Updated Cap Space

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Looks like Bears are $20M over the estimated $180M cap after the cuts and ARob franchise tag....guessing they will have to extend/restructure Hicks/Fuller minimum .... no idea how they fit Wilsons contract too in this

Let's hope they can get ARob extended before FA starts to reduce that $18M cap hit too ....

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Looks like Bears are $20M over the estimated $180M cap after the cuts and ARob franchise tag....guessing they will have to extend/restructure Hicks/Fuller minimum .... no idea how they fit Wilsons contract too in this

Let's hope they can get ARob extended before FA starts to reduce that $18M cap hit too ....

Mack will have to be in a Wilson trade

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Before Massie’s release, the Bears were $6.9 million over the cap, according to Over the Cap. Releasing Massie frees up $5.4 million in cap space, which would bring the Bears to just $1.5 million over the cap ahead of the new league year.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Before Massie’s release, the Bears were $6.9 million over the cap, according to Over the Cap. Releasing Massie frees up $5.4 million in cap space, which would bring the Bears to just $1.5 million over the cap ahead of the new league year.

And tagging AR adds 18 mill

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to spotrac the Bears are 22m over the cap , but Spotrac also shows Massie still on the team...

If you use spotracs numbers and release Massie they are at 16m over

Over the cap has the at 17m over which is closer to reality

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So we are now officially 17,569,053 $ over cap right now.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Going to be a league wide bloodbath over next week.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going to be a league wide bloodbath over next week.

this....

A lot of teams with open cap space are going to pick up some bargains and their will be a lot of one year rentals.

I expect at least 3 or 4 guys on the Bears will have their contracts re-worked and/or a couple decent players released...

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That is the Bears adjust salary cap, but they are still over by 15.5m
According to OTC their top 51 liabilities (including AR) are $198.7mil, meaning that they are over by about $8mil if you include the rollover.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to OTC their top 51 liabilities (including AR) are $198.7mil, meaning that they are over by about $8mil if you include the rollover.

yes, but you have to add in the dead cap space not just the active contract liabilities.

Spotrac is more accurate on the total number.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Yeah I don’t trust those Pharmacists giving me football news OTC. I trust them giving me boner pills though.