Wakka Wakka Wakka Mock Draft

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Round 1 - 6'1 205 Jaycee Horn CB South Carolina

USATSI_13304994-e1616536585617.jpg

The son of four-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Joe Horn, South Carolina Gamecocks cornerback Jaycee Horn enters the NFL after three seasons in the SEC where he demonstrated consistent growth. After primarily playing in the slot in 2018, Horn played out wide in 2019 and 2020.

Games Played: 30
Tackles: 101
Tackles For a loss: 7.0
Sacks: 3.0
Passes Defensed: 23
Interceptions: 2

As the main attraction for South Carolina’s pro day, Horn ran a 4.39 40-yard dash, jumped 41.5 and 133 inches on the vertical and broad jump, respectively, and put up 19 reps on the bench press

R2 - 6'5 259 Joe Tryon Edge Washington

Like his teammate Levi Onwuzurike, Tryon was one of the more decorated defenders in 2019, but he opted out of the 2020 season. He was listed as a Pre-Season All-American by many outlets before he opted out.

Tryon only played two years, with only one year of real consistent college production. Was Second Team All Pac-12 in 2019 after posting a 41 tackle, 12.5 for a loss, and eight sack season.

Games Played: 23
Tackles: 61
Tackles For a loss: 14.5
Sacks: 9.0
Passes Defensed: 2

Proday

34" Arms
10 1/4 Hands
4.65 40
35" Vertical
22 Reps @ 225

R3 6'8 311 Spencer Brown T Northern Iowa

USATSI_13288520-scaled-e1598077146632-1024x683.jpg

A former TE turned Tackle. His attributes and ceiling may have him going higher than round 3. I'd almost be tempted to take him in the 2nd if he's still there. Its a must in round 3.

The most noticeable thing about Northern Iowa's Spencer Brown is his rare blend of size and athleticism. He has elite length — even for an offensive tackle — and moves extremely well for a big man. He's comfortable pulling and has a great understanding of angles and how to make the most of his swiftness in space. Brown's athletic profile is one of the best among all offensive linemen in the 2021 draft class.

Standing at 6-foot-8, 311 pounds, the Northern Iowa offensive tackle put up a 4.94 40-yard dash, a 1.69 10-yard split, a 32.5-inch vertical, a 117-inch broad jump, a 4.4 shuttle time, a 6.96 three-cone time, and 29 bench reps with 34-inch arms. If his athletic score doesn’t already communicate it, Brown is a legitimately incomprehensible athlete, from a numbers standpoint.

R5 - 6'5 234 Feleipe Franks QB Arkansas

feleipe-franks-nfl-draft-player-profile-arkansas-quarterback.jpg

The former Gator turned Razorback is probably the most underrated QB in the draft. Good size, above average - elite arm, decent athleticism

Worst case scenario, Nagy can turn him into a TE with his 4.6 Speed

2020 at Arkansas was Franks’ best season since his 2018 campaign at Florida. That season he completed 188 of 322 passes for 2,457 yards, 24 touchdowns and six interceptions. That season he ran 110 times for 350 yards and seven touchdowns.

For Franks’ career, he completed 530 of 860 passes for 6,700 yards, 55 touchdowns and only 21 interceptions. He rushed 294 times for 642 yards and nine touchdowns.

SIS_On_Target_perc.png

SIS_On_Target____.png

R6 - 6'4 325 Robert Jones OL Middle Tenn St

pasted-image-0-3-1024x571.png

Hometown Chicago native..........................

"Middle Tennessee State offensive lineman Robert Jones projects as an offensive guard at the NFL level despite the time he’s spent at offensive tackle at the collegiate level. Jones is a mauler who offers heavy hands and a thick frame—exactly the kind of build and profile you routinely see make ends meet on the interior. Jones does not have a great deal of functional athleticism, but his pass sets are sufficient and he offers plenty of power in his hands and mobility in the run game. Prior to his time at MTSU, Jones was one of the top JUCO tackles in the country at Highland Community College, where he played left guard. That exposure to the interior will help fortify a projection to the pro game, where his athleticism won’t allow him to thrive on the perimeter and in isolation. Teams looking for a low-cost investment inside for a potential power starter can look for Jones ideally on Day 3 of the 2021 NFL Draft." - Kyle Crabbs

R6 - 6'6 210 TJ Vasher WR Tx Tech

4DPZOGJBY67OYPGRN2HJ3HVCUE.jpg

Some players are blessed with amazing skill sets, but lacks of character and work ethic lead to them underachieving. This is the case with Vasher, who extremely talented physically, but never played up to his potential at Texas Tech. As a freshman (29-545-6), sophomore (54-687-7) and junior (42-515-6), Vasher did not produce big seasons despite flashing some big-play and mismatch ability. Things were even worse for Vasher in 2020, as he was benched and relegated to backup duty. The senior totalled only 19 receptions for 227 yards and two touchdowns on the year.

