Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If they want more attendance they're going to have to lower the prices. Even if the economy wasn't complete dog shit they're charging so much that a couple of decent seats cost $400-$500.

Every game is sold out in Chicago.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone should experience going to a live NFL game at least once. Especially at Soldier Field. I've been in the cold and heat, and have never had a bad time(wasn't as much fun losing though).

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
This why we blew it when they didn't just relocate down the lake front and dome or slide roof our stadium when they had the opportunity. Missed out on SBs and other revenue for the city to offset costs. Bear weather my ass. May have cost us a SB win. Would be interesting if this SB has weather like the last few days here.
I think it's just too easy to fill seats here for the team and park district to care and then there's that turf thing.

And screwed Chicago taxpayers until at least 2030 on that eyesore.

Thank Ted Phillips who received his lifetime contract from the McCaskey's for this.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So if I want to win an award next year I should save my good bits until the end of the year?

For the Best Troll, I tried that but Spartan has been committed for almost 3 years and it's going to be hard to knock him out.

Worst Troll is probably not as difficult and could get locked up in the last two months but you'd have to be prepared for red bars...

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Every game is sold out in Chicago.

This isn't a Chicago centered topic. Ticket prices are relevant elsewhere, Chicago also has the least seating making their sellouts a easy every.game habit in this huge market.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

cd35

Liked Posts:
I find football is much more enjoyable on tv. The tailgating and everything is fun but for the actual game it's better on tv. Hockey is the opposite, much better live than on tv

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
This reminds me...the Bears Weekend Expos:

This should be brought back for fans who cannot afford to attend games. IMHO, those were better than attending games.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
For the Best Troll, I tried that but Spartan has been committed for almost 3 years and it's going to be hard to knock him out.

Worst Troll is probably not as difficult and could get locked up in the last two months but you'd have to be prepared for red bars...

I'm too naturally witty to get the Worst Troll award. Maybe I can make ridiculous claims and get most delusional.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
I live in west Tennessee, much too far to go to the games. I have NFL Sunday Ticket so I can see all the Bears' games on my 65" big screen. Plenty of high octane beer in the fridge at a lower cost than what you pay for cheap beer at the stadium. I agree though, that everyone should attend at least one Bears' home game, Soldier Field is a unique experience. Everyone singing "Bear Down Chicago Bears" when they score is really cool.

Last time I attended a game at Soldier Field was New Year's Eve 2006 vs Green Bay, the night Rex Grossman decided not to prepare for the game because he was going out partying. The drive home the next day wasn't very pleasant knowing I'd spent $230 for the seat, which was so high up, the players looked like ants. No telling how much I spent on food, beer, gas, & lodging. Only to go all that way & spend all that money to see the Bears lay an egg vs the Packers. I'll keep my NFL Sunday Ticket.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Absolutely. I've only been to 2 NFL games, only one of which has been a Bears game and that was in Denver. I went to another broncos game against the chargers. I couldn't stand being there. There were always people in the way. I couldn't pay attention to the game because there was some drunk, obnoxious pick screaming at everyone. The food/drinks were ridiculously expensive.

If I had my choice I would watch the games at home alone or with a few choice friends. Usually I have to watch at a sports bar but it's primarily with an entire room of Bears fans so that's not too horrible.

Sorry about the Broncos game. I popped my Jager cherry that day.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soldier Field is a blast, particularly in October when the weather's still nice. I recommend going at least once if you haven't been. That being said, I prefer games on the widescreen.