Urlacher: No Marshall outburst if Lovie Smith was coaching Bears

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL. I'm not starting threads about the soap opera on this team and on this message board. I am responding to total hatred by this message board for any current or past Bears that are speaking up on the way that this team is being run. You guys say the same shit as Urlacher is saying when the game is over through Tuesday. By Wednesday it is neutral. By Friday you will be sucking Cutlers, Marshalls and Trestmans dick.

Look, I don't suck dick unless I'm in jail. Lets get that straight. Now, players, past or present are free to say whatever they like, but when they contradict themselves while attempting to slam the Org that they are no longer part of, well, fuck their words. Its see through. But whatever I guess. Thanks for your input.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Don't even try to compare anything that Mike Brown did with the current mental attitude of this team. And I am quite sure that Mike Brown would have the same thing to say about things as Urlacher, Briggs, Hester and everyone else that is hated on here. Be glad that Mike Brown isn't talking.

In the same exact words as the beloved, my beloved, Mike Brown, "we suck". I'm pretty sure Marshall was saying the same exact thing. People seem to forget how god awful our team has been in the past even with these same leaders you mention. MB said this after Kyle Orton threw 5 picks... I don't hate them at all, but i do believe we need the leaders we have now, Marshall/Allen/Jennings to step up and get their teams shit together. No matter how much ppl hate Tucker/Trestman right now, i'd rather see them succeed.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I don't mind Urlacher and Briggs speaking their mind on this. Bring a bit of reality back into this fruity organization that we have become.

By the way, if Peanut could, I am sure he would be saying the same stuff. Then you guys wouldn't like him either. That will be coming down the road though. He is still hoping to get a contract next year so he is just keeping his mouth shut, for now. Watch what he says when the Bears make believe that he does not exist the day this season ends. Then you guys can hate Lovie, Urlacher, Briggs, Hester and Peanut. At some point probably Gould too.

I disagree. Peanut, by all accounts, is a very good and likable dude.

Urlacher has just always been a dick.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I think the point is that Urlacher is contradicting himself as if Lovie ran such a tight ship and no BS ever happened under his watch. But make it more if you like.

By all accounts, this is two guys - who happen to be very close FRIENDS - yelling. Well, at least one yelling at the other - for shitty play on the field. As Lavarr Arrington says - happens in EVERY locker room of teams that are underachieving.

But in the Lovie world:

- the team 'leader' breaks the jaw of a fellow starting lineman.
- Thomas Jones bitchslaps a rookie RB in week 6 of the season
- Sam Hurd sells more blow that Tony Montana
- Tank Johnson does his Tank Johnson thing
- Lance Briggs throws his Murci into a barrier on the Edens and leaves it there

Yep, tight Lovie ship!

cd35

Liked Posts:
Here's the rules: Older teams were and did things better. Always. They never did any thing negative like the current team does. This is also true of future teams that will be better once (insert whoever) is gone.

It also makes sense that Trestman is crucified for not being tough enough and yelling at the idiots while Brandon is......crucified for being tough and yelling at the same idiots.

Lovie's teams were mediocre at best. They made the playoffs 3 times out of 9 years. They got embarrassed by the Panthers, got embarrassed by the Colts in one of the worst and dumbest coaching performances ever and then lost at home to the Packers. They are not a standard to go by.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What about Mike Brown's famous outburst?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't mind Urlacher and Briggs speaking their mind on this. Bring a bit of reality back into this fruity organization that we have become.

By the way, if Peanut could, I am sure he would be saying the same stuff. Then you guys wouldn't like him either. That will be coming down the road though. He is still hoping to get a contract next year so he is just keeping his mouth shut, for now. Watch what he says when the Bears make believe that he does not exist the day this season ends. Then you guys can hate Lovie, Urlacher, Briggs, Hester and Peanut. At some point probably Gould too.

Looks like Trestman now has his own urban legend.

Funny that while the flavor is different from Lovie, its the same dish! ie there is no accountability!

I'll be damned.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think some people actually enjoy wallowing in misery. As soon as some shit gets bad, people explode with hyperbole.

Bears aren't good right now, but fucktard fans and apparently ex players put you in a position where you have to defend a mediocre team against balls out mob insanity.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny thing is, lets imagine the Bears turn the season around and go on a win streak.

Marshall will be lauded as an inspirational leader just like Mike Brown. The team is bad enough right now without all this stupid shit.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Urlacher can say whatever he wants IMO,guy has earned it 10 fold...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Do you think Urlacher would trade in his likely Hall of Fame status for a Super Bowl ring?

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
So why didn't Peanut and Briggs say something now? He talks about them like they're not on the team anymore.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Does urlacher say stupid shit sometimes?Yea,he does but the guy will go down as one of the best if not the best MLB in bears history so it doesn't bother me one bit for him to voice his opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cobbland

Liked Posts:
Its not like Marshall broke a teammates jaw. Urlacher needs to shut the fuck up about all this.

He didn't, but he was involved in an incident where his teammate was killed.

Love Marshall as a player, but these incidents are worlds apart.

After listening to Marshall’s testimony, it’s clear that they were in completely separate groups. It’s also clear that, under the prosecution’s theory of the case, Clark fired bullets into the limo carrying Williams because Clark assumed that Marshall was in it.

Marshall had been fighting with Clark and others who were with him. During a verbal exchange outside the club, Clark had pretended to have a gun, prompting Marshall to say, “You aint got no f–king gun.” It was Marshall who then got angry and tried to climb a snow bank and was punched in the jaw by one of the other guys with Clark and then concluded after the others scattered that it would be prudent to get the hell out of there.

Said Marshall, “Being from where I’m from . . . if there ain’t no police there breaking up no fight or an argument and guys take off . . . a light should go off meaning danger. . . . The first thing I thought about was, ‘These guys [are] running, he’s acting like he has a gun. He may be running to go get a gun.'”

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/marshall022610.mp3

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...imony-leaves-no-doubt-he-was-the-real-target/

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the point is that Urlacher is contradicting himself as if Lovie ran such a tight ship and no BS ever happened under his watch. But make it more if you like.

The reason they even asked Urlacher this, was apparently Marshall said he was the only leader on this team. They asked Urlacher what he would have done had he been in the locker room in that situation. I had no problem with what Urlacher said, seemed like an honest opinion to me.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no problem with Urlacher having an opinion or voicing it. Shit, thats true of everyone. And as others have pointed out, he certainly put his time in.

However, his view of the Lovie/JA regime is pretty disconnected from reality. The way he talks about that time, you would think he never notice the institutional failure that was the offense.

Further, Lovie's bears dealt with this same exact typee of shit. 2001, 2007, 2008 all come to mind. This kind of shit is really not unusual at all when teams go through periods of sucking.