Victor Cruz Visiting The Bears Monday

Davide

Liked Posts:
I think Pace is trying to evaluate White (his first draft pick as a Bears GM) as an elite wide receiver.

IF White will be a real #1 Wide Receiver, this group of WR should be fine.

IF not, this group is a disastre.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
WR group may be of the most concern. A lot depends on White, too much so in my opinion. Not sure we're really in a position to not even consider someone like Cruz, albeit a little underwhelming

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you go with a young inexperienced WR core than it is probably at the expense of your QB.

My guess is that they are going to prioritize the QB having success.

Which makes Cruz make more sense.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't really get it. They'd probably sign him to a one year minimum deal with a signing bonus, but there are other parties interested.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't really get it. They'd probably sign him to a one year minimum deal with a signing bonus, but there are other parties interested.

If you protect yourself against injury in the contract he would be an asset to a young QB.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you protect yourself against injury in the contract he would be an asset to a young QB.

There is no doubt that we lack experience at the position and that is a concern. We'll see what happens. Cruz is probably less fragile than Royal.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Ill just say I hope our running is effective. and Kevin white can stay on the field.

He may have to remain on the field for some time after his shins combust and his head falls off.

I think anything we get from White is a bonus, it'd be very unusual for a player in any sport to miss their first two years as a professional through injury, and turn into anything significant.

He looked way off the pace in his few games last year, very 'un-explosive' and he's lost out on so much. Its a real shame for him and for us - I'd love to think he can come back but I can't see it.

Would love to be wrong, he seems a good guy and we need a good receiver.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
His knee injury was bad and then it led to a calf injury. But he was actually healthy last year.

Its just that they had OB and already a young developing WR in Shepard. Cruz's contract wasn't going to let him play in NY past 2016, so they were starting to move on and simply didn't give him many snaps. A lot of people were critical of them for leaving him on the sidelines too often last year.

It's not like he's someone that got hurt and never recovered. He was active for 15 games last year. So for a 1 year contract, he'd be worth a look and see what he can do.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Patellar injury, he's never going to be the same. Averaged 80-1200-8 over his first three seasons but just can't move the way he could before. That said, he's probably better than someone currently in the top 6 of our WR core.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He may have to remain on the field for some time after his shins combust and his head falls off.

I think anything we get from White is a bonus, it'd be very unusual for a player in any sport to miss their first two years as a professional through injury, and turn into anything significant.

He looked way off the pace in his few games last year, very 'un-explosive' and he's lost out on so much. Its a real shame for him and for us - I'd love to think he can come back but I can't see it.

Would love to be wrong, he seems a good guy and we need a good receiver.

I hope I'm wrong too, White just seems like a brittle guy.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bring him in! Bring them all in! More the merrier.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Cruz never fully came back from that injury. It was painful to watch him play last year......could get no separation....and it became obvious that his days as a Giant were over. He is nowhere near what he was as a receiver. The Bears should pass....

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Shaw is overrated anyways. He would have looked like Barkley if he played last year.

Only on this board. He sucks. His poor play was one of the factors that limited Jeffery his last year at South Carolina.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This signing didn't make me wet. Cruz is pretty much done. Our WR's still suck