R6 - 6'4 222 Simi Fehoko WR Stanford

simi-fehoko-nfl-draft-player-profile-stanford-wide-receiver-e1615220631391.jpg

With his rawness and upside I can see him going higher

After barely seeing the field as a Freshman, he became a deep threat target in 2019. Although he only recorded 24 receptions, he averaged 23.6 yards a catch and scored 6 touchdowns. In 2020 he really broke out, recording 37 receptions for 574 yards and 3 touchdowns in just five games of a truncated pandemic hit college season.

At his pro day, logging a 4.44 40-yard dash, a 34.5-inch vertical, a 120-inch broad jump, and a 6.78 three-cone time.

R6 - 6'4 340 Tedarrell Slaton NT Florida

8626295.JPG

DL MEAT

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Goes against some of my preconceived notions but, I like it.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I really like your draft. You took what was there and then just went with a big dude with a big arm in the 5th, so it really didn't cost much for the scratch off lotto ticket that a QB out of the top 5 will be.

I prefer Ehlinger over Franks, but I see what you see in his arm, footwork, and movement, and, yes, a million dollar arm and ten cent head is not a biggie with a 5th rounder, unlike two firsts for the second overall pick.

Horn Shut down virtually every Wr that will go in the 1st and 2nd round! I like him. SC would just slap him on the other team's top WR, and Horn'd shut the fucker down. His tape is a who's who of who dat? I really like him in the 1st and wouldn't be upset with him.

And yeah, Vasher is a fucking idiot, but maybe the culture'll rub off on him who knows. He's worth a roll of the dice later.

A very good draft.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
TJ vasher is a UFA no thanks, Joe Tryon is a player at a luxury position for us. I'm not in favor of felipe franko so early. but everyone else I like !

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Franks? Lol. You've never watched him play.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
replace Franks and I'm good with it

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I hope the Bears do better than this mock draft.
Please Lord let the Bears do better than this mock draft.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Like this one for a "Bears choose a long term project QB" draft. A CB with potential to be starting caliber early in his career, plenty of OL depth, I really like the choice of EDGE early. Would have been nice to get a SS instead of one of the WRs in the 6th, but with Gibson re-signed thats not as big of an issue now. I don't know anything about Franks, but as a 5th round pick you're happy if he becomes a servicable backup in a few years, and are still able to use your 1st next year on a QB.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Franks? Lol. You've never watched him play.

Sure he needs work like all the rookies coming in, but hes got footwork, arm talent and mobility. Franks is a poor mans Justin Herbert. He's one of the best tooled RD 3-7 project QBs in recent memory.

At this point in time, he would be cheaper and has more upside than Foles. As a long term project, he looks better than Orton did coming out of Purdue. Orton developed into a serviceable starter and if you can get that in rd 5, why not.

Regardless, the Bears will be 500 ish with Dalton. If the D can play up to its pay and carry the Bears, they might squeeze into the Playoffs at 10-7 and bam, Dalton year two and an even older defense - Wakka, Wakka, Wakka! Come Year 3, maybe Franks has something in the bag and can be the guy or a serviceable bridge.

However, if and WHEN the D regresses further and Dalton can't game manage adequately to scrape out wins, put poor man Herbert in. If he shows anything, give him year two even when Pace signs/trade for Mariota or whatever journeyman scrapheap retread hanging on to NFL life. BTW, I would have preferred Mariota over Dalton.

Anyway, even if Franks goes 0-16 year two, its a win. Because, with the first pick in the 23 Draft, the Chicago Bears select D.J. Uiagalelei, QB, Clemson. Who I like better than anyone in this draft, Lawrence included.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sure he needs work like all the rookies coming in, but hes got footwork, arm talent and mobility. Franks is a poor man Justin Herbert.

At this point in time, he would be cheaper and has more upside than Foles. As a long term project, he looks better than Orton did coming out of Purdue. Orton developed into a serviceable starter and if you can get that in rd 5, why not.

Regardless, the Bears will be 500 ish with Dalton. If the D can play up to its pay and carry the Bears, they might squeeze into the Playoffs at 10-7 and bam, Dalton year two and an even older defense - Wakka, Wakka, Wakka! Come Year 3, maybe Franks has something in the bag and can be the guy or a serviceable bridge.

However, if and WHEN the D regresses further and Dalton can't game manage adequately to scrape out wins, put poor man Herbert in. If he shows anything, give him year two even when Pace signs/trade for Mariota or whatever journeyman scrapheap retread hanging on to NFL life. BTW, I would have preferred Mariota over Dalton.

