Vermette returns to the Coyotes

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank you DMelt for FINALLY moving this thread where it should be.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wrong forum, moran.

2011127164756.jpg

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even though Vermette played well during the last two rounds of the playoffs, he really fucked himself with his play during the regular season with the Hawks. He was considered the best two-way center everyone wanted prior to being traded to the Hawks. He gets a two year deal for 7.5 - with his old team , no less - and Anisimov gets 5 years for 22.5 mil. Man his stock dropped fast.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Whats this thread? Some non-Hawks player? I don't know ho Vermette is then, doesn't seem like news worth discussing then to me.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I guess he doesn't like winning Stanley Cups?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess he doesn't like winning Stanley Cups?

It would appear that that is the case. Personally if I were an NHL player, the Coyotes would be the last team I would want to play for. The weather in Phoenix is terrible IMO, the team sucks, has no fan support and is not wanted by its own city. Coyotes will probably be moving to a different city in the next 5 years.

Also thanks to you and Mikita's Helmet for contributing to the thread instead of trolling the fuck out of it unlike some posters around here.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
He already got his ring, so I'm guessing he was satisfied and his family must have liked it in Phoenix. Or maybe he wants to play in Vegas, and he knows something we dont

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It would appear that that is the case. Personally if I were an NHL player, the Coyotes would be the last team I would want to play for. The weather in Phoenix is terrible IMO, the team sucks, has no fan support and is not wanted by its own city. Coyotes will probably be moving to a different city in the next 5 years.

Also thanks to you and Mikita's Helmet for contributing to the thread instead of trolling the fuck out of it unlike some posters around here.

It's where he has lived for several years so he must like it or just like his role with the team. He already got his cup, he could of seemingly got more money elsewhere but I don't think he'd be locked into as favorable a positional spot as he gets with the Yotes. Plus it's only a 2 year deal, so the soonest they would be likely to move is starting 2017 and he's not locked up to that.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
17 goals 21 assists in 76 games for the 15/16 season.

34 years old

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Interesting prospect if we picked him up after his possible buyout.

It would be nice to have more than 1-2 centers that can actually win a faceoff and would help the bottom-6...depending of course how we do in the Vesey Sweepstakes.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd love to get him back, I'm not real up to date on the Hawks cap #s, but I'm guessing there wouldn't be enough to sign him.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Would he play here for like 700k?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting prospect if we picked him up after his possible buyout.

It would be nice to have more than 1-2 centers that can actually win a faceoff and would help the bottom-6...depending of course how we do in the Vesey Sweepstakes.

55.8% faceoff percentage last year.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but do he and Q snuggle well together?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
any rumors on him? I haven't heard anything