Vic Fangio comments on Khalil Mack

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Vic "Doooooon't Caaaaaare" Fangio. Love it!

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
“Any time you get a player of his ability it … helps make the players around him better,” Fangio said. “But he has been the same player in Oakland throughout his career — very well decorated and a lot of honors that he deserved — and Oakland was never better than mid-20s in defense. So one guy doesn’t make a whole unit, as pretty evident by that.”

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Vic just got a new toy box for Christmas. Can't wait to see how he plays with them.

broughtupbears

Liked Posts:
I actually didnt like this.

It seemed like fangio wasnt very involved. Thats asinine, if thats the case.

If I'm the DC and was not a significant part in this decision, I would be annoyed.

Pace is walking a fine line with his attempt to be secretive. Fangio is a legend and should be part of the inner circle and major decisions.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

If I'm the DC and was not a significant part in this decision, I would be annoyed.

Pace is walking a fine line with his attempt to be secretive. Fangio is a legend and should be part of the inner circle and major decisions.

Makes perfect sense. Beg for him to stay but keep him out of the loop entirely on acquiring a star player. Seems legit.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:

Mental gymnastics gold medal winner right here.

Liked Posts:

Wait, so not telling Fangio they are trading for an All-Pro (at 2 different positions mind you) and likely a future HOFer is a big deal? It's like a surprise present. Who would be pissed at that?

Pace: "Hey Vic, we're thinking about trading for Khalil Mack, what are your thoughts?"

Vic: "I don't like it, I want to do it with the guys we have."

Pace: "He's an All-Pro, he immediately makes our team better."

Vic: "Nope, not buying it. I said no."

No DC whether they are involved or not would be opposed to getting arguably the best pass rusher in the league.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

What decision needed to be discussed? It's the best pass rusher in the game.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I find it hard to believe he didn't know the Bears were going after Mack. For one, everybody and the public knew they were making a run at Mack. Secondly, it doesn't have to necessarily be Pace talking directly to Fangio. I'm sure Pace included Nagy, and I'm sure Nagy thought to himself, "Hmm, I better talk to my defensive coordinator about this major defensive move."

There's just no way the trade caught Fangio off-guard. That's a stupid narrative.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This would be like being upset because your GF organized a threesome with her hot friend who has legendary deepthroat skills.

Why ask why as the bud commercial used to say? Sometimes you just roll with things. This is one of those times.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Man, people are such drama queens.

What if Vic was consulted about WHETHER to pursue Mack, and said “Great” upon hearing the deal was finalized?

But I guess there’s no drama or controversy in that. ?

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
This would be like being upset because your GF organized a threesome with her hot friend who has legendary deepthroat skills.

Why ask why as the bud commercial used to say? Sometimes you just roll with things. This is one of those times.

:smug2::smug2::clap::clap::saxy::saxy:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Everyone in the media was reporting on the Bears interest in acquiring Mack. But I guess Fangio had no clue.

This isn't like the situation with Trubisky & Fox. Pace didn't tell Fox about Trubs because Fox is a) an idiot with a big mouth and b) Fox is a fucking idiot with a big mouth.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

To which I would respond "Great" because I wouldn't' want to act to excited and let my GF know I think about banging this hot friend on the reg.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To which I would respond "Great" because I wouldn't' want to act to excited and let my GF know I think about banging this hot friend on the reg.

This man understands.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Vic seems to be a big baseball fan? Didn't know that.

He cracks me up. Glad we retained him. Interesting character.