URLACHER: Week 1 – Play him or wait till Week 2 against the Packers

URLACHER: Week 1 - Play him or Rest him or...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread is just crazy. Just like all the sports media that seem to have fully formed opinions based on almost zero information. Just bizarre that folks feel so compelled to have an opinion even in the complete absence of information.

we know this is his 3rd scope...we know this recent scope was for cartilage not ligament trauma, we know he is now able to practice..prior to this latest surgery we know lach was still having pain and swelling, we do know he has also attempted a non operative procedure in europe

we do not know if he is in pain/swelling or none at all, we do not know what his speed and agility is, we do not know how much his knee is degenerated..

we do know lach is a tough sob and that he's a big part of the bears defense and leaves everything on the field day in and day out (when he can)

all we can do is make an educated guess based on the cluster of information.misinformation we are fed via the sports media....

that being said, I stand firmly with my opinion that he should have a go and see how he and his knee holds up, but not play the entire game as he has a short week to recover for a tough game on the road in lambo...I'd rather not see his first game back from an extended off season (due to injury) with limited practice/reacclimation against the pack in their house

most discussions on here are based on speculation and self interpretation rather than pure fact...so not sure why you are so surprised by this thread...

Last edited:

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would a fan that has no information on the state of Urlacher's knee or any contact with his doctors try and make this decision...? I mean what possible info would anyone be basing this off of!?

There is only one correct answer at this point... Urlacher should do what he and the medial staff feel is best.... derp
It's not like we are making the decision, this is a forum. A forum is for people to talk about the issue at hand and whatever else they want to. This person is simply wanting to know what we would do if we had the decision to make.

Plus there is more than enough news that came out recently for anyone to worry about the state of his knee. He messed up his Pcl/mcl last year and he suffered another minor injury at the beginning of training camp. At least 1 knee surgery, speculation of more

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
seems like it's that time of the month for some members here....:tiptoe::roll:

Liked Posts:
He needs to play. Now if the Bears get up 14-17 points in the second half, do you limit his snaps more than you normally would? Of course. But if the intention going into the game game isn't to play him at full strength, then don't play him at all.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread is just crazy. Just like all the sports media that seem to have fully formed opinions based on almost zero information. Just bizarre that folks feel so compelled to have an opinion even in the complete absence of information.

There is PLENTY of info available... Urlacher has been talking all week about how he is healthy and ready to go. Hence, people have an opinion about week 1 or 2 as the start date.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I just hope the Bears have a big lead early Sunday and take the ball control, run the clock offense to work.

BrudderBear

Mr House,Mojave Wasteland
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would rather have him sit week one because of the short week but Urlacher refuses to miss a game ever. So it won't happen

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Play him.

36bear

Liked Posts:
Why would a fan that has no information on the state of Urlacher's knee or any contact with his doctors try and make this decision...? I mean what possible info would anyone be basing this off of!?

There is only one correct answer at this point... Urlacher should do what he and the medial staff feel is best.... derp

This is an fan opinion poll not a fan(s) to influence team/player decision.. NUDNIK.
I've had as much info as the next fan... NFL.com, ESPNChicago, ChicagoTribune, PFT.

Again, it was to see if "You" ran the team, what would you do?

...Pred

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we know this is his 3rd scope...we know this recent scope was for cartilage not ligament trauma, we know he is now able to practice..prior to this latest surgery we know lach was still having pain and swelling, we do know he has also attempted a non operative procedure in europe

we do not know if he is in pain/swelling or none at all, we do not know what his speed and agility is, we do not know how much his knee is degenerated..

we do know lach is a tough sob and that he's a big part of the bears defense and leaves everything on the field day in and day out (when he can)

all we can do is make an educated guess based on the cluster of information.misinformation we are fed via the sports media....

that being said, I stand firmly with my opinion that he should have a go and see how he and his knee holds up, but not play the entire game as he has a short week to recover for a tough game on the road in lambo...I'd rather not see his first game back from an extended off season (due to injury) with limited practice/reacclimation against the pack in their house

most discussions on here are based on speculation and self interpretation rather than pure fact...so not sure why you are so surprised by this thread...

Why the compulsion to make an "educated guess based on the cluster of information.misinformation we are fed via the sports media...."

I don't understand it... Why do people insist on this?

Hell, some even go further and get pissed off when their guess based on misinformation is not followed. Just bizarre imo...

