universal but hey, none of us are perfect. As long as youcan come to terms when presented. I tease Remy a bit when he injects something I think inappropriate but would never consider him a racist. He says a lot and it's easier to get caught out, especially when trying to make examples of others.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Not for more than 15 minutes at a time. I will sometimes only eat once a day or not at all like 10-15 times in a month.

You shouldn't try to starve yourself to get in shape. Just takes commitment eating the right foods and exercising.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It is not entry level in the sense I was using the term as the negotiating power of an NFL player is more akin to my negotiating power as a partner than it is to a guy working at Walmart.

I got concessions for various things. Did you just accept 100% of what the other guy offered or did you negotiate?

SAIC is a multi-billion dollar corporation. We negotiated the purchase price of my company, my non-compete, compensation for my three year contract and the options and vesting schedule for me and my employees. Their personal conduct policy is uniform across the company or at least it was while I worked there. It was non-negotiable.
I was a Vice President. We all had the same set of rules and standards including Dr. Beyster who founded the company and was the Chairman of the Board and CEO at that time I worked there. Having different standards of conduct for employees of the same company is an interesting concept which probably opens the door for rampant litigation.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You shouldn't try to starve yourself to get in shape. Just takes commitment eating the right foods and exercising.

Oh I eat when I am hungry. Just sometimes when I am working a ton, I just skip lunch or dinner. Don't eat breakfast.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The bold is factually inaccurate. Racism and Race are two entirely different things and one can interject race in a conversation without interjecting racism. Again some of you need to learn what words mean and to read and comprehend.

And see your commentary about Eli and Roquan is answering the question without being racist so again who interjected racism? I didn't claim you were racist, I simply asked you the question and awaited your response. Instead of coming with a logical non-racist answer like you just did aside from your confusing regarding the bold, people got triggered and responded. That is on them not me.

Mind you I still disagree in that I think Smith is quite comfortable with his position on this but your response is a reasonable alternative that has nothing to do with racism so to each his own.

Get a dictionary. Or if you use Firefox as any good Bears fan should, type Dict racism into your address bar. You suggested there was different treatment based on race by everyone here that doesn't agree with you, that is the definition.

It doesn't matter what color his skin is. A player who doesn't have on or off field issues trying to get concessions from a team that doesn't treat their players like that is not acting in their own interest by holding out for those concessions. He's going to have to be an instant god to win the fans back to be willing to buy a car from him. You're as bad as evangelical Christians claiming Tebow's treatment was anti-Christian when there are plenty of other Christians in the NFL not treated like him.
Roquan being an activist is not exclusive of CAA using him to increase their profits more than their client's. They may be advising against this as they should, but I doubt it.

I've said the same thing about Roquan as I said about Eli. Let him go play baseball if he doesn't want to play in the NFL the way things are. What it seems he doesn't like about the way things are is better suited to being a CBA issue and won't ever apply to him.
The difference is I think Eli actually had some baseball chances to lean on. Roquan would probably end up like Tebow hoping to make it to the majors instead of instantly being a starter in the NFL.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
SAIC is a multi-billion dollar corporation. We negotiated the purchase price of my company, my non-compete, compensation for my three year contract and the options and vesting schedule for me and my employees. Their personal conduct policy is uniform across the company or at least it was while I worked there. It was non-negotiable.
I was a Vice President. We all had the same set of rules and standards including Dr. Beyster who founded the company and was the Chairman of the Board and CEO at that time I worked there. Having different standards of conduct for employees of the same company is an interesting concept which probably opens the door for rampant litigation.

And rookies can't negotiate their price because the CBA restricts them. That is my point, you can get concessions for things you don't like. Rookies are limited in that regard.

The standard of conduct was the same. I just got concessions to compensate me for it as well as having vague terms explicitly defined. I also ensured that since I was a partner now like the other partners that any disputes are not adjudicated by the other partners but by an arbitrator.

Incidentally a lot of these things the other partners had too. They were just trying to see if I would concede to less because that is what people do in negotiations. There was one other partner I know of who got screwed because he didn't challenge stuff.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Please close this now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Get a dictionary. Or if you use Firefox as any good Bears fan should, type Dict racism into your address bar. You suggested there was different treatment based on race by everyone here that doesn't agree with you, that is the definition.

Again no I didn't. I asked a question. Do you understand a question means you are entitled to answer it. If I called you racist after you answered it then that would be one thing but I just said to you that I had no problem with your answer. So how can I be suggesting you are a racist if I accepted your answer?

People just got triggered over the manner in which I asked the question when all they had to do is answer like you did later on. Like is the bold accusing you of racism?

The bold is factually inaccurate. Racism and Race are two entirely different things and one can interject race in a conversation without interjecting racism. Again some of you need to learn what words mean and to read and comprehend.

And see your commentary about Eli and Roquan is answering the question without being racist so again who interjected racism? I didn't claim you were racist, I simply asked you the question and awaited your response. Instead of coming with a logical non-racist answer like you just did aside from your confusing regarding the bold, people got triggered and responded. That is on them not me.

Mind you I still disagree in that I think Smith is quite comfortable with his position on this but your response is a reasonable alternative that has nothing to do with racism so to each his own.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Thank god this monstrosity of a thread can be retired.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remy has stamina for days

Reactions: 1ke