Anyway, even if Franks goes 0-16 year two, its a win. Because, with the first pick in the 23 Draft, the Chicago Bears select D.J. Uiagalelei, QB, Clemson. Who I like better than anyone in this draft, Lawrence included.

Franks is a giant pile of dog shit for a QB. /end discussion

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Our offense sucks because we have a comical amount invested in the defense.

You want to spend both of our top picks on defense?
We already have 200 million invested at OLB.

At some point we will realize that having a million dollar defense and a 10 cent offense is why we continue to be mediocre.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
recipe for disaster . I hope Kermit mocks up a draft here the Bears draft O early, the side of the ball where they consistently come up short

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Our offense sucks because we have a comical amount invested in the defense.

You want to spend both of our top picks on defense?
We already have 200 million invested at OLB.

At some point we will realize that having a million dollar defense and a 10 cent offense is why we continue to be mediocre.

Yes I do. The Bears arent in position to grab the top QB and I dont believe in mortgaging the future for picks 2-6. Either you have conviction and can get #1 and control your destiny or fuck it. So take the CB in need and hopefully Quinns year 2 replacement and move on. At the same time, like i said, I'd be willing to take T Spencer Brown in the 2nd.

Wasnt its just like 2015, 2016 and the offensive cap outweighed the Defensive side of the Ball. 10 cent defense didnt work out either. Its not the allocation of money itself, its the quality of players. Its not my fault

I get where youre coming from though, Id be willing to move on from high priced defenders ATM. Too bad Pace wasted Hicks and Macks primes with the Mitchell. Quinn, Hicks, and unfortunately Mack should go if you can trade them. If not, at least they still give you a punchers chance at winning some games.... well IDK about Quinn winning games. In theory, he sounded nice at the time for some.

The offense just sucks. Maybe its the players, maybe its Nagy. I could replace all the RBs, TEs, Tackles, QBs and be fine with it. Mooney and Arob are decent, but whats the point in keeping Arob around for $$$$ and wasting his prime if you dont have a decent QB. I guess its not fair to shit on Dalton yet. However, expectations are low.

The problem: Kevin White, Leonard Floyd, Mitch Trubisky + his traded picks, Mack Trade.

Stop trading picks away and hit on said picks, then the cupboard wouldnt be bare.

Last edited:

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yes I do. The Bears arent in position to grab the top QB and I dont believe in mortgaging the future for picks 2-6. Either you have conviction and can get #1 and control your destiny or fuck it. So take the CB in need and hopefully Quinns year 2 replacement and move on. At the same time, like i said, I'd be willing to take T Spencer Brown in the 2nd.

Wasnt its just like 2015, 2016 and the offensive cap outweighed the Defensive side of the Ball. 10 cent defense didnt work out either. Its not the allocation of money itself, its the quality of players. Its not my fault

I get where youre coming from though, Id be willing to move on from high priced defenders ATM. Too bad Pace wasted Hicks and Macks primes with the Mitchell. Quinn, Hicks, and unfortunately Mack should go if you can trade them. If not, at least they still give you a punchers chance at winning some games.... well IDK about Quinn winning games. In theory, he sounded nice at the time for some.

The offense just sucks. Maybe its the players, maybe its Nagy. I could replace all the RBs, TEs, Tackles, QBs and be fine with it. Mooney and Arob are decent, but whats the point in keeping Arob around for $$$$ and wasting his prime if you dont have a decent QB. I guess its not fair to shit on Dalton yet. However, expectations are low.

The problem: Kevin White, Leonard Floyd, Mitch Trubisky + his traded picks, Mack Trade.

Stop trading picks away and hit on said picks, then the cupboard wouldnt be bare.
Or a GM hit on picks like a franchise QB instead of drafting a QB because of his Camry.

aeronaut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Franks is a giant pile of dog shit for a QB. /end discussion

I wouldn't go that far, or refer to excrement. However, Kyle Trask did beat out Franks at Georgia, which is why Franks transferred to Arkansas.

I like Spenser Brown, but would prefer to see him as our second OT drafted. Betting on an inexperienced player with iffy strength for an OT but great athleticism doesn't always pan out. As long as Franks is your QB pick, why not go OT, CB, OT in rounds 1-3. Edge isn't as big of a need right now - maybe Quinn will wake up, or Atachoo (sp?) will contribute, and of course Mr. Mack is on the field frequently. That way, your OL is better, and maybe a lot better, for a long time, and you get the CB you need in 2.

Speaking of CB, I doubt that Horn will be available at #20. Surtain and Horn are the current favorites to be the first two CBs off the board, and with Detroit, Dallas, LA Chargers, Denver, Philly, NY Giants, Carolina, and even Washington needing CBs at some level, I doubt we'll get a shot at either. Farley and Newsome might be around, but Horn is likely gone before 15, maybe before 10.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fuck all these offensive players, just draft all defense imo.