Personally, I would just as soon refrain from forming an opining and defending it in the absence of info...

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not like we are making the decision, this is a forum. A forum is for people to talk about the issue at hand and whatever else they want to. This person is simply wanting to know what we would do if we had the decision to make.

Plus there is more than enough news that came out recently for anyone to worry about the state of his knee. He messed up his Pcl/mcl last year and he suffered another minor injury at the beginning of training camp. At least 1 knee surgery, speculation of more

There is almost no news on the state of Url's knee. At least almost no factual news. But yeah, there is a helluva lotta speculation.

And obvious Lovie is not reading the board before he makes the call...

But still, the question posed is: Play him or Rest him?

How can there be any rational answer besides who the fuck knows...? Ask his doctors....

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is PLENTY of info available... Urlacher has been talking all week about how he is healthy and ready to go. Hence, people have an opinion about week 1 or 2 as the start date.

There is a bunch of qualitative BS floating around. There is NO quantitative data originating from a doctor who has worked on Url anywhere. Nobody outside HH knows the state of Url's knee, his progress in rehab, or his day to day pain or flexibility levels. Hell, its not even know how many or what procedures hes had done.

Don't mistake local beat bluster and speculation for actual information.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally, I would just as soon refrain from forming an opining and defending it in the absence of info...

then why even have a discussion board if one is not willing to share or speak ones opinions, it's basically what said "sports anal-ysts" do, we just don't paid like they do to share their factual opinions

cityslicker

Liked Posts:
He dosent have to play this game,he can sit unless he wants too,and looking ahead. this might be his last year signing jay longterm is priority I lovey brian and I hope he stays but signing him long term is not going to happen we might have to learn to play without him you see how it was for matt I'm just saying we have to look ahead

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
then why even have a discussion board if one is not willing to share or speak ones opinions, it's basically what said "sports anal-ysts" do, we just don't paid like they do to share their factual opinions

Factual opinions? There is no such thing. Something is either a fact or an opinion...

And no, sports analysts do not just offer up pure speculation... or at least the aren't supposed to. Thats how you get fired... fast. They are supposed to find people that have the info and then disseminate it to the rest of us... thats the entire purpose of the news media. Not speculation.

And yes, messages boards are places to share opinions. I get that. But still, its nice when those opinions are actually based on something.

All I am getting at is forming an opinion devoid of information is... well... I guess imo, opinion without information is basically the definition of ignorance.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He needs to get some playing time in before the Packers game. PLay him about half the snaps. IMO

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Factual opinions? There is no such thing. Something is either a fact or an opinion...

And no, sports analysts do not just offer up pure speculation... or at least the aren't supposed to. Thats how you get fired... fast. They are supposed to find people that have the info and then disseminate it to the rest of us... thats the entire purpose of the news media. Not speculation.

And yes, messages boards are places to share opinions. I get that. But still, its nice when those opinions are actually based on something.

All I am getting at is forming an opinion devoid of information is... well... I guess imo, opinion without information is basically the definition of ignorance.

factual opionions was my play on words, guess it's too early for that...

so if we are getting our info from said sports analysts that you describe here:

"...And no, sports analysts do not just offer up pure speculation... or at least the aren't supposed to. Thats how you get fired... fast. They are supposed to find people that have the info and then disseminate it to the rest of us... thats the entire purpose of the news media. Not speculation...."

and then we are basing our opinions on this disseminated info, where/how does this translate into "our" opinions based on nothing? especially when it's numerous sources /sports analysts stating the same if not very similar stories...

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is just a weird situation where nobody really knows what Url has done, including the media... The beats have written a lot about Url's knee without really saying anything and without any real info. Its another example of how, imo, they are some of the worst in the business...

Hell, Haugh is even speculating that Url used roids to recover... all a bunch of bullshit is all I'm saying. The media and the fans don't know shit about whats goin on with Url's knee. And we won't know until he does or does not take the field.

Thats why, imo, the only informed opinion on the matter is one of uncertainty and this is the correct answer:

If he can play he should play. If he cannot play than he should sit till he is ready to play

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not tryin to beat this thing to death...

But its a pet peeve and, personally, its been making me crazy that media people have been publishing loud and unwavering opinions on whether Urlacher should play. None of them know shit about what has been done to Url's knee or how much he has recovered. The Bears have gone to lengths to make sure of that. Buncha bullshit is all.