Vinny wants Tyrus to keep sooting 15 footers!?!?

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
''He just has to get back in shape,'' Del Negro said. ''Get the flow back defensively, get the flow back offensively, pick his spots, be our shot-blocker, run the court and make open 15-footers.

''If he runs the court with his athleticism and gets after it defensively and makes open 15-footers, he gives us a big boost.'' - Vinny

Ok, he Vinny is saying they keys to Tyrus being "positive", however, where is him saying Tyrus needs to use his athleticism to generate offense down low? Tyrus is a very mediocre shooter! I don't understand why Vinny stresses him taking that shot so much! I have no problem with Tyrus taking a 15 footer within the flow of the offense, but seriously, to be stressing that with him!?!?! Makes no sense. It's boneheaded crap like this that makes me think Vinny is a putz.

Prove me wrong Chachi!

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
Re:Vinny wants Tyrus to keep sooting 15 footers!?!

tyrus gets his ass handed to him in the paint. he get's thrown around so easily. he's only like 6'9 220 (6'10? now?) would you rather have tyrus failing to score in the paint or throwing up shots 15 feet away from the basket? if only he could hustle and learn a post move. i'd be okay with tyrus. he's a fun player to watch.

fola

Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
''He just has to get back in shape,'' Del Negro said. ''Get the flow back defensively, get the flow back offensively, pick his spots, be our shot-blocker, run the court and make open 15-footers.

''If he runs the court with his athleticism and gets after it defensively and makes open 15-footers, he gives us a big boost.'' - Vinny

Ok, he Vinny is saying they keys to Tyrus being "positive", however, where is him saying Tyrus needs to use his athleticism to generate offense down low? Tyrus is a very mediocre shooter! I don't understand why Vinny stresses him taking that shot so much! I have no problem with Tyrus taking a 15 footer within the flow of the offense, but seriously, to be stressing that with him!?!?! Makes no sense. It's boneheaded crap like this that makes me think Vinny is a putz.

Prove me wrong Chachi!

Although I disagree with 97% (i've done the math) of what vdn says I think I can go along with this. I think he believes that if Ty starts hitting his jumpers it'll force whoever is guarding him to play him up to about 18ft from the basket. Bringing a 'big' that far out from the basket should open up a lot of things for everyone else. Also, there are about 5 or so 'bigs' that can stop ty from driving given that much room. From watching Ty, he's clearly put in a lot of work on his jumper, and I believe its only a matter of time before he start hitting the 15-18ft jumper with consistency (probably wont be a bull at that point)imo. Whatever is holding him back now, like much of his game, is in his head.

ps, vdn is still a putz.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Tyrus has to hit that open 15ft jumper in order to have a viable offense. Neither Noah or TT can score from more than a few ft from the basket. That has to change if we want to be successful. Without some spacing, Derrick Rose is going to be easily neutralized.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
Tyrus has to knock down that shot, but I don't want him abusing that shot, I still want him to attack the basket, and use the jump hook in the paint.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it's a shot he should be able to make, but not make it the focal point of his offensive game. His real strength is still cutting to the basket for dunks. If he can hit an open 15 footer with consistency then ideally it would just make it easier for him to get to the rim for dunks. Plus in the offense it would be nice for a frontcourt player other than Deng to be able to hit a midrange shot.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:

Prove me wrong Chachi!

Gotta disagree with ya old buddy. The 15ft shot is very important to Tyrus' game. If he can consistently knock it down, it forces the D to be honest, & with his quickness, he can use this to drive to the basket. Tyrus is never going to be a low post player. He's not built for it & it's just simply not his game. Tyrus is not going to take anyone off the dribble, so his jumper must become consistent for his offense to grow. But it's been 3 years now & I've seen more growth on week old chicken than I have on Ty's jumpshot.

Chitown773

Liked Posts:
I like what Vinny is doing. He wants Tyrus to shoot himself out of the Bulls uniform. Someone said that Stoudemire likes Vinny to the point he would come join the Bulls. I don't know how true that is but Vinny seems